The Lunatic Club

Shinori

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiki's advantage in Lunatic comes from her difficulty-boosted base stats being pretty solid. Not that training Nowi is exactly difficult or anything (can you move units onto a fort? congratulations, you've mastered half of Nowi's training regimen), but basically with Tiki you can just let her solo a child Paralogue with some tonics and Anna, reclassing back into Manakete at level 30, and you're Good to Goâ„¢ for the rest of the game.

Nah is similar, but depends on the father for her bases, so it's a little touchier getting started.

Clear on turn 2 O_O ? How ?

Hm...

The AI in that chapter is pretty weird. Basically, the enemies all charge mindlessly towards Tiki as far as possible. After moving, they then check to see if there's a unit in range and attacks them (using the normal priority system). So if you put units at the edge of their range, you can kill them on enemy phase rather than having to kill them all on player phase.

Hm...

The AI in that chapter is pretty weird. Basically, the enemies all charge mindlessly towards Tiki as far as possible. After moving, they then check to see if there's a unit in range and attacks them (using the normal priority system). So if you put units at the edge of their range, you can kill them on enemy phase rather than having to kill them all on player phase.

Actually, they'll ignore your units unless they can't reach Tiki because you're in the way, in which case, they attack you instead (at least, that's what I've seen).

Manakates are in general really good because of their leveling. They always level like an unpromoted unit and when reclassed from 30->1, they get exp like a level 15 unit with stats like a level 30 unit. The enemy is promoted and high level by this time, so you get like 80-100 exp per kill for a while. Tiki is really close to that so all of a sudden Tiki is effectively level 50, which combined with her insane bases for a level 20 unit, means near max stats and fun. Plus they have concrete durability resulting in effective immortality and strong 1-2 range, which no one else but overleveled Veterantar/children with Tomes really claim (Luna units can also somewhat claim this). Similar to Nosferatu except Manakates level faster. Nowi!Morgan with Veteran (+Deliverer somehow?) would be fun. Might even be better than the usual Chrom!Morgan or Avatar!Lucina though no Galeforcing.

I usually use Tiki (because <3) but I find the wyverns more useful in general because of mobility and the fact they're around for so much longer. Probably a playstyle thing, but I usually have enough competent fighters and Rescue to deal easily with Wind magic/Bows. And Tiki comes in a part of the game where I usually rushrushrush. Haven't tried saving paralogues for her though, that's a really good idea.

Though regarding Wyverns in Lunatic, tbh I didn't notice much difference between Wyvern Lon'qu with Hero Gregor and Wyvern Panne with Assassin Lon'qu (obviously different runs). Both steamroll after a while and Lon'qu is probably easier to train because of 2 early Killing Edges versus the early axefest. Also Lon'qu has more consistent Avoid and in the rare cases of half health, he has Vantage+Dual Strike/Crits for more effective avoid (against squishes it's basically multiplies their hit about another 20-30%). Haven't looked too carefully at the averages though admittedly, which may be the difference since Panne's personal bases and growths are ridiculous. I don't think Sully is too different either though slower to train in Lunatic. Anyways, Wyverns = good in Lunatic.

Re: the 2 turn clear of Tiki's paralogue. There are no reinforcements until turn 2 enemy phase, so if you deal with the starting enemies by turn 2 player phase, you can clear it early. Requires Rescue and Olivia and a balanced team. Maybe forged effective weapons. Made much easier by Galeforce.

Edited by XeKr

Just tried it. If your characters are right next to where the enemies end their movement but the path to Tiki is still clear, the enemies still won't attack.

Edited by Othin

Just tried it. If your characters are right next to where the enemies end their movement but the path to Tiki is still clear, the enemies still won't attack.

Huh, ok. I just assumed that having a path to Tiki didn't matter.

I don't have access to that Paralogue, but I wonder if putting four units around Tiki would make the enemies attack you on turn 1 enemy phase?

Oh right, manaketes count as unpromoted. But In no grind runs I usually get tiki after chapter 20. By that time I had most of the children paralogues that I could do done so I just didn't feel the need to train her since I already had my full team by then. I will probably give her a try in a Luna+ run.

I don't have access to that Paralogue, but I wonder if putting four units around Tiki would make the enemies attack you on turn 1 enemy phase?

Nope, doesn't work that way. Enemies will still fly right past your units.

