The Lunatic Club

Shinori

Level 12. At that level, is she supposed to be able to double those mages? Because my Nowi doesn't even with tonics and Gaius/Gregor pair up.

Takes a while for Nowi to get going in Lunatic, so it's not unusual to be unable to double. It's fine if she can 2HKO and survive Enemy Phase (easier if you make it to the Fort as well), because that will serve to 1) level her up, and 2) take the heat off everyone else. You want to make sure that the Sage doesn't double her, though, that'll get ugly quick.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the main is that group of mages? I hope my Nowi RES is decent enough to tank them since even my avatar could decimated quick by those nasty spells. And after I kite those mages with Nowi, then I suppose I should move the rest the team to left side of the map?

That's the idea, run them to the left and handle the enemies that are around the Hero, making sure to stay out of range of Gangrel's group.

Nowi should have something like 14-15 modified RES by level 12, plus another two from a tonic, which is enough IIRC. If not, pair her with a Peg temporarily (since they give SPD and RES) so that she can make it. Forts help a lot as well. Give her some consumable heals.

Modified which mean includes the bonus from Dragonstone right? She have a total of 16 RES with tonic on, so I guess that is enough. If she died too often, I'll probably change her pair bot to Cordelia. Gonna try it out, thanks!

Have to retry several time because I greatly underestimate the number of enemy reinforcement, though the strategy works wonder. Nowi have screwed growth, but at least paid off by Lon'qu growth on all of his stat, twice. He already capped one of his stat, which probably mean its time for promotion. Is he better as Griffon Rider or Wyvern Lord?

Now Chapter 12, and its already look daunting. How the AI worked in this chapter?

Umm... Wyvern Lon'qu?

Okay what you need for the chapter is 2 tanks and 1 or 2 heavy hitters. Frederick already has one of the jobs done(tanking). The tanks block the upper side(make sure that you kill the beastkiller knight.)

Meanwhile the other characters focus on the left side enemies that are incoming. The AI works like this

On turn 1: the groups closest to you move, and the Paladin group from the left and right move.

On turn 2: the Bow Knight group from the left move.

On turn 3: the Bow knight group from the right move.

On turn 4 the Knights near the ship bridge move.

On turn 5: the enemies in the ship move.

You will need good tanking if you want to succeed, good luck. Oh, and make any Wyvern Rider a Wyvern Lord first and then a Griffon Rider. Griffon Rider is stuck with axes, so getting swordbreaker first will make a GF much better.

On my current Lunatic file i've been grinding units in DLC to complete more DLC and now every single unit is roflstomping everything on Ch.18. Theres definitely a lack of balance in terms of grinding ability in this game, internal levels don't seem to work well enough.

On my current Lunatic file i've been grinding units in DLC to complete more DLC and now every single unit is roflstomping everything on Ch.18. Theres definitely a lack of balance in terms of grinding ability in this game, internal levels don't seem to work well enough.

In a game with free battles like this I believe self refrain is the thing that matter. Even most SMT would be too easy if you over-grind yourself (though this is very hard to achieve). While this isn't much of a problem for people who hates grinding, someone like who doesn't bothered to grind all the way have tendency to go overboard and undeliberately removes challenges from the game.

Well, its true that the game should make a mechanic that refrain people from over-grind, but in the end self-refrain is what important. Because I believe that we would have something like Golden Pack DLC in future titles.

Edited by Shengar

I'd have to agree with N7. I'm finally getting back around to playing, and my Lunatic file has been trivialized thanks to farming DLC for gold, exp, items, etc. Though... My sister has been telling me that Lunatic+ is a nightmare no matter how much you grind toward the end of the game.

Hmm...

My sister has been telling me that Lunatic+ is a nightmare no matter how much you grind toward the end of the game.

I wouldn't go as far to call it a "nightmare", but grinding definitely doesn't solve your problems in Lunatic+ like it does in vanilla Lunatic. It does create an issue with Counter enemies, for example, if your team is very overleveled.

The main campaign isn't balanced for grinding in general. Enemy stat increases seem to go on the assumption that the player is just moving chapter to chapter with a few paralogues thrown in here and there. I'm not really sure how anyone can't expect grinding to trivialize the game, though.

I'd have to agree with N7. I'm finally getting back around to playing, and my Lunatic file has been trivialized thanks to farming DLC for gold, exp, items, etc. Though... My sister has been telling me that Lunatic+ is a nightmare no matter how much you grind toward the end of the game.

Hmm...

