Characters you DON'T like?

FrostyFireMage

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry is the only character I wouldn't restart a chapter if he died. His insanity and bubbly personality didn't work for me.

Virion and Inigo for being womanizers.

Olivia is just too shy but her supports with Panne are nice ^w^.

Chrom is boring especially compared to his family members.

Basilio for being a stubborn moron.

Lon'Qu for being sexist and insecure around women.

That one villain controlling Yen'Fay for reminding me of RD's senate.

Not fond of how Vaike refers to himself or talks in general. There's a level of egotistical that I'm okay with, and there's Vaike. Also he peeps on women and that's a big no for me.

Severa for coming off as incredibly judgemental at people who are just going about their business.

Tharja for being a creep.

I don't like Panne much at all. I mean, she's a good character gameplay-wise, but her personality... n a nutshell, she's too racist for my tastes. In fact, she reminds me of Lethe from PoR, which is definitely not a good sign.

I'm starting to feel like I'm the ONLY person who likes Severa.

Actually, 'like' is an understatement. I LOVE Severa. After Lucina, she's my favourite character in the game.

But at this point, I can't really say I dislike anyone. Maybe Miriel, though. She's kind of..... too smart for me. haha!!

Miriel and Laurent's supports are so incredibly dull. It's funny when Miriel is talking to a (comparatively) regular other person, but having two of the exact same personality talk to each other is wtf.

Edited by Constable Reggie

I'm starting to feel like I'm the ONLY person who likes Severa.

Actually, 'like' is an understatement. I LOVE Severa. After Lucina, she's my favourite character in the game.

I like Severa because I find her very sympathetic. Her attitude striked me as a form of inferiority complex because of her mother.

Miriel's someone I'd probably talk to, actually. IDK, maybe it's 'cuz we're both people of science.

She had me when she mentioned calculus. That's like, one of my favourite things ever.

Maybe so, but two robots talking to each other is not interesting.

Miriel and Laurent's supports are so incredibly dull. It's funny when Miriel is talking to a (comparatively) regular other person, but having two of the exact same personality talk to each other is wtf.

I think the difference between Miriel and Laurent is subtle. Laurent wants to be so much like his mother but just... isn't. He comes across as being somewhat insecure that he's just not as much of a genius as his mom is. That said I don't particularly like Laurent that much either, and that his mother generally has more interesting supports just because she's so much more absorbed in her observations than Laurent is.

I just totally posted characters i dont like much in another thread but REPOST!

Characters That Annoy Me Utterly:

(dont worry, there isnt many)

Severa!

I cannot get over how irritating this chick is. I can hardly bring myself to use her because shes so much of a flying snotrocket! She takes steaming dumps all over everyone including her parents. I think this is Tsundere gone horribly wrong. Ive begun to get very irritated at Tsunderes anyway, but this one...holy shit she takes the cake. Her supports are just "bitch bitch bitch." D:<

Anna.

Mostly from a gameplay perspective. Her personality makes me smile, but she didnt end up awesome on my run so she ended up warming the bench.

(Anna may end up being removed from the Stinker list if she ends up awesome for me eventually.)

Yarne.

He isnt a BAD character and some of the things he says are funny. "My foot is good luck!" "BUNNY KICK!" "I got stung by a bee! Its the last moments of my life!"

But his whole timid thing is kinda annoying. Especially since his mum is awesome.

Maribelle.

Shes not HORRIBLE, but her initial attitude can be extremely off putting. I have seen her supports and i know she isnt a total Severa, but her snooty attitude can grate on the nerves at times.

But the number one is definitely Severa. killitwithfire.gif

I like how informative you talk about these characters.

Maribelle is very sweet to her friends unlike Severa. ^^

I'd put Severa on my hate list too. But she's Tiamo's daughter and Tiamo brings lots of male fans unlike Severa. =)

Vaike i HATE Vaike with a PASSION and Sully YES YES SHUT UP I HATE HER I HATE HER so hear me out Sully is just terrible has no personality no story and she is dumb

I know what you think I hate her cause she is a tomboy I will say this now NO I AM A TOMBOY MYSELF and Vaike is just a idiot he is a RETARDED IDIOT WITH NO BRAIN AND HE SHOULD JUST DIE IF IT IS ANYONE I WOULD KILL IN THIS GAME CAUSE I DID NOT CARE IT IS VAIKE

