New laptop or Awakening-3DS XL bundle?

Raven

34 members have voted

1. 1. ??????????

• Buy the Awakening 3DS XL bundle once it's released, wait longer for a new laptop.
    • Buy a new laptop before Awakening's released then buy a standalone copy of Awakening once it's released.

Read before voting.

I'm not one for wasting my cash so I'm just curious, what would you do in my situation?

Here are some facts along with my own thoughts:

3DS: I already own a 3DS, I bought it second-hand for about £100 six or so months ago. Nothing wrong with it. Awakening will be released in Europe in April, where it will also be available as part of a 3DS XL bundle. I could just buy a standalone copy of Awakening and not bother with an XL, because there's nothing wrong with my 3DS. Why waste money, after all? Or I could buy the XL Awakening bundle and pass on my current 3DS to the girlfriend, so she can play games on other platforms other than her laptop and phone.

Laptop: I am in need of a new laptop. The up arrow key on the d-pad is broken and it struggles to play most games like League of Legends without the settings turned all the way down. And even then it struggles to cope when there's a lot happening on-screen. Not good in messy teamfights and the like. It's now three years old, so I think it's about time for it to retire. The sooner, the better.

I could get a new laptop soon and wait a bit longer for the Awakening XL bundle while I save up more money, but I do not want to wait any longer than I have to for Awakening, so that option's out the window.

I could also get a new laptop soon and buy Awakening as soon as it comes out, however no Awakening 3DS XL for me. Not that I need one. Fuck, the bundle is £219.99 on Amazon.co.uk. A standalone copy of the game is £32.99, and a standalone 3DS XL is £159.99. Doing the math, an extra £27 is dumped onto the bundle price just for the FE decal theme on the front of the XL. Worth it? Hmm.

I could also wait and save my money and get the Awakening XL bundle first, then buy a new laptop later. I suppose my current laptop can hold out until then.

While the bundle sounds tempting, I would buy a laptop... It's more useful for, like, everything. Except playing 3DS games, of course.

And given the fact that you have a fully-functional normal 3DS and a limited budget (right?), the laptop would seem like the more sensible choice.

(Acuuuallllyyy, I'd probably give in and buy the bundle, but from a person who's not standing in your shoes, I'd say the laptop. I didn't buy the US bundle... mostly because my parents didn't let me... not because I wasn't willing to spit up 200 USD.)

EDIT: I, too, am contemplating on buying an XL... Maybe, maybe not... $200 is a lot to me... so I'll have to see. Everything is so expensive these days... *sigh*

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

I would say, that a laptop that doesn't do it's job has priority over any game console at any day of the week, including Sundays and holidays. Unless you get only really, really, really limited use out of it.

And considering you already own one, I would like to put additional emphasis on my attempt to discourage you from further considering the purchase of an XL. Besides, the XL is less handy anyway.

Edited by BrightBow

Yeah, the laptop would be the better choice; I mean you already have a 3DS right? Anyway, the poll kind of speaks for itself.

Why does nobody seem to care about his poor 3DS-less girlfriend?

Just last night I suggested buying her a 3DS for her birthday but she refused, saying she wouldn't play it. She is too much of a casual gamer to fully appreciate a 3DS and what it offers.

Edit: But I appreciate your concern.

Edited by Raven

Just last night I suggested buying her a 3DS for her birthday but she refused, saying she wouldn't play it. She is too much of a casual gamer to fully appreciate a 3DS and what it offers.

Edit: But I appreciate your concern.

But that's what the 3DS is for.

Laptop definitely.

More benefits for your future than 3DS would be.

Plus XL isn't really great.

But IMO, think about what you want the most.

To play LoL or other PC games such as TERA, Raiderz, Dota 2, Starcraft 2 or be able to have bigger screen for 3DS games?

Lots of shit that was preinstalled got uninstalled. If I want a program, I will download it myself.

Played some LoL the other night with it (one of the first things I installed), all settings maxed etc., and it flowed perfectly. Nice big 17 inch 1600x900 screen to boot. Yummy.

And can you believe the cheek of it: I ordered it on Friday the 22nd February from Amazon UK. Payed for it and all that. I had an email Monday 25th saying it was dispatched and that I'd have it by Wednesday. I clicked on the product link and found it was now selling for £70 less than I payed for it, in the space of less than three days! But luckily I managed to get £70 refunded after entering some sort of Amazon chat client with someone called Rasheed from customer service. Nice guy. It also arrived a day earlier than expected, so that's a nice bonus.

The only thing I have to do now is somehow transfer my shit (music, emulators, ROMs and saves, some documents, etc.) from my old laptop to my new one. Anyone got a quick and easy method on how I could do this? I don't have an external HDD.

Edited by Raven