[NOC] Volcanic Anonymafia - Game Over

Prims

:facepalm:Enigma, our lynch for today was decided for us by the Senbon modkill. His alignment will be flipped at the end of the phase, but we can't lynch anyone else today. Glad you've finally decided to throw down a vote, but it's unfortunately come at a time when a vote won't accomplish much.

Fixed, I should really stop thinking about other things while typing...

Bored, you were voting SM for nearly half of D1. You said that you found him better later on with his Flaming Hot case, but seeing you call him obvtown feels kind of weird to me. Nothing else I can see though.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, if Failbaddon's sub, Flaming Hot, and Paperclip haven't all made substantial posts 48 hours into tomorrow, I'm ending the game in a universal loss.

Just a heads up.

Edited by Priam

Day 3

Prims was too busy watching manly anime to write flavor for Night 2 (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure owns for real), not that town really deserved it. Speaking of anime, get that pussy-ass Bleach shit out of here.

TpRP8Z0.png

Senbonzakura - Vanilla Townie - Modkilled Day 2

As the townies began to head back to their houses for the night, Brian Kibler shrugged, disappointed by the results but nonetheless prepared for the long day of

tomorrow would bring. His trek home was soon stopped, however, as a shady figure approached him to ask an important question:

"Hey, when is MtG Mafia 2 finally going to be hosted? I want to murder everyo- I mean, play in a multifaction game."

"Don't ask me, I have much more important matters to attend to than Mafia, such as WINNING PRO TOURS and BEING A PROFESSIONAL GAME DESIGNER."

"Yeah, right. You play Magic, so you should know this. You're just withholding the information from me because you're terrible."

Frustrated with how poorly the interaction was going, the mysterious figure drew a knife, prepared to out the information she desired the hard way. Though Kibler tried to protest, his assailant gave zero fucks, and with a "* Kay stabs Brian Kibler", the professional card game player was dead as a Venetian doornail and shit. His body would be found by a grieving villager the following morning, whose only respite from the tragedy was the powerful stream of vocals emitted by the town minstrel, Brad "TomatoBisque" Paperblade.

TAKE ME TO THE ROOM WHERE THE BLACK'S ALL WHITE

AND THE WHITE'S ALL BLACK TAKE ME BACK TO THE SHACK

SHE DON'T TAKE NO PRISONERS

SHE GONNA GIVE ME THE BUSINESS

GOT A DRAGON ON MY BACK

IT'S A DRAGON ATTACK

psUeqcS.png

Brian Kibler - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 2

The town was heartbroken by the loss of The Dragonmaster, whose sharp mind and dazzlingly handsome smile were truly 2GD for this gay earth. Even worse, after two subsequent mislynches, the volcano gods were more furious than ever, and only the death of a scum could appease their rage...!

It is now D3. You have until 6:30 PM on Monday, March 11th (Pacific Standard Time) to decide on a lynch. With 10 alive, it takes 6 to hammer. Should a town-aligned player be lynched today, they must ##Kill another player after hammer, taking that player down with them.

Okay, first things first: I am rather behind on the "current events" and unfortunately I'm not likely to be caught up anytime soon.

Things that are currently on my mind: the way Flaming Hot ducked out of conversation after saying "I'll catch up" makes me think that he's scum who's trying to avoid conversation. Same logic applies to Paperclip, because he has not done anything at all. I'll read up on Mormegil's content and anything else I may have missed when I can.

There haven't really been any "current events" since your last post, Pasadena. You're like only around 20 posts behind, mainly because activity in the thread has mainly died out, which is pretty irritating. I'm sure you could get caught up in around 20 minutes or so.

I think Flaming Hot and Paperclip are just both genuinely inactive. They may or may not be scum in addition to that, but I don't think that intentionally inactive scum would have let it get as far as a universal loss threat if they didn't post in <48 hours. That being said, I've never actually participated in a game where scum would purposely be inactive for large stretches of time. A lot of people are more low-key or post less when they're scum, yes, but posting as little as the people you've pointed out have draws as much attention as posting a lot and scumming up the thread.

