Bleach, Naruto or One piece? Which ones better

Aizenberg

7 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite

One Piece. No contest.

The characters have development that isn't rushed, the plot makes sense, there are no drawn-out fight scenes and there are no obnoxiously intruding flashbacks EVERY. GOD. DAMN. FIGHT.

Also, I think being on a boat - or even off the boat, but the dynamic of a sort of team adventure instead of a static base - somehow makes this thing with feeling like characters have more interaction w/ each other, or something.

I don't know. I actually don't think I have anything to say here.

Edited by Mouse

It depends. One Piece's story is just going from one island to another and taking out the resident stereotypical bad guy and its fights recently are just stomps(straw hat pirates post-timeskip) or non-existant(pretty much every fight in the war). However, the island theme can produce various interesting scenarios and all the characters are well written. My main issue with it, is that there feels like there's very little depth to what is one of the largest universes in manga/anime. Impel Down was very well executed though.

Naruto has unlikable characters, and both it and Bleach have so much attention on the main characters that the minor ones, who are usually more interesting, get left behind and forced out of the spotlight. However fights are usually more interesting. Starrk vs Kyoraku, Ichigo vs Byakuya, The immortal duo vs Team 10, Pain vs Jiraiya etc were really interesting battles and I feel like they were more involving than a lot of the stuff in One Piece. Of Course, there's a lot of LOL in both Bleach's and Naruto's plots, and there are a lot of forgettable characters to the point where I swear sometimes even the writers forget who's there. That said, there is the occasional moment of brilliance in both. Mostly Jiraiya/Shikamaru in Naruto and the rescue Rukia arc in Bleach, which is probably the best single arc in all three series.

All in all, I wouldn't say that it's super clear cut between any of them so I'll say Bleach because that's the manga I look forward to reading most every Wednesday. One piece is probably a better anime than manga though, so maybe I'm missing out. Fairy Tail deserves a mention though as IIRC it's gaining a large following.

One Piece is fun and the comic is actually surprisingly well-put-together

Also AIDAGERO

YUME WOHHHHHH

CO-OME AT ME BROOOOOOO~ KAKI AT-SU-MEIIII~

Edited by Rehab

One Piece by a landslide, and I've watched/read all three of these before. OP has the best characters and plot out of the three. Fishman Island arc in the anime was too drawn out for my liking (it was much better in the manga) but otherwise every arc doesn't feel drawn out, and it keeps you wanting more.

Having kept up to date on all three, I must add my vote for One Piece. I will say that it's easily the least endearing of the three when first beginning, as it relies on continuous appearance of a wide array of characters and abilities. It takes awhile to really jump up to speed, but by the hundredth chapter it gets pretty priceless. Some arcs, especially the CP9 and White Beard War, are actually some of the best I have ever read period. They're just that good. Not to mention that of all three, it's the only one that's still producing constant quality.

If you're just starting out, Bleach is easily the most endearing with a constant supply of action, plot, and twists. It has new bad guys and people jumping over the line from bad guy to good guy almost constantly. It continues to have neat use of abilities and character dynamics until the Hueco Mundo arc. The Rescue Rukia bits are some of the best in shonen manga, so it's disappointing that the hundreds of chapters that followed afterwards are mostly hackneyed, with awful twists and ass pulls for hundreds of chapters.

Naruto's a bit so-so, but earlier on it definitely had a huge amount of potential. We're introduced with a nice cast of characters, and once it picks up after the first couple volumes it's hard not to get invested in some of the plot. It fell victim to the same thing Bleach did, however, and after a timeskip following a particularly epic series of battles the mangaka Kishimoto seemed to lose the spark he'd had. Most plot since then has been a nonsensical deluge of mediocrity.

I haven't watched or read One Piece, so yeah

warning spoilers and shit

As far as well written moments go and a bit of character development, I think Naruto has that down. I don't find the overall plot to be very cohesive or that good for that matter, but there are some very good gems in there. Jiraya's death scene, Asuma's death scene, Shikamaru avenging Asuma, Gaara's character development and Neji's character development, to name a few. But I admit I skipped pretty much everything after the whole Pain arc until Gaara was fighting his dad and shit because character development yes.

Bleach has pretty art and sort of good action and occasional good moments I'll always be biased towards it because characters like Byakuya <3 But the pacing is all over the place. It's kind of the reverse from Naruto where the pace is actually picking up in the newest arc as opposed to "just what the fuck is going on". but the fake Karakura town arc was like a goddamn snail's pace. The very first arcs were pretty good pacing wise and it's kind of cool how soul society are the antagonists in the beginning. But then we get to the Arrancar arc and sort of in there it slows down, then the Hueco Mundo arc is ok because of the fights. then yeah FKT arc. Then fullbring arc which I skipped everything until Byakuya's fight with Tsukishima

but of course, FMA is where it's at, mobntherfuckers

Edited by Kjelly