Chapter 9 Is So Sad...

GamingPandas

I kinda teared up for a bit when she said her final lines on top of the cliff.

Why I never thought this game will can be so touching...

And maybe someone with knowledge can tell me what NoA's spotpass paralogue release schedules are? Like when are those Gangrel, Aversa, Emmergyn, etc spotpasses gona be released? Anyone know?

Yeah looking back at radiant dawn and then to this game, IS really stepped up in the story department, lots of touching, funny, and just great characters/moments.

Still haven't finished the game yet, but yeah that moment was quite sad.

I'd like to imagine she stays dead, thanks. I actually saw someone hit this scene on the bus. I could tell because they started crying a little. I might have joined in.

I happen to have a new friend now. His name is Frank.

I'd like to imagine she stays dead, thanks. I actually saw someone hit this scene on the bus. I could tell because they started crying a little. I might have joined in.

Yeah, the fact that

through SpotPass you get a paralogue where you can recruit her is really dumb. All of the SpotPass characters you get that you kill/get killed (Gangrel, Walhart, Emmeryn) in the story are going to be killed when their paralogues are released on my game, because I hate retconning of deaths in games like Fire Emblem. Characters who die in the story should say dead.

Edited by Zelos

This scene was a real tear jerker for me, even with some prior knowledge of the story before I started playing the game. I'm more than impressed with the depth of story and character in this game. There have been plenty of support conversations that made me laugh out loud as well. I'm becoming rather attached to my units.

A later paralogue reveals she survived, and can be recruited.

[sarcasm]Unless it's Batman or Superman, then yes. wink.gif [/sarcasm]

I'm sort of neutral on the matter. While I've yet to see how the scenes play out, I know from other games that something like this can work out just as great as their sacrifice did. Take Cid's apparent death in Final Fantasy IV. Granted, he's a much less graceful character than Emmeryn, but the scene where it's discovered he's alive is both touching and funny at the same time.

Edited by Firespark Faerie

This scene was a real tear jerker for me, even with some prior knowledge of the story before I started playing the game. I'm more than impressed with the depth of story and character in this game. There have been plenty of support conversations that made me laugh out loud as well. I'm becoming rather attached to my units.

A later paralogue reveals she survived, and can be recruited.

Really? I heard it was that Naga revived her, not that she survived.

You could be right. I'm only going by what I read about her, which was that she can be recruited in a paralogue, so I just assumed. Actually coming back from the dead is pretty rare in FE, so I find this a little jarring. In either sense she "gets better" after being "turned into a newt."

Some may claim the Spotpass Paralogue cheapens her death a bit. To that I say with a game involving so many branching timelines and such it isn't nearly as unbelievable. Besides, Emmerynn at least deserves to live. The others can stay dead.

Agreed.

I also look at this as being an alternate version of events. Pretty much how Pelleas could be saved in subsequent Radiant Dawn playthroughs.

Yes, that chapter has such a sad ending. But chapter 10 feels so much more depressing.

Some may claim the Spotpass Paralogue cheapens her death a bit. To that I say with a game involving so many branching timelines and such it isn't nearly as unbelievable. Besides, Emmerynn at least deserves to live. The others can stay dead.

True I mean disregarding Parion, everyone dies. Though I have yet to battle Yen'fay I pretty much don't care much for Walhart or Gangrel. I know Emmeryn DESERVES to be revived and can be (I mean we got the Aum Staff which could bring back a deceased character before). Shame she comes with amnesia though, it doesn't feel like we've really gotten Emmeryon back.

Aversa initially doesn't seem so but considering she was brainwashed I supposed to an extent I feel sympathetic (plus her supports with the avatar are funny as hell.)

Nevertheless I'm still getting all of them, but I'm not going out of my way to train Walhart or Gangrel, but eventually I will.

Edited by Naui

When I saw that scene, I will admit that my eye teared up. I normally don't cry or get close to crying during video games, but that scene along with the dialogue with it, just got to me.

Yes, that chapter has such a sad ending. But chapter 10 feels so much more depressing.

True I mean disregarding Parion, everyone dies. Though I have yet to battle Yen'fay I pretty much don't care much for Walhart or Gangrel. I know Emmeryn DESERVES to be revived and can be (I mean we got the Aum Staff which could bring back a deceased character before). Shame she comes with amnesia though, it doesn't feel like we've really gotten Emmeryon back.

Aversa initially doesn't seem so but considering she was brainwashed I supposed to an extent I feel sympathetic (plus her supports with the avatar are funny as hell.)

Nevertheless I'm still getting all of them, but I'm not going out of my way to train Walhart or Gangrel, but eventually I will.

I'm probably going to slam the door in the face of Gangrel's redemption. I hate him. Just gonna kill his pathetic ass.

Walhart is a zombie....

Emmeryn shows signs of severe brain damage. It's not just amnesia, she's royally ****ed up. Geez I feel bad for her.

Aversa... She's... ahem... eh. I wouldn't care for her if it weren't for the fact that "OMG Shadowgift".

But it's not just the Aum staff in Awakening here-- we've got all of the rezes, save for Brammimond: Aum, Valkyrie (Which I have to wonder, with the other Holy Weapons of Jugdral around, where the hell is this!? I know it's redundant with Casual mode, but it still should be there!), and Valencia/Valm has Resurrection springs. There's plenty of ways for the dead to come back.

Edited by Airship Canon

I'd say the same for the others too. Emmeryn, Gangrel and Walhart being alive suddenly made the story much less serious. (I'm fine with Aversa being alive, though.)

It's Lissa's face that gets me man. :(

+1 on that. And like others said, the music in Chapter 10 is sad. But it's also amazing.

Personally I had trouble finding Emmeryn an especially believable character. Like, she only has this one dimension of just wanting peace, and it just seems strange that she expects her sacrifice to actually, you know, further that goal. (But then it kinda does? Except not, because oops now you're running all over Valm.)

Personally I had trouble finding Emmeryn an especially believable character. Like, she only has this one dimension of just wanting peace, and it just seems strange that she expects her sacrifice to actually, you know, further that goal. (But then it kinda does? Except not, because oops now you're running all over Valm.)

Which is exactly why Chrom and Phila have been opposing her idea all the time.

Ok so can someone clarify this for me:

If Gangrel and Emmeryn "died". By what reason are they alive in the paralogues? I want to be spoiled so please spoil away!

No specific reasons. Just like in real life, injuries that appear fatal may not really kill, and there's always a chance that the sufferer will survive.

Ok so can someone clarify this for me:

If Gangrel and Emmeryn "died". By what reason are they alive in the paralogues? I want to be spoiled so please spoil away!

Not sure about Emmeryn but in what could be the english description for the spotpass paralogues, it is stated that Gangrel was left for dead so they probably never bothered to check if he was still alive.

Not sure about Emmeryn but in what could be the english description for the spotpass paralogues, it is stated that Gangrel was left for dead so they probably never bothered to check if he was still alive.

Well, at the end of Chapter 9, they were too busy retreating from the Plegian Army. They couldn't even go -get- her body. So that leaves her survival up in the air for SpotPass Chapter.

Also, Yen'fay's case is a little... special.