Oh right, manaketes count as unpromoted. But In no grind runs I usually get tiki after chapter 20. By that time I had most of the children paralogues that I could do done so I just didn't feel the need to train her since I already had my full team by then. I will probably give her a try in a Luna+ run.

I don't think you'll find her all that useful in Lunatic+, since Counter spam sort of undermines her best role. Recruiting her in Lunatic+ is also a huge pain in the ass since the standard "box out" strategy doesn't work when enemies can randomly spawn with Pass.

Well this sucks i wanted to try a lunatic/clas mode for once but, i got tru chapter 4 two times because i had a bad MU but now im stuck again at Chapter 5 how do u guys do it without DLC? there is also paralog 1 but i don’t think i will be able to get Donnel without him dying?

To save Maribelle and Ricken, kill the Myrmidon on the first turn so Maribelle can move to where it was and jump on Frederick, and have Sumia fly up so Ricken can jump on her.

You can do P1 first; it's very much doable even with recruiting Donnel at this point, although it's very difficult. You can get your first Rescue staff there, which is extremely convenient.

Clear on turn 2 O_O ? How ?

It's easiest to do on Hard mode (not Normal, ironically, due to when enemies spawn), but you need to make use of Olivia and/or Rescue to get the boss killed on the first turn since he won't move, then kill the other 10 enemies on turn 2. I don't remember the exact number, but you can deploy enough units to do this + have some extras, though you won't be able to take advantage of Pair Up bonuses on everyone so you may need to rely on dual attacks and precise positioning on the first turn to make it work (so each person can attack with their partner next to them). For Lunatic in particular, effective weaponry such as Wind magic and Bows may be especially helpful.

Here's a fairly detailed description of my 2-turn clear on Lunatic from my playlog. Relevant A/S supports were Sumia/Frederick, Gaius/Panne, Fox(Avatar)/Chrom, and Morgan/Lucina:

For some reason I thought I remembered seeing more enemies here on Lunatic mode. Oh well.

I will admit this strategy had a good deal of reliance on luck and probably had something like a 35-40% chance of happening. But I'd rather do it this way.

I start with Olivia helping Chrom!Fox to kill the boss. Easy stuff. Everyone else gets into position: Gaius, Panne, Fred, and Sumia at the left, Anna, Say'ri!Lissa, and Libra at the right, Morgan and Lucina south.

Fred and Sumia were position such that Fred would attack and Sumia would join him without having to move. Panne and Gaius were also able to attack each of their targets from range, Gaius and his Killer Bow being the deciding factor in their kills. This left side was the most chancy, with all of them having <80 Hit rates and requiring <80% dual strikes for the kills.

After, Anna killed one Wyvern with a +3 MT Levin Sword and Mag Tonic. Lissa w/Say'ri could double and kill with a +1 MT Elwind. Since Sumia had not yet moved, she was able to fly over and weaken the remaining Wyvern enough for Libra to take Say'ri and double and kill with the Bolt Axe, but Libra joined Sumia anyway and didn't need Say'ri. This side's kills were 100%; no luck required.

Morgan had previously dropped Lucina one space further than she could otherwise move so that Morgan could attack a Griffin with a Hand Axe while next to Lucina so she could join in and help kill, then she killed another. Then Fox ran up and killed another, then Olivia danced for her and then Fox finished the job.

And in comes the busty dragon lady.

It's easiest to do on Hard mode (not Normal, ironically, due to when enemies spawn), but you need to make use of Olivia and/or Rescue to get the boss killed on the first turn since he won't move, then kill the other 10 enemies on turn 2. I don't remember the exact number, but you can deploy enough units to do this + have some extras, though you won't be able to take advantage of Pair Up bonuses on everyone so you may need to rely on dual attacks and precise positioning on the first turn to make it work (so each person can attack with their partner next to them). For Lunatic in particular, effective weaponry such as Wind magic and Bows may be especially helpful.

Here's a fairly detailed description of my 2-turn clear on Lunatic from my playlog. Relevant A/S supports were Sumia/Frederick, Gaius/Panne, Fox(Avatar)/Chrom, and Morgan/Lucina:

For some reason I thought I remembered seeing more enemies here on Lunatic mode. Oh well.

I will admit this strategy had a good deal of reliance on luck and probably had something like a 35-40% chance of happening. But I'd rather do it this way.