Once people start dragging their butts in here, I'd like them to give opinions on what info they got from the flips of Sen and Brian Kibler. I didn't get much from Sen at all, for rather obvious reasons. From Kibler, I feel better about Enigma, because I don't think scum would kill someone if one of them felt that that person was acting scummy in some way. Also makes me feel slightly worse about Bored, as he was the last person Kibler really talked about, and as I mentioned earlier, Mormegil.

##Vote: Mormegil

I'll give Fail's sub some time to catch up I guess. That's also the second person to die who suspected Morm, which makes me more uncomfortable of him than I was before.

Brian suspected more people than only me, and I was suspected by most of the active players (aka the ones who make a difference, the ones who are not inactive and don't post just once per phase), so I'd say everyone except Moe, Bored and Pasa would have pressed a lynch on me in D2. The chances of scum killing one of those players (for whatever reason) and additionally making it much easier to lynch me is absurdly high. Instead of helping my case, killing Kibler would only help me dig my own grave.

Also, Space Marine didn't suspect me, he only addressed some posts I made, so this point of yours makes no sense. Correct me if the "second person to die who suspected Morm" you were referring to wasn't SM.

I'd also like to address Enigma's post #2309122. I don't understand why you think me voting Fail is scummy, and how I'd use it as an excuse if he were to be lynched since I had legit reasons to be doing so (his tunneling on Bored was pretty bad, he made no contribuitions so far in D1, he disappeared in D2. I said it so many times already...). Besides, why didn't you vote for your top scumread when you had the chance? If you found Kibler scummier than me, why vote me then?

This leads me to the conclusion that he wanted to lynch me over Kibler, using the already formed easy wagon on me to make sure I'd be lynched that phase, as 4 players voting someone is a decisive number when we only have 6 actives. Hence why I want answers from him.

##Vote: Enigma

Meanwhile, I'll give more time for Fail's sub to catch up with us, but my eyes are still on him.

I'd like to see comments from Moe and Frank that aren't about Pasa/Me, respectively. You won't be helping town if you decide to focus on only one target and never address someone else. This Moe & Pasa discussion slapfight has been going since D1 and is getting quite old.

Additionally...

Once people start dragging their butts in here, I'd like them to give opinions on what info they got from the flips of Sen and Brian Kibler. I didn't get much from Sen at all, for rather obvious reasons. From Kibler, I feel better about Enigma, because I don't think scum would kill someone if one of them felt that that person was acting scummy in some way. Also makes me feel slightly worse about Bored, as he was the last person Kibler really talked about, and as I mentioned earlier, Mormegil.

I dislike how he narrowed down Kibler's reads to only me and Bored. One look at this post and you'll see he mentioned Paperclip, Enigma, Moe and FH too. Why didn't you feel like mentioning these players too? He brought a more lenghty point about Bored, but his point about Enigma and Moe should also be taken into consideration.

Moeblobs can't really see much wrong with voting a less active player while still providing complex reads on other players. Doing such goes with both Moeblob's policy of MORE CONTENT =/= BETTER SCUMREAD, and Moeblobs can't say the votes are lazy because Mormegil is providing sufficient insight on other players.

Moeblobs is going to go back to ##voteing for Pasadena, but Moeblobs is going to continue rereading other players in isolation, because Moeblobs's current vote is getting a bit stale and has no percieved support.

@Morm- He spoke about Paperclip/Enigma/Flaming Hot to just say that they're not doing anything, since they're not posting. That's hardly a read. I forgot about some of his jabs against Moe though, that is true. However, you're forgetting that the small line that accompanied my vote for you just now was extra stuff that's not my main case against you. My main case is the one I outlined on D2. The second person that died who suspected you was Kibler. The first was SM. I remember him saying some stuff against you, but my memory may be faulty.

As for Frank Lucas, I haven't really been getting much from him in terms of either a town or scum read. Kibler did also find him scummy; I forgot to mention that last time around. I'll need to Frank's posts more to get a better read of him.

