Characters you DON'T like?

FrostyFireMage

I guess no one in this forum will ever share my taste. My least favourite character is Laurent the aloof stalker. Him hating any form of fun and using health check as an excuse to stalk on people really irk me. He's like Frederick, but without any of his less serious sides.

I guess I really do have to try hard to remember there's a Kellam in my party, though.

Same for me.

Avatar, Chrom, Lucina, Cordelia, Cherche, Severa, Donnel, Anna, Tiki, Say'ri.

I just find them kind of meh or boring.

Well, this is Fire Emblem. You kind of have to expect lords, trainee characters or eastern swordmasters (except this time they're from the west) to show up...

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My least favourite character is Laurent the aloof stalker. Him hating any form of fun and using health check as an excuse to stalk on people really irk me.

Have you seen the supports between him and the Male Avatar (not sure if it's different for the female one)? He's not COMPLETELY fun-hating.

By far and away, Severa. Bitchy and manipulative are two character traits I don't like, and the fact that she's both means that I'm not fond of her. Sumia was somewhat silly; Cynthia overdid it.

Didn't like Vaike until I saw his support with Lissa. Tharja has exactly one redeeming moment when she talks to her daughter, and that's why she's not on my dislike list.

I guess no one in this forum will ever share my taste. My least favourite character is Laurent the aloof stalker. Him hating any form of fun and using health check as an excuse to stalk on people really irk me. He's like Frederick, but without any of his less serious sides.

How can you hate on the Squidward of Fire Emblem?

Nobody better say Henry, or I will have to choke a bitch...

Anyway:

Sumia: I give the localization credit, I thought she was completely insufferable in the Japanese version, but she was...okay in English. Still, she has kind of boring supports and her entire archetype rubs me the wrong way.

Tharja: The Yandere thing I can give a pass on, but how she treated Noire was pretty awful and I could never look at her the same way again.

Nowi: She is pedobait. Plain and simple.

Severa: Other people have already mentioned why I hate her.

Characters I don't like?

Hmm... I don't really hate anyone. There are characters like Gangrel and Tharja who are awful people, but that's not the same as being a bad character.

I guess I could say Walhart for his effect on the plot basically being "and now for every Fire Emblem game ever" after a story that was actually pretty interesting and different for a bit.

But, even then, my problem is more with the writing decision than anything else.

Meh, I guess I don't like Noire that much, either. Don't hate her, but... I was expecting her personality to be more... serious... than it was, and her extreme hamminess makes it seem like parental abuse-induced split personality disorder is being played for comedy, which is... eeehhhhhh...

Edited by Starlight36

Have you seen the supports between him and the Male Avatar (not sure if it's different for the female one)? He's not COMPLETELY fun-hating.

I collected the male avatar conversations without reading most of them. That particular conversation was quite a surprise.

I reviewed his other conversations to see if I really shouldn't dislike him. And sorry to say, I still don't like him. He still looks more like a stalker than anything, even though he doesn't realize he's causing inconvenience.

Florina because she's occupying a spot that rightfully belongs to Ninian. (Her personality in FE7 doesn't help with this.)

And I guess Donnel as far as gameplay is concerned. As far as any dislike towards anyone for their personality. Heh heh heh... I'm having a very hard time doing that.

Edited by Little Al

Severa because she's a stuck-up bitch who will most likely be a gold-digger when she grows up.

Cordelia for giving birth to said stuck-up bitch and being all too perfect and bland for my tastes.

Miriel and Laurent for being the generic megane archetype. Well, Miriel is a little better than her son.

Sully because she's an insecure butch who thinks feminine qualities are undesirable for some reason.

I thought I wouldn't mind Sully, but she completely ticked me off, especially in her support with Chrom.

People not liking Sully sad.gif

I personally don't hate anyone in particular, but I haven't gotten all characters. So yeah, I haven't seen Severa yet, but I get the feeling I will need to restrain myself from slapping my 3DS.

I didn't hate Sumia like I thought I would. Sure, the tripping is more annoying than cute, but I didn't mind it that much. Cynthia seems to be overdoing it, though. Nowi also isn't as bad as I thought she would be (I've heard they changed her personality in the English version to make her more mature,) still has the worst outfit for a girl with that body.

I'm disappointed in Tharja, I thought she would be hilarious in a dark sort of way, but she came off more as boring. Though, I did get my share of quality dark humour from Henry, so everything is fine!

Also, I haven't used Cordelia and haven't seen her supports, but if I remember correctly, many of her Japanese supports had to do with her breasts, is it still the same in the English version?

Also, I haven't used Cordelia and haven't seen her supports, but if I remember correctly, many of her Japanese supports had to do with her breasts, is it still the same in the English version?

I have to say it's different. So far from the convos I've read there's no such thing of her mentioning those.

And she's pretty great in my opinion.

EDIT: Hmm, kinda disappointed with her hate. Maaaybe because she didn't stood up like others...

Edited by Pega-Pony Princess

I also dont care much for Nowi. She is cute and adorable and I think she is a good character (that will only be decent in combat if doubled becouse she tends to have crap stats with me) but not as a love interest. I would have been much happier if she had a much SMALLER support pool that had only the youngest characters to support with her (like making it so only a 'shota' Avatar could support with her)

The lolicon and shotacon implications with her scare the crap out of me.

They do with Ricken to but he is easy enough to NOT pair off since he wont give you a child if you do pair him off (his wife will, who can easily be paired with someone else).

Donnel doesnt scare me becouse he's older than he looks.

You do know that Nowi is WAY older than she looks, right?

I really really dislike Olivia. She's so annoying with her shy personality. If she's so shy how can she dance for everyone with see through clothing? And I wished they gave us a better reason to take a freaking dancer to the battlefield.

I wish I liked Gaius better because I love his voice actor, but I found him pretty meh.

I either like or don't care about everyone else. :3

My least favourite playable character is Henry. I didn't mind the puns, but the whole "I laugh when I kill stuff" thing is not appealing to me at all. Then people started obsessing over how much they loved him and I think I just started resenting him a lot more than I would have otherwise.

Ricken loses major points for being Yuri Lowanthal.

Sumia is just too boring to like.

(Also, I tried really hard to dislike Severa but then "Gag me with a spade" happened and I had to give up. She's just too much.)

I haven't met any of the children yet, unfortunately, but I've recruited everyone else.

Sully is the only character I don't like at all. I really don't like the insecure "macho-lady" personalities.

Miriel is annoying. Tharja is boring. I don't have a problem with Ricken and Panne, but I paired them together and didn't enjoy their supports too much.

Vaike and Virion are probably my favorite characters with respect to personalities. Gregor is also awesome. Sumia is cool too; I'm a bit surprised at how many people dislike her. Henry is cool too.

I don't think I like a single one of the base Pegs.

Sumia's Chrom obsession irks me to no end,

Cynthia's hyperactiveness coupled with an irritating voice bothers me

Cordelia...just bugs me for some reason.

Others...

Yarne. He's funny, but it bugs me that they used a really cool design for a total wimp character. If you showed me his portrait without telling me anything about him I would never have figured.

Severa. As many others have said, manipulative bitch doesn't do it for me.

Other than that, I'm okay with all the others...that I've used anyway. Sully, Nowi, Vaike, Fred, Greg, and Tharja hit the bench early on, so we'll see if I like them or not.

Characters I don't like?

Hmm... I don't really hate anyone. There are characters like Gangrel and Tharja who are awful people, but that's not the same as being a bad character.

Same here, I like all characters, and there are some well-made characters that I love to hate.

I thought I wouldn't mind Sully, but she completely ticked me off, especially in her support with Chrom.

I like Sully a lot actually, but her supports with Chrom are the worst I've ever seen so far.

Anyway, here are some characters I hate (but actually don't, if you understand what I mean).

Tharja, a creepy, completely selfish character. Cursing people out of spite, fun or experimentation and totally destroying Noire's personality. At least she finally did something good to Noire...

Vaike. Huge ego, barely even used the character.

Virion. Big ego (Vaike is worse), and a womanizer. At least he is smart.

Inigo. As if Virion wasn't enough already. Though he does have a better side to him.

Tiki. She annoys me a lot, I can't really say why. Always talking about Marth maybe?

Miriel (although strangely enough, not Laurent). Typical mage personality, she seems completely devoid of emotion, even when she does show it.

Maribelle, at times. She barely made this list. Snooty attitude, but she is very kind once she knows people.

Anna. I feel like puking.

Cynthia, cute, but hyperactive/annoying.

Yarne, also cute, but he never gets over his cowardice, and quite frankly talks about it way too often.

Edit: Gerome. I find him boring, and quite the jerk.

Edited by Slyfox