Yeah, his stupidity even drives me off the wall. =P

Tharja scares me, point blank. I liked her before I played the game, and then I started playing it. Sure, she's hot and sexy and I'd totally want to bed her, but then she starts talking and I realize that she is completely insane. Henry at least scored some points becouse he is funny. Tharja wasnt so bad for me either, until I saw her daughter and learned what Tharja did to her daughter. One thing I cant stand (due to personal experiance) is a mother abusing her daughter. I really sympathize with Noire and relate to her becouse of our shared trait of having out mothers comepletely destroy our self-confidences and self-esteems. I can't really forgive Tharja for what she did to Noire. (although I don't bash people who like her. to each their own, and i do understand her charms)

Snarf: [about Tashe]: Who is that?

Lion-O: I don't know. But she's... so... beautiful!

Snarf: Lion-O!

Lion-O: I-In a kind of... evil way, of course!

http://thundercats.wikia.com/wiki/The_Doom-Gaze

That's where she gets all her defenses from. You can't judge a book by it's cover!

Maribelle got better during her supports with Libra.

Maribelle is someone you warm up to unlike Severa. =)

If there was anyone I didn't like it might be Ricken, but that's just because he's such a shitty mage.

His bad speed after class change made me want to drop him right away! He's served his purpose after Maribelle had a baby!

Panne.

Too damn close to those disgusting sub-human trash units that I generally hate from FE9/10. She hit the bench immediately.

Ike would kick you if you said that around him. xP

Gangrel.

I don't care what his motivations were, he was a ****, and he reminded me of that one bastard from FE4 who got Elty killed for whatever reason. I murdered him on his Paralogue and finished the chapter with a smile. And then saved.

You mean Shagall.

Yeah, he was someone I wanted to see at the end of my blade!

Severa: Tsundere? Get out. Now.

Tharja: Yandere? Get out. Now.

Sumia: Shy klutz? Get out. Now.

Good informative! =D

[/size]

How can you hate on the Squidward of Fire Emblem?

He looks like a barnacle like Squidward. =|

Tharja: The Yandere thing I can give a pass on, but how she treated Noire was pretty awful and I could never look at her the same way again.

But she does apologise in their S support. =)

Meh, I guess I don't like Noire that much, either. Don't hate her, but... I was expecting her personality to be more... serious... than it was, and her extreme hamminess makes it seem like parental abuse-induced split personality disorder is being played for comedy, which is... eeehhhhhh...

That would be this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorder

i do not like tharja and i am tsundere at best for severa

You're starting this game too? Nice! =D

Not terribly fond of Tharja or Miriel, I'm afraid.

Miriel has somewhat of a blunt personality.

But her son is even more blunt than her mother. x.x

Nowi also isn't as bad as I thought she would be (I've heard they changed her personality in the English version to make her more mature,) still has the worst outfit for a girl with that body.

Nowi is sort of a crybaby. But that's what makes her cute anyway! =)

Also, I haven't used Cordelia and haven't seen her supports, but if I remember correctly, many of her Japanese supports had to do with her breasts, is it still the same in the English version?

Tiamo means "Bundle of Love". So of course she'd have to talk about sexual matters till she's blue in the face! xD

I really really dislike Olivia. She's so annoying with her shy personality. If she's so shy how can she dance for everyone with see through clothing? And I wished they gave us a better reason to take a freaking dancer to the battlefield.

Makes me want to kill her.

My least favourite playable character is Henry. I didn't mind the puns, but the whole "I laugh when I kill stuff" thing is not appealing to me at all. Then people started obsessing over how much they loved him and I think I just started resenting him a lot more than I would have otherwise.

He sucks.

Plain and simple.

Sumia is cool too; I'm a bit surprised at how many people dislike her.

Sumia will always have a place on my soul. =P

She's comical for little children to laugh at!

Cordelia...just bugs me for some reason.

Me too.

I didn't like Nintendo's name change of her. She should have stayed Tiamo. Because it matches perfectly with her ancestor Tiamat/Titania of both her Japanese and English/European names and that it means "Bundle of love". =)

Nintendo should have left it alone. Oh, well.

[/size]

Tharja, a creepy, completely selfish character. Cursing people out of spite, fun or experimentation and totally destroying Noire's personality. At least she finally did something good to Noire...

Tharja is the female Gharnef. xD

She could be his daughter. xP

Maribelle, at times. She barely made this list. Snooty attitude, but she is very kind once she knows people.