Moeblobs notes that Moeblobs would be voting for Failbladdon too if he wasn't completely without presence in the game. Mormegil had the same reasons to vote Fail as Moeblobs does, the difference being Moeblobs would rather "wait and see" with them.

Moeblobs sees there was three votes on Failbladdon before deadline anyway.

I really haven't been in a mafia mindset recently but I don't want to be responsible for universal loss

OK AS OF STARTING THIS POST I HAVE LITERALLY NO READS SO REREAD GO

spoiler: he's vanilla lynchproof

##Unvote

##Vote: Bored

No vote, no sense, no place in this game.

Way to sheep.

Ah, yes, now lets see what we have.

I make a post, poking at one person in response to a vote they made on me. It was clearly not going to be much of a defense as the reasons for the vote were simply random. Thus, I felt no real reason to defend myself. After all, if I had, it would have simply been empty words for an empty case. Simple. Next, I do not participate in RVS. Because, well, there was nothing for me to work on. Now, I ask you this. What is the point of putting down an empty vote when there are plenty of votes out there already? Instead, I was content to sit back and observe. And look what popped up. 4 votes on me within almost an hour. All for not placing a vote and some of them for my style of posting. Now, looking at this case logically, I see that this game only has three scum. So it is in fact impossible for all four of these people on my bandwagon to be scum. And even if there were four scum, I find it highly unlikely that they would all be on my wagon. No, they're smarter than that. However, it is interesting to look at the voting patterns.

Two people come in and vote me 6 minutes. 5 minutes later, Invisible comes in and says that he's content leaving his vote where it is. For this case, we can count that as being a third vote on me, since it essentially is due to his first vote being completely random. Invisible then says that I threatened him (please, I wouldn't waste my time. Saying that I'm going to keep an eye on you isn't a threat when I'm going to keep an eye on everyone) but then essentially says that I'm useless and need to go. Now, how is that any less of a threat than what I said? Hmm? And then the kicker, Fail there comes in and says that since I have no vote down, I have no sense and no place in this game.

Now, what can we learn from this? Well, I actually find it unlikely that Fail is scum. Instead, I find it likely that one of the first two people to vote me are scum. After all, that allows them to come in and appear to be contributing while really they're voting someone for something that isn't scummy at all. Let me ask you this. If I were scum, which would be better for me? To come in and toss a random vote down with a few words behind it, or to instead make a post that doesn't have a vote in it when I have the full knowledge that not voting in RVS is considered scummy for some reason? As for Invisible, I'm still not sure on him, but even if he is scum, for right now he has enough votes on him. As such, I'm going to

##Vote:Space Marine

You vote me for a weak reason which you then weaken even further by saying that you could easily switch your vote to Invisible.

Learn to observe people, not just see.

I really don't like his reason for writing off Fail as town here, and the whole "intentionally scummy" is a bullshit excuse nobody should ever use unless they can prove that they're town.

Someone seems to know how not to bring progress in a game. Most ludacris. I wouldn't come near you unless you had those cute skinny jeans on. Your plan of not participating in.RVS stages by firmly abstaining from it have albeit made you look like a baboon's red shiny rear.

Honestly, if you're trying to press things forward, do you think you will be successful by adamantly doing nothing?

##Unvote

##Vote Bored

Hell you reacted to every random point against you like there were legit cases formed within the mere handful of hours that this game has existed on.

Between utter defensiveness, overreaction, and a lack of vote-worthy reads after that verbal explosion of flaming hot nonsense, I'm satisfied with my vote right here.

This looks worse than the first time I read through actually. Maybe it's just seeing everything in context again, but the Bored wagon just kind of blew up to the point that I think Bored might be town just because of it.

Because I'm town and chances are I don't think you're gonna be lynching me, that's why. Also because as you say, they aren't particularly serious. I'm not worried about them at all.

Bored, I have a few questions.

How would you suggest we progress in a game if we did not have RVS (or something similar)?

What do you have to gain for not voting at any point, ever?

Why did you vote Space Marines over me, if you think I might be scum? Better yet, why did you vote for him while doing the exact same thing yourself? (You said you could have voted me, but decided to vote someone else instead.)

