The Lunatic Club

Shinori

Having enough Renown for the Second Seal isn't a problem because you can just carry it over from another file. Turtling in Lunatic(+) is to be expected and can't really be avoided without massive grinding or an Avatar solo on regular Lunatic, so it's nothing to complain about.

If Gold is in short supply and spotpass is allowed, get Despoil on DLC!Pr.Marth ahead of time, save it in the logbook, and hire him and have him use it with Falchion on weak spotpass teams for infinite money. It's sort of slow, but very reliable.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that I'll get the large bullion from renown to start with. That's 5000 gold at the start + 10,000 from the bullion. Characters under level 5 or so cost 3000-5000 gold IIRC. So I get 4 spotpass units + Chrom at the start. That should be manageable right?

Characters under Lv.5 or so will be even more helpless than the chumps in Cht.2. Spare yourself the trouble and just try to do a Chrom solo.

Or just recruit one decently strong guy. Travant is a boss at Lunatic if you can pull together the extra 3,200G.

You can get the enough money by like CH8 - 10. Spotpass Char in general is a pretty op mechanic when used right

Key phrase here. Lots of weak spotpass characters will just give you lots of Avatars that can't support and don't have Veteran. The big break in Spotpass is that the price scaling doesn't work and incredibly powerful units cost around as much as a forged weapon or two. The best two for Lunatic(+) are Travant and Ashnard, who start with high Mov/Def, Swordbreaker, and Renewal. Ashnard also has high Res, which is odd for a Wyvern Lord.

Finished normal classic yesterday and decided to have a crack at lunatic classic today.

I have the Prologue down, chapter 1 I abused Frederick on a fort & I can't get past the second turn in chapter 2. funfun

Think I might have to start over, and I'll just abuse Fred until Chapter 4 to get to my DLC >.>

You need to abuse MU, yields better results. For Lunatic ch2 I tend to have everyone but MU/freddie stack up at bottom right corner, MU tanks enemies in the forest until he/she can reach a fort.

The best two for Lunatic(+) are Travant and Ashnard, who start with high Mov/Def, Swordbreaker, and Renewal. Ashnard also has high Res, which is odd for a Wyvern Lord.

I'd also like to throw in a good word for Jaffar, when it comes to Spotpass mercenaries for Lunatic+. He has Pass and Galeforce plus Bow access by default, which is kind of an awesome combination.

You need to abuse MU, yields better results. For Lunatic ch2 I tend to have everyone but MU/freddie stack up at bottom right corner, MU tanks enemies in the forest until he/she can reach a fort.

Thanks for the tips, I'll give it another 20+ goes :P

BTW, any tips for chapter 21 Luna+? One-turned chapter 20, but it seems that Ch. 21 has even higher enemy density than Ch.19

Wait, what? You one-turned Walhart v2.0? Chapter 21 is the chapter with the Mire guys, is that the one you are stuck on?

Welp, must have messed up the chapter count (Srry epic fail, even if something tells me it could be theoretically doable) One turned 19, not 20

EDIT: Actually I could just grind a little bit more and oneshot this one as well, but it'd take the fun out of it. (Would need to get Lissa/Maribelle A, reclass one of them to Valkyire; get Morgan/MU A support, get morgan one more level and reclass to Assassin for Pass and maybe swap again to Dark Flier; then have Lissa/Maribelle nuke down Cervantes and move on/rescue Arms/Pass/Gale/Ignis/Deliverer Morgan + Luna/Ignis/Axebreaker/Arms/Aggro (Would need 11 more levels on MU) MU with Celica's Gales on both of them) Also, I don't want to skip on treasure chests.

EDIT 2: Scratch that, I could 1 turn it now (Gonna try that)

EDIT 3: Success!

Edited by tuvarkz

Bring your strongest units only, and rush like a mad man. Stay in the side corridors [easier to deal with the ED], and get as far away from the entrance as possible, as quickly as possible-- just a few short turns in, a massive wave of troops spawns where you do, and they will kill basically anyone near where Cervantes is.

Use a Rescue rush, and Dual Strike kill Walhart using Magic.