It mostly requires odd, outside-the-box thinking. Counter causes grinding to backfire a bit, but this can easily be circumvented with stuff like Galeforce, Rescue Staff abuse, unequipped decoys and bows, to name a few. Aside from that, grinding will still trivialize enemies who don't have Counter (Luna+ enemies might offer some resistance, but it's still easy to overpower them with raw stats).

I'd actually say Lunatic+ gets easier as it progresses, even at the end, because the army has many more options open to it to counter the enemies' added skills.

I'd actually say Lunatic+ gets easier as it progresses, even at the end, because the army has many more options open to it to counter the enemies' added skills.

As long as you don't make my mistake and instapromote everyone really early.

i've beaten lunatic mode... it isn't TOO hard... well, at first it's like living in hell, but then it gets pretty easy... and i didn't even have to grind DLC...

Edited by kohlbey

I really need to stop being lazy(and a combination of busy and distracted with life) and finish my Lunatic playthrough, so I can finally get on with Lunatic+. I'm on Chapter 17, but I've been trying to grind the parents up to recruit the children(since I didn't recruit them all on my Hard playthrough).

Edit: Thanks for the responses on Lunatic+. I suppose there isn't really a way around keeping the game overly difficult, but I've always found that's the tough part with SRPG's; finding a balance between being god-awful overpowered and getting slaughtered. Still looking forward to it, either way.

Edited by Xjezhekír

Chapter 13 really looks intimidating. That starting position and those longbow archers. What is the general strategy for this map?

You have three:

First one is to block the 3 southern forts and block the two chokes in the hills. This will block the reinforcements and also allow you to block the enemies. Your other units will concentrate on the group that's coming from the north, and then help the tankers with the enemies.

Second one is to take everyone to either the left or right hill and block it. You need a really good tank for this. With that tank blocking the hill, your other units back him up with 2-range and you heal when necessary.

Third one is the one you use if you have strong units. Similar to the second one, but you take the two hills and camp them. You need two strong fliers, or the one that is paired up with the fliers needs to be strong. On the first turn Kill both Silver bow snipers with your flier pairs. The rest of your non-fliers work on the left and right side. After you take the bottom side you split your units left and right. Then you block the hill and wait for the reinforcements.

These are the strats I use, and they work fantastically, hope it helps.

I'm still kinda a Lunatic noob (only Chapter 3) But bumrushing the boss doesn't seem like a bad plan if you don't mind missing out on some EXP.

Just like early promoting, this can be a crucial mistake in Lunatic. All that EXP is wanted and NEEDED, because the enemies in mid and late game, grow strong and fast. Granted if you have DLC then you can just use that, but not even the reinforcements deserve to live.

Edited by 1% critted

Is on my progress on my first Lunatic Run so far. Might as well finish it soon

Thoughts:

- Sumia surprised me. i thought her lack of self recovery and early squishiness would hurt, but its kinda not. Clutch during chapter 5, and she can dodge reliably soon after. Gets Galeforce pretty damn soon. Chapter 13 is one of the more fun level in the game where I used her Flying traits as a control. I send her to take out Longbow, and I calculated the Longbow Sniper reinforcements. One of the better experience in this mode is figuring out how to feed her kills, which I do by abusing her (extremely quick) Chrom support, mixing it up with Frederick here and there

- Frederick has been an asset so far. Having A/A/A warrant him a use over the otherwise superior Kjelle. Still does heavy damage, and his ability to wield every kind of effective weapons is welcome, even moreso because by playing really slowly, I get 2 AS, 3 Hammer, and 2 Beastkiller which is pretty fun

- Chrom falls off rather hard. Aether + RFK is not entirely reliable. In fact, Sumia has been a better front unit in comparison to Chrom

- Stages are relatively manageable past chapter 7. Chapter 17 is one of few levels where I am forced to make it quick

- Learning where and how the reinforcement spawn is a neat trick. Chapter 16, for example is quite solid for my Freddy training ground for the laughable Falco Reinforcement. Chapter 13 and 12 is basically a training heaven

- Slowing down on this mode really make it much easier. one of few stuff that i learned is how much I underestimated the Weapon Triangle in this game

Lets see how it goes

So far, I would say while the mode still have the ussual Awakening flaw(game is more position your unit properly to kill as much shit without dying than strategize properly), its pretty damn enjoyable

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

for chapter 13 if you have some spare rescue staves lying around and a unit who can ORKO the boss (or two if you can spare a flier), you can deploy lissa, maribelle and olivia (and anna if you have her) to just gank the boss

13 is a good training ground tho >_>

On that note, how useful is Tiki in Lunatic?

Do you know how you need to baby Nowi for a bit to make her good?

Same thing but with less babying. And less defense. She will grow fast just like Nowi, and will cap stats even with the few chapters that remain.