Now if you'll excuse me it's well past midnight and I should be sleeping. I will return in the morning and hopefully make a post before I have to leave for school.

"because I'm notw"

oh god how did I just misspell town that badly

uh, then follow up with a bunch of questions that are kind of pointless. RVS loses it's power when it's truly random, so there kind of is a point where leaving votes down with no meaning is a detriment. Then a filler follow up line which isn't necessarily scummy, but considering there's not an awful lot of content in that post to begin with I don't like it.

Additionally, Bored's response to Flaming Hot is correct- his first post didn't do anything, but the second one did, even if it didn't do it very well. Flaming Hot seems like he's just jumping on the wagon, saying the same stuff as the first few people did, but not really giving proper reasoning, as the initial reason why the first few people voted for Bored doesn't really hold true anymore.

The defense of Bored without really showing much dedication to it (I actually have no clue how to really word this, but it's scumvibes). This looks like a decent reason to vote for Flaming, but he doesn't.

Brian also picked up on the "new player defense" bit here.

I AM GOING TO SLEEP AND NOT GOING TO THINK ABOUT THIS GAME UNTIL I AM OF RATIONAL MIND. WHICH MEANS THE VOTE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE UNTIL I WAKE UP.

Pasadena is kind of a hypocrite for voting Bored for not having a vote then doing the same thing.

Moleblob's typing hurts my brain, I'm going to take a break.

For now...

##Vote: Pocket Ace

Looking back at D2:

engima calls Brian Kibler his top scum read here, this is apparently from notes he took during N1. In his second and third posts he suddenly turns his thoughts on Mormegil. Votes him after Senbon has already been inactivity modkilled, and had to be prodded to vote. He votes nearly two hours after Senbon's modkill. Not paying attention, or is this too convenient?

Brian Kibler voted Mormegil and was rather vocal about it. Now he's dead.

Frank Lucas voted Mormegil early into D2 and was also vocal about that wagon. He's not dead.

I'll definitely have to reread D1 in conjunction with D2 reads, but right now I am must suspicious of enigma. Whoever was the first enigma didn't exist on D1 and subbed out. The second engima didn't do much. His case on Mormegil doesn't seem too well-explained and he doesn't vote him until Senbon has been modkilled.

##Vote: enigma

Pasadena is kind of a hypocrite for voting Bored for not having a vote then doing the same thing.

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif Way to not read my post in context.

Also, why are you voting Pocket Ace?

I think Flaming Hot and Paperclip are just both genuinely inactive. They may or may not be scum in addition to that, but I don't think that intentionally inactive scum would have let it get as far as a universal loss threat if they didn't post in <48 hours. That being said, I've never actually participated in a game where scum would purposely be inactive for large stretches of time. A lot of people are more low-key or post less when they're scum, yes, but posting as little as the people you've pointed out have draws as much attention as posting a lot and scumming up the thread.

That's a good point, but I can't help but think that one of them are really inactive scum who didn't bank on the fact that so many other people are inactive. Like ... I nearly forgot that they were even playing the game and with other activity going on it's easy to focus on who's present than who's not at times.

@Morm- He spoke about Paperclip/Enigma/Flaming Hot to just say that they're not doing anything, since they're not posting. That's hardly a read. I forgot about some of his jabs against Moe though, that is true. However, you're forgetting that the small line that accompanied my vote for you just now was extra stuff that's not my main case against you. My main case is the one I outlined on D2. The second person that died who suspected you was Kibler. The first was SM. I remember him saying some stuff against you, but my memory may be faulty.

He did address Enigma with more than a prod, even if he addressed Bored more deeply. He said it was weird that Enigma wasn't voting his top scumread, instead opting to vote me, and he said he was jumping around far too much. I believe this is more insidious than his reference to FH and Paper.

But Moe, the difference is that Morm is voting for the less active players he finds scummy because they're less active[...]

... Which is totally not why I voted Fail. I had more reasos than that to vote him, and I made them clear many times already: His tunneling on Bored for the entirety of D1, his lack of content and reads regarding everyone else. I said I wanted to see more from him regarding his play, not regarding his activity (or lack thereof).