And yes, you can 1 turn Chapter 20 on Lunatic+. It's difficult and risky, since you need a few Rescue bots and Galeforce for it, but it can be done. [i'd reset if there's a bunch of LHC Shield+/Excellus has shield+ if going for the 1 Turn.]

Doable? Yes. Reliably doable? Well...

I'd also like to throw in a good word for Jaffar, when it comes to Spotpass mercenaries for Lunatic+. He has Pass and Galeforce plus Bow access by default, which is kind of an awesome combination.

True. I use Ashnard/Travant for unequipped interference, drawing off rushes and making it easier to feed people and the like, but if you want a guy for actually killing things Jaffar's your man.

The other secret to breaking the game with Spotpass units is that all of them (probably) have Avatar's growth rates, meaning even if they start with uber low Lck, Mag and Res, they still will have quite decent growth rates in all those stats. By keeping that in mind, you can easily use certain units in ways you clearly aren't intended to.

What I did:

Lissa Rally Magic/Mov on Maribelle(only dmg bonus skill was +2 allstat, lissa had none), then cordelia rally mov Lissa, Olivia spec dance Lissa, pair Lissa and Maribelle, Maribelle tears down Cervantes, Lissa obliterates the general near Excellus, and rescues GM Morgan(Ignis/Deliverer/Arms/Vet/GF)+ DreadFighter MU(Ignis/Luna/Arms/Vet/Axebreaker), who proceeds to kill Excelllus with Arcthunder and get A in magic, then move forward, Morgan with Maxforged Gale, MU with Maxforged Brave Sword, Walhart didn't attack once.

Edited by tuvarkz

Grinding some renown prepping for another crack at L+.

I want to do FeMU for it because broken as fuck etc, but part of me wants to use MaMUxTiki because I've come to love manaketes as a class and you cant get manakete morgan with Femu

Edited by Tribute

Working on my Lunatic postgame team. Going to be more of a mix of first and second gen units than my old post-game file, and im mixing up the childs parents too.

Just went back to my luna+/classic file though... chapter 2 is just giving me an absurd amount of trouble. I feel like im banging my face against a brick wall expecting it to topple over.

Just started a lunatic run got through ch 4 and then accidentally saved over my data :'(. Also Im assuming DLC grinding isn't considered a true lunatic run but I found by ch 4 I relied really heavily on frederick. How do most players keep their characters from stalling at lvl 1-3 without it?

what asset and flaw do you start your avatar with? I tried luck+hp- but that didnt seem to go so well I was thinking doing def+ or speed+ to help out with the early chapters.

Just started a lunatic run got through ch 4 and then accidentally saved over my data :'(. Also Im assuming DLC grinding isn't considered a true lunatic run but I found by ch 4 I relied really heavily on frederick. How do most players keep their characters from stalling at lvl 1-3 without it?

The usual tactic is to get Avatar fed and have her/him lead the charge. Once Avatar can keep the majority of the enemies distracted, Fred can be used to soften up isolated enemies and feed the kill to any other unit being trained.

what asset and flaw do you start your avatar with? I tried luck+hp- but that didnt seem to go so well I was thinking doing def+ or speed+ to help out with the early chapters.

Taking an HP flaw tends to be a really bad idea. Survivability is already pretty iffy against those stats and -3 HP is just making it more difficult. I usually run +Def/-Luk, myself, but have also been successful with +Spd/-Luk. I've seen other people take -Skl instead, though I'd say Skl provides much more benefit than Luk.

As of lunatic, -luk is generally the consensus as the flaw to aim for, with +mag, +spd and +def being the reccomendend ones. TBH, +str can also work as well (Skill is just inferior to spd, res inferior to mag, hp spreads bonuses too far around, the bonus luck doesn't really do much but prevent a crit, but that shouldn't be happening after prologue anyways.)

I've finally soft-reset my way through the first leg of vanilla Lunatic classic, just finished Chapter 2. I lost Stahl and Virion, but other than that I'm in good shape. MU has +str/-skill. The only thing I'm really dreading now is Chapter 4, as that chapter has given me trouble even in Hard mode. Any tips?