I start with Olivia helping Chrom!Fox to kill the boss. Easy stuff. Everyone else gets into position: Gaius, Panne, Fred, and Sumia at the left, Anna, Say'ri!Lissa, and Libra at the right, Morgan and Lucina south.

Fred and Sumia were position such that Fred would attack and Sumia would join him without having to move. Panne and Gaius were also able to attack each of their targets from range, Gaius and his Killer Bow being the deciding factor in their kills. This left side was the most chancy, with all of them having <80 Hit rates and requiring <80% dual strikes for the kills.

After, Anna killed one Wyvern with a +3 MT Levin Sword and Mag Tonic. Lissa w/Say'ri could double and kill with a +1 MT Elwind. Since Sumia had not yet moved, she was able to fly over and weaken the remaining Wyvern enough for Libra to take Say'ri and double and kill with the Bolt Axe, but Libra joined Sumia anyway and didn't need Say'ri. This side's kills were 100%; no luck required.

Morgan had previously dropped Lucina one space further than she could otherwise move so that Morgan could attack a Griffin with a Hand Axe while next to Lucina so she could join in and help kill, then she killed another. Then Fox ran up and killed another, then Olivia danced for her and then Fox finished the job.

And in comes the busty dragon lady.

I wonder, in this case, does killing the boss stop reinforcements? Or do they still come in anyways?

Edited by Levant Fortner

I don't think you'll find her all that useful in Lunatic+, since Counter spam sort of undermines her best role. Recruiting her in Lunatic+ is also a huge pain in the ass since the standard "box out" strategy doesn't work when enemies can randomly spawn with Pass.

But what if I rescue her to the bottom, and fill the 3 empty spots with units that can 2 range counter?

I've always skipped this paralogue on Luna+

Edited by 1% critted

I'm thinking of starting a Lunatic+ playlog (There aren't ENUF lunatic ones) of my most recent one but I'm already in chapter 5 and I've never done a playlog before. I have to give Walhart some company.

Edited by 1% critted

Speaking of Lunatic+ Logs: After finishing my first L+ playthrough with grinding, I started my log two days ago (no DLC, no Nosferatu,no wirless stuff except the first renowns). I didn´t posted it on SF yet because I don´t feel optimistic at all. Not exactly cool to post a log and giving up after like five chapters.

For starters, I used a male MU and plan to mary him to a Sully!Lucina (until then he sticks to Frederick...) even though I don´t know if it is a reasonable choice. Can Chrom and Sully grow properly until chapter 13? Would Morgan come too late or with low base stats?

Next I want to use Lon´zu and Cordelia as Speed Supporters for Nowi and Vaike. I don´t have plans or ideas for other team members besides the healers like Lissa/Libra/Anna. I have the impression that you should rely on very few combat units.

Here are my units stats. Feel free to point out the lack of experience or overuse of Frederick. I did try not feeding him all the stuff but it isn´t easy /whining

Chrom
Lord Level 4, 50
HP. 22
Str. 10
Mag. 1
Skl. 10
Spd.11
Lck.6
Def.9
Res. 1
D Sword
B MU, C Sully

MU
Tactician Level 9, 96
HP. 25
Str. 11
Mag. 10
Skl. 9
Spd. 12
Lck. 4
Def. 13
Res. 8
almost D Sword, almost C Book
B Chrom, B Frederick

Sully
Cavalier Level 5, 60
HP. 23
Str. 9
Mag. 1
Skl. 11
Spd. 10
Lck. 8
Def. 8
Res. 3
E Sword, C Lance
C Chrom

Frederick
Great Knight Level 5, 86
HP. 32
Str. 16
Skl. 15
Spd. 13
Lck. 9
Def. 16
Res. 3
A Sword, A Lance, D Axe

B MU C Lissa

Lissa
Healer Level 6,10
HP. 22
Str. 3
Mag. 8
Skl. 7
Spd. 6
Lck. 11
Def. 3
Res. 7
almost C Staff
C Frederick

Vaike: Base Level(he supported units to let them kill things).

Yeah I'm using few combat units, and I've had to sacrifice some units so my units that I will actually use could survive :(. I wouldn't do this in regular lunatic but stuff happens.

What chapter are you on?

I'm on ch.6 right now and here are my units and stats.

Chrom

Level 7.90, 25 HP,10str,1mag, 13 skill, 11 spd, 9 lck, 13 def, 2 res.
C swords, A support with avatar, C with lissa, C with Sumia.

