Custom Battle Models Thread

darkkfan

Panne has custom victory pose as thief/assassin. Not sure about trickster.

(Just discovered it.)

Wait what? That would be so out-of-the-blue. Can someone confirm or elaborate on this?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm she does

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nBZkw6TDyl

Panne's animation

Say'ri's animation

IIRC, Henry, Nah and Tharja have unique animations in infantry classes, Yarne has one like Panne's in the thief line (Panne's animation is for Thief/Trickster/Assassin) and there were a few others. It was ina topic a month or so back after I pointed it out.

EDIT:

Here we are! http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=38060&view=findpost&p=2294937

Edited by Wheels

I don't see why they couldn't at least implement color for every character. Just give each character a main color and then change the "hue" of the textures to match that color. The texture side itself could be done in minutes. That would make every character keep a recognizable color in any class, and would also easily allow them to add an extra option in the avatar customization to allow the player to choose the main color of the avatar's outfit (and would also easily help the legacy characters). Now, of course, in addition to that they could work in some actual custom textures and models for some of the next game's new characters, but getting a personal color system in the game would easily be a big help to several different aspects, and it shouldn't be hard to do.

Perhaps size issues are the culprit as well as trying to make it easier to identify which units are on the players side in battle? I'd imagine that the 3D models take up a smidge more space than sprites do. The way they have it setup allowed for the maximum usage of space and simple head-swapping to cut down on the work load. Cheap, perhaps, but it's certainly effective and allowed them more time to work on other things at least.

It seems bizarre that some people like Owain get two custom model promotions and he gets a custom map sprite while people like Lon'Qu get no custom promotions and barely a custom model in the default class. Children characters seem to get more customs but still, consider Inigo who doesn't get a custom anything upon promotion.

I could argue that Lon'Qu was the first Mrymidon conceived for the game, thus everyone else is ripping him off, but that would be a huge conclusion to jump to. I think the biggest culprit for all these things is space though. If each character needed a custom model for each possible class, the number of combinations would sky-rocket and it'd effect the size of the game dramatically (especially in regards to the children characters)

Anyway, nice job with this thread. I can also mention that Laurent has the "push glasses up" Mage sprite, but Miriel does not.

I can confirm she does

Panne's animation

Say'ri's animation

IIRC, Henry, Nah and Tharja have unique animations in infantry classes, Yarne has one like Panne's in the thief line (Panne's animation is for Thief/Trickster/Assassin) and there were a few others. It was ina topic a month or so back after I pointed it out.

EDIT:

Here we are! http://serenesforest...dpost&p=2294937

Thanks! I updated with this info. Good to know because I had no idea that there would be custom animations for weird combinations like this, but it's kind of cool that they would put in victory poses for random combinations such as Assassin/Trickster Panne.

Perhaps size issues are the culprit as well as trying to make it easier to identify which units are on the players side in battle? I'd imagine that the 3D models take up a smidge more space than sprites do. The way they have it setup allowed for the maximum usage of space and simple head-swapping to cut down on the work load. Cheap, perhaps, but it's certainly effective and allowed them more time to work on other things at least.

I could argue that Lon'Qu was the first Mrymidon conceived for the game, thus everyone else is ripping him off, but that would be a huge conclusion to jump to. I think the biggest culprit for all these things is space though. If each character needed a custom model for each possible class, the number of combinations would sky-rocket and it'd effect the size of the game dramatically (especially in regards to the children characters)

You may be right, but I think that if they implemented it like in the GBA games (FE7 at least, I don't know as much about how fe8 does palletes) they could just have one value assigned to each character for primary color and that could be applied to certain parts of an outfit i.e. a swordmaster's robes. If they did it that way, at least, it wouldn't take up much space but I may be overlooking something.

Anyway, nice job with this thread. I can also mention that Laurent has the "push glasses up" Mage sprite, but Miriel does not.

Fixed that. I'm glad people think this thread was a good idea! I'm thinking of requesting a sticky.

Just found out that Assassin!Lon'qu is custom

Are you sure? Because I checked in my game and I swear it is the same as the generic one. AFAIK the only custom Assassin model is Owain.

Are you sure? Because I checked in my game and I swear it is the same as the generic one. AFAIK the only custom Assassin model is Owain.

Yes, red sleeves and a black stripe on his robe. It's minor but it's a difference.

Yes, red sleeves and a black stripe on his robe. It's minor but it's a difference.

Wow, you're right. Nice catch, you are very observant. It took me a while to find it even after you mentioned it, so I am seriously impressed. You must be a pro at those "find the difference" games. Do you think you could use your talents to help us spot some more custom models?

Edited by Walhart

Wow, you're right. Nice catch, you are very observant. It took me a while to find it even after you mentioned it, so I am seriously impressed. You must be a pro at those "find the difference" games. Do you think you could use your talents to help us spot some more custom models?

Sure I'd be happy to laugh.gif

btw if no one has picked up on this: Lon'qu's myrmidon model is also slightly different. Same colors as a generic, but a closer examination shows that he's wearing a small white robe underneath his blue robe.

Sure I'd be happy to laugh.gif

Haha, great!

btw if no one has picked up on this: Lon'qu's myrmidon model is also slightly different. Same colors as a generic, but a closer examination shows that he's wearing a small white robe underneath his blue robe.

Yep, I got that one. I think it's in there but I'll doublecheck.

EDIT: I didn't include it because I'm not including the base classes for unpromoted units because IIRC everyone except maybe Morgan has a custom model in their unpromoted base class.

Edited by Walhart

Severa as an infantry unit has a unique head flick as a victory pose, like she's tossing her hair back. Or she at least does it as a hero, but it's a unique animation nonetheless.

Edited by Samias

Nah however does has special animation at the end as merc/hero I believes... (I think)

I'm not sure.

I'm too lazy to go make baby with Nowi with someone else and get screwed with lengthy supports attempts.

Yeah my bad it is generic female hero.

Ok that's fine. Thanks for contributing anyway! Thanks to everyone who helped confirm that this was generic too. There doesn't seem to be any pattern for the custom victory poses aside from certain people as infantry units but maybe one will become apparent later.

Nah however does has special animation at the end as merc/hero I believes... (I think)

I'm not sure.

I'm too lazy to go make baby with Nowi with someone else and get screwed with lengthy supports attempts.

Haha you don't sound very confident. Forgive me for not taking your word on this one without confirming it. Hopefully someone who can reclass Nah to merc can confirm, because I had Nowi paired with Virion so I can't.

Btw does anyone know how to request for a thread to be pinned?

Edited by Walhart

Nah in every infantry class curtseys after battle (So Merc/Hero Nah will curtsey, I've seen this one to confirm)

Lots of glare, but, a video showing Nah, Lissa (Who has a custom Sage animation I found out), Noire and Brady

And, Yarne keeps his Thief line exclusive animation as a Warrior too

Sage comparison

Yarne comparison

(Vids are still uploading XD)

Oh yeah, and for Henry and Tharja, their unique animation is their basic animations in their base classes (Henry laughing, Tharja's 'I'm gonna throw my book away" flourish) which carries over to their infantry classes (Tharja's may be just for magic classes, I didn't check when I have her as a Knight/General, and she's level 1 so can't reclass her atm)

Edited by Wheels

• 2 weeks later...