^^

Henry is the only character I wouldn't restart a chapter if he died. His insanity and bubbly personality didn't work for me.

Seconded.

Basilio for being a stubborn moron.

It's no wonder that I've seen him fight Walhart by himself and got his butt kicked. (Japanese version) I was playing the Japanese version and I had no idea what they've talked about in that part of the game! Still some Kanji that I don't know yet.

Lon'Qu for being sexist and insecure around women.

An interesting fellow. Mhm.

Henry. Disliked him almost immediately. I tried to give him a chance, but I couldn't bring myself to like him even slightly.

Makes me want to kill him.

-----

I'd say Henry. He's a creep. Makes me want to kill him so many ways over (you'll want to strangle him). I've gutted him in both my runs having no regrets or tension. (Japanese version. Don't have the US version yet.)

And Olivia, because her shyness makes me want to gag and that she dies too much. She will get gutted in all of my runs and I will laugh maniacally like Noire, or like Luther (Star Ocean 3) when she's dead. Don't shoot me, Rey. Dx That is what I really think of her.

Edited by Katarina

The characters I don't like?...

... definitely Maribelle, character-wise AND stats-wise. I can tolerate Severa because of her wonderful stats.

I like Brady's character but he just pisses me off with his stats.

I wish Cordelia wouldn't constantly obsess over Chrom EVEN WHEN YOU MARRY HER TO SOMEONE. I regret marrying her.

I don't like Frederick early-game, since he hogs experience obviously. But even when you reclass him and try to train him up, he takes absolutely forever to level no matter what. I felt like I was only training him was because I neglected to use Stahl and he was the only character strong enough to support with Olivia.

I like Brady's character but he just pisses me off with his stats.

He makes a great healbot at least. =)

Him being Maribelle's son is why I respect him.

I wish Cordelia wouldn't constantly obsess over Chrom EVEN WHEN YOU MARRY HER TO SOMEONE. I regret marrying her.

She's designed to be a cock tease. So it's not peculiar that she behaves like this.

I don't like Frederick early-game, since he hogs experience obviously. But even when you reclass him and try to train him up, he takes absolutely forever to level no matter what.

That's why I'm dying to get the Paragon Scroll in at least one of my runs. Since it's only obtainable in DLC events.

-----

Shagall gets three astriks on mah hate list.

Edited by Katarina

Aw, some people dislike Ricken, he's my best mage :(

Gerome and Severa are reakly the only characters I dislike. Both are complete jerks dude.

(Edit: whoa typos, my phone is so dumb)

Edited by Faye

Also wrt Lon'qu "sexist", from what I've read from his various supports that go in depth into his past, I feel that it isn't so much sexism as a phobia developed by a traumatic event in his past. Lon'qu did not have gynophobia all his life, and phobias are not rational. So I feel it's unfair to call him sexist especially if you've read his support with (iirc) Cherche.

Stuff peppered with Henry hate.

|:[

Henry is awesomer than awesome.

Sully because she's an insecure butch who thinks feminine qualities are undesirable for some reason.

:dry: Sully thinks feminine qualities are undesirable for herself. The only time i saw her give a side-eye to other girls in a Chrom support where she says "well they all decided to be a bunch of damn LADIES." but she goes on about how that kind of thing isnt her bag. I dont recall ever seeing Sully outright get on the case of another female character for that reason. I, for one, enjoy Sully for not wanting to conform to her gender role.

Also wrt Lon'qu "sexist", from what I've read from his various supports that go in depth into his past, I feel that it isn't so much sexism as a phobia developed by a traumatic event in his past. Lon'qu did not have gynophobia all his life, and phobias are not rational. So I feel it's unfair to call him sexist especially if you've read his support with (iirc) Cherche.

Arr. He also goes into this in his supports with Tharja. Granted, Tharja's "solution" was hella radical but she never goes through with it.

Lon'qu apparently had a female friend as a youngun and was falling for her. And then she died and he hated himself for not protecting her. He's also afraid of women because that incident hurt him so bad that he couldnt stand to see it happen again with another girl.

Yeah not sexist.

After finishing the game I am surprised that I don't really dislike many of the characters besides Sumia. And I only dislike sumia because she is ditzy and not really useful. Donnel is stretching it a bit maybe, I don't really hate him I just don't like the way they translated his lines.

Great game with bunches of chars I can't help but like.