FE Avatar( called ♀): Pegasus Knight.

Level 15/4.34. 32HP, 13str, 12 mag, 16 skill ,19+2 spd, 12 lck, 21 def, 12 res. E Lances, Chrom A support, Fred B support, Lissa C support

Lissa: Level 11.30 Cleric. 25 HP

Str 4, mag 11, 6 skill, 10 spd, 13 lck, 4 def, 9 res. B rank staves.
C Avatar support, C chrom support, C Fred support.

Fred: Level 7.76 GK

34 HP 18 Str, 3 mag, 15 skill, 14 spd, 8 lck, 18 def, 5 res.
C swords, A Lances, B axes.

Lon'qu: Level 10.89 Myrm. 24 HP(ugh less than Lissa)

10 str, 2 mag, 17 skill, 17 spd, 11 Lck, 8 def, 3 Res.

B swords. No supports.

Sully: Base, support with Fred Paralogue 1 and support Lon'qu
chapter 5.

Kellam: Base, support Fred chapter 3,4 and 5. Support Lon'qu
Paralogue 1.

Ricken: Base.

Maribelle: Level 4.54 (She is just going to staffbot.)

HP 19, str 0, mag 5, skill 5, spd 7, Lck 6, Def 4, Res 7+2.

D staff, No supports.

The rest is dead. (Wasn't in vain though :cry: .)

I'm planning on using Lon'qu + Panne, and Gregor + Nowi. Then when I can get them, I will use Lucina, Morgan, Nah and Yarne.

I'm using no DLC. I'm using Renown, up to the Large bullion, and the Bonus Items. Not using any other wireless stuff.

Edited by 1% critted

I'm thinking of starting a Lunatic+ playlog (There aren't ENUF lunatic ones) of my most recent one but I'm already in chapter 5 and I've never done a playlog before. I have to give Walhart some company.

I am considering this as well. Waiting until I finish my current run though, so I can be sure that the concept I want to use will work all the way. I'm up to Ch20, and the wheels are sort of coming off the bus.

You should probably still do it if it something you're interested in, even if you have to give up and grind later, just to get more data out there. There isn't a lot of collective Luna+ discussion.

If I would, could I start writing it from where I am now, without posting the stats of the earlier chapters? I really don't want to restart. Also I don't play LTC, I'm not even doing efficiency (60 turns on chapter 1 grinding supports with an unarmed boss.)

I want to do one because really, there's like 7 active hard mode playlogs. MOAR Luna and Luna+.

Do whatever you find more fun and interesting. Don't restart if you don't want to. Any sort of log would be interesting imo.

I'm likely also doing an Lunatic+ run somewhat soon. I want to see how viable a playthrough that's not centered on a Chrom/FeAvatar Galeforcing family is. Also no Nosferatu, maybe no Sol.

Of course that'll probably mean reliance on other "cheap" stuff like Manakates and Avoid-stacking with a balanced team + Rescue spam to deal with the skill variance. Probably going to center mostly around a largish team of Manakates, particularly Nowi!Morgan, Avatar!Nah, and Tiki (not going to use Nowi long-term) + various glass cannon types like Sumia!Lucina and Lon'qu. Plus I kinda want to try misc things like Taguels as support partners for their Str/Spd Pair Up and Beastbane Dual Strikes.

Edited by XeKr

Do whatever you find more fun and interesting. Don't restart if you don't want to. Any sort of log would be interesting imo.

I'm likely also doing an Lunatic+ run somewhat soon. I want to see how viable a playthrough that's not centered on a Chrom/FeAvatar Galeforcing family is. Also no Nosferatu, maybe no Sol.

Of course that'll probably mean reliance on other "cheap" stuff like Manakates and Avoid-stacking with a balanced team + Rescue spam to deal with the skill variance. Probably going to center mostly around a largish team of Manakates, particularly Nowi!Morgan, Avatar!Nah, and Tiki (not going to use Nowi long-term) + various glass cannon types like Sumia!Lucina and Lon'qu. Plus I kinda want to try misc things like Taguels as support partners for their Str/Spd Pair Up and Beastbane Dual Strikes.

Nowi is viable long term if you fix her speed..

Tiki is better on Lunatic and lunatic+ though.

Okay then, I think I will start it. As soon as I finish chapter 6 after my terrible luck( hence my username) got me killed at the last part of the chapter.