Any Monster Hunter Players

Xeroix

Ceadeus isn't really that difficult, in all honesty. I went in it with Rarity 5 Rathian armor, and I got through it without too much trouble. You really just need a weapon with good a Thunder or Dragon score, and possibly armor with a high water resistance, and you're more or less set. You'd just have to guard and dodge correctly.

Ya...the reason why I'm holding off on Ceadeus is quite simply that it seems like any time I'm actually spending hunting, I may as well get some HR points for it. If I don't make 50, that's alright!

If you don't mind me asking, what's rarity 5 rathian armor? I have made some of the rathian armor (for blade, not gunner), I'm thinking it's not from High Rank Rathian gear, that is, the weakest rathian gear that can be made.

If you want, I could possibly help you. I'm pretty much free for the rest of the day, and I'm a rank 52 hunter. Sure, I'm not great, but I'll help get the job done.

If you're on today, let me know. I probably will be on later. Username Bucket.

Edited by Mouse

Ya...the reason why I'm holding off on Ceadeus is quite simply that it seems like any time I'm actually spending hunting, I may as well get some HR points for it. If I don't make 50, that's alright!

If you don't mind me asking, what's rarity 5 rathian armor? I have made some of the rathian armor (for blade, not gunner), I'm thinking it's not from High Rank Rathian gear, that is, the weakest rathian gear that can be made.

If you're on today, let me know. I probably will be on later. Username Bucket.

Alright, but if you beat the Ceadeus, you can make some pretty good armor, and you get a Longsword from the Argosy captain.

When you become an Elite Hunter (at rank 31), you can upgrade your rank 1, 2, and 3 armor into rank 4, 5, and 6 armor, and weapons into better weapons. There is also an + armor set, which has different skills from rank 5 armor (example, rank 5 Rathian armor has Earplugs and Fire Res, rank 5 Rathian+ armor has, iirc, Fire Res and some other skill). To upgrade your equipment from regular to higher grade, you'd need several items depending on the armor. It's more or less neccessary to upgrade your armor if you don't want to spend alot of money or materials on the + armor.

I'll be on later, I'll send you my info in a pm later.

I played with my friends on one of the PSP versions, and my guy was decked out in a full Ioraptor luck suit and a hunting horn that focused on healing.

For solo play, I had a considerably more defensive suit of armor (forget what it was) and a sick hammer.

Unfortunately, I don't really want to or have the time to take some hours to learn a game if I"m not having some sort of fun while doing it even if it does pay off immensely (damn you Steam backlog). Maybe it was because it was the psp version.

It really just depends on the player/how satisfied you become after creating a new piece of armour that looks really cool/performs really well.

PSP version does have slightly awkward controls, mostly because of the camera control being stuck to the D-Pad, which forces you to use the "claw" grip on the psp. If you don't want to invest a lot of time into a MH game, then it's definitely not the game for you.

I love Monster Hunters. Tri was my first one and i absolutely loved it. The hunts are just so fucking great... My favorite by far was the Jhen Mohran Hunt. LOAD THE CANNONS MEN! ATTACK! One of the most exciting things ever.

Jhen is a cool fight yes. until you get to a fight with him that limits you at 25 minutes, dammit p3rd

I've been playing p3rd lately, shit is way too easy. They dumbed it down too hard. I really liked Tri, though. It was easier that FU but not that dumb, mostly it was just easier to get into, and I think that's great. I hope they fix the problem in mh3u, at least from what i've heard they have definitely acknowledged the complaints about difficulty and will work on it. I'm not entirely sure I will be even getting mh3u at all though, considering they made online mode exclusive to wii u for no apparent reason, and I won't be getting a wii u in the near future.

When you become an Elite Hunter (at rank 31), you can upgrade your rank 1, 2, and 3 armor into rank 4, 5, and 6 armor, and weapons into better weapons. There is also an + armor set, which has different skills from rank 5 armor (example, rank 5 Rathian armor has Earplugs and Fire Res, rank 5 Rathian+ armor has, iirc, Fire Res and some other skill). To upgrade your equipment from regular to higher grade, you'd need several items depending on the armor. It's more or less neccessary to upgrade your armor if you don't want to spend alot of money or materials on the + armor.

Hmm. Is the rank up to 4, 5 and 6 separate from the upgrading armor level through armor spheres? Anyway, thanks. Maybe I will go offline to take on that stuff at some point soon.

Hmm. Is the rank up to 4, 5 and 6 separate from the upgrading armor level through armor spheres? Anyway, thanks. Maybe I will go offline to take on that stuff at some point soon.

Yes, it is seperate. You need several different material to upgrade rank 1, 2, and 3 armor to 4, 5, and 6. Some armors (like Baroth, Lagiacrus, and Jhen Morhan) will require materials from the elite quests, while others use materials you can get from regular quests. The reason why I upgraded my Rathian armor instead of getting Rathian+ was because the materials for upgrading were standard quality stuff you can get from regular ranked Rathian quests. Once you Rank up your armor, you can use higher quality armor spheres to increase their defense.

The wii-u is too pricey for me at the moment.. ;-; I'll definitely pick up the 3DS one though, even if its local only...

I've been playing alot of Tri recently, I nearly forgot how fun it was!

Edited by Alycian

I checked Eb games site and apparently if you pre order the game for 3ds or wii u it comes with a free Stratagy guide or those walk through books

I started with Tri and got hooked

will definitely be getting the HD enhancement for my covered-in-dust WiiU

get the demo to dust off that wiiu

I'm getting the 3DS version because online servers are region-locked again.

That argument is invalid unless you want to play on the JP Server... Cause the NA and EU Servers are being merged in April, They are also adding Off-TV play at probably the same time.

Edited by ZellBeast