I don't understand Paperclip's vote on Pocket because he didn't even refer to him properly on his post (or say why he was voting him, at least), but I'll give him some time to finish reading.

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif Way to not read my post in context.

I guess. But you had a go at Bored earlier based off of a lack of a vote then didn't put it down yourself. Even if it was just on a hunch, it'd still be better than nothing.

Also, why are you voting Pocket Ace?

Mostly on a hunch at this point. I'll see what else comes up.

Continuing my reread now. I don't know whether I'll finish tonight, but I'll hopefully get another post out soon.

I guess. But you had a go at Bored earlier based off of a lack of a vote then didn't put it down yourself. Even if it was just on a hunch, it'd still be better than nothing.

If I need to explain this again (which I really shouldn't have to do), I unvoted then didn't revote because I was irritated and wanted to vote with a clearer head in the morning.

Mostly on a hunch at this point. I'll see what else comes up.

Considering that there should be enough material to form solid opinions on some of the people here, I'd be happy if you could provide more reasoning beyond just a hunch.

I don't vote for Flaming Hot there because I was voting Invisible at the time, and he hadn't provided a satisfactory response to my question. I didn't see a reason to unvoting Invisible until then. I wasn't really defending Bored as much as I was attacking Flaming Hot there anyways. And as for why I thought Bored was a new player, I explained it more later on, IIRC.

Morm, I'm not explaining myself very well here. Let me try again. Yes, you had reasons for voting Fail on D2, and Sen on D1, and you explained them. However, you had more reasons for voting other people. And when you were asked why you were voting the people against whom you gave like two lines of reasoning over those for whom you gave two or three paragraphs of reasoning, it basically boiled down to the fact that you were voting for them not because they were a stronger scumread, but because you wanted to get more info from them.

From the depths of the Eight Hundred Forty Three Planes Of Adorableness, Moeblobs With Hats rises to the challenge once again!

However Moeblobs has nothing new to with which comment on, other then acknowledge a few town-appearing posts from Space Marine and Pocket Ace!

Moeblobs has been made, however, quite worrisome over Sebonzakura's empty unvote (from an RVS vote), and notes that after the unvote Sebonzakura came in again four hours later with nothing new to add but an Edit By Way Of Post.

Moeblobs is highly disappointed and is eager to view fresh content from Sebonzakura.

"hi these are my townreads guys

sebon should post more stuff"

I'm a bit late to the party, so anything I'm about to say regarding Pasadena v. Invisible has been touched on by a couple others for the most part. I actually feel like this isn't intown fighting on a second read through, and that one of Pasadena and Invisible is actually scum. Bear in mind this is early in the phase so this isn't a theory that is set in stone with a surplus amount of evidence, so it may change in the future. For now though, I think that based on Invisible's reactions to the wagon of votes on him, as well as his interactions with Pasadena, it's fair to conclude that he's scum.

I just skimmed the day 2 votals, and didn't see Frank gunning for Pasa at all. If he actually said something later after Invisible's townflip, my bad, I'll see as I read on.

Typical scum safety net, with confidence that reminds me of Mancer from Pokemon Adventures, how he was sure that JB would flip scum. The sudden switch is kind of strange, and I don't like it at all. Invisible kind of ripped that post apart right afterwards though.

why is it whenever I read a moleblob's post I cry a little inside

Probably because his vote was extremely opportunistic and his lack of contribution otherwise, but at the same time he hasn't really done enough to warrant a vote just yet. Just a thought though.

See the safety net theory.

Frank Lucas's posts read like he is trying to setup mislynches. He makes a one-off about how he doesn't think this is town infighting because apparently it looks genuine. What about it looks genuine? It's not like busing and D1 mafia slapfights have never happened. Also, it's hard to not attack people on your wagon when like half the active players are voting you.

And the dead man agrees with me.

There is also a chance for this to backfire. Scum trying to be active may slip up if they're careless, or they'll say something that'll get everyone to jump on