Paralogue 18 (spoilers)

The Pope

Idk if anyone else has noticed this, but the map reminds me a lot of FE12's Chapter 1...the structure and everything (the fort in the middle, the mountains, the forests, the village on the right side of the map and the castle in the left) it's just a lot bigger than in FE12.

Well, judging from it's location on the World Map, it is the same place.

Sometimes, I wonder if the belief that the boss always dies just because his/her HP reached 0 should stop...

FE has done it before (heck, this game's Chapter 3 boss also lives after defeat), but I suppose it's more clear when they're shown alive way sooner than in the case of most the Paralogue characters.

He makes a good point. Remember Muriam from FE9? In the case of [spoilerS] Yen'fey it could be that Say'ri protected him and kept him alive.

He makes a good point. Remember Muriam from FE9? In the case of [spoilerS] Yen'fey it could be that Say'ri protected him and kept him alive.

No, in Yen'fey's case it's explained that...

he comes from the bad future like the children (but I'm not sure if it's from the very same one or yet another alternate future), where it was Say'ri who died due to the different circumstances of both time lines.

...What happens when I pull out the SD card and play the game with a suspend on that map? (Applies to any DLed map, I guess?)

Those seem to be written to the game itself, not the SD card.

For DLC maps, I'm pretty sure you'd get kicked out and sent to the Outrealm Gate.

He makes a good point. Remember Muriam from FE9?

I'm not sure if it's happened to a major villain before, though, even if it's technically bonus content.

I just assumed he was left for dead on the battlefield and found/captured by those bandits, personally.

Villains surviving at 0 HP? Let's see. The Black Knight in FE9, and then later in 3-7 if you can take him down there. Sephiran later in FE10. In FE8, there's Lyon and Riev. FE4 has Ishtar, Blume, Hilda, Areone, and potentially even Trabant and Julius. In FE13, there's Validar twice, and Walhart and Aversa once each even ignoring the sidequests.

Edited by Othin

Villains surviving at 0 HP? Let's see. The Black Knight in FE9, and then later in 3-7 if you can take him down there. Sephiran later in FE10. In FE8, there's Lyon and Riev. FE4 has Ishtar, Blume, Hilda, Areone, and potentially even Trabant and Julius. In FE13, there's Validar twice, and Walhart and Aversa once each even ignoring the sidequests.

And, my favorite, Cervantes.

Well, for most of them, the party doesn't think they're dead. Like, we know Walhart escapes. You never think he's dead after the first time. You pretty much know they're alive.

Or, it's a twist revealed earlier. Like in the Black Knight's case.

Chrom asks once basically, "How are you alive?" and we get no answer. I just don't think "No one noticed I was alive for two years until now" can work for two of them. Especially Emmeryn, who would have no reason to avoid people.

Walhart, too. You think someone would recognize a giant like him. Even if it was only for a few weeks or however long that break is. How can you miss that guy?

But I don't really care how they came back. I'm just happy with them.

I only have plans to marry Walhart and Emmeryn, after all (okay, and maybe Owain at some point), and I'm already married to Gangrel.

So I like having them. I'd take just about any excuse.

You think someone would recognize a giant like him.

idk man, Kellam seems pretty unnoticeable to me

also on the multiple boss appearances front, Ishtar returns twice, and Kleine/Roro from FE12 return once apiece (to add to Othin's list)

blargh w/e, Kleine definitely does appear twice even if Roro clones screw up the other stuff (oh and Katarina in the last prologue chapter)

Edited by shadykid

idk man, Kellam seems pretty unnoticeable to me

also on the multiple boss appearances front, Ishtar returns twice, and Kleine/Roro from FE12 return once apiece (to add to Othin's list)

The 6x Roro wasnt real though. After you beat him in 10x, you can notice that all the rest of the roros never talk.

Three times if you count both versions of him in his chapter.

That's what I'm saying. Within the successful timeline, you defeat him three times, so he survives defeat twice. I'm just ignoring the Intermission since it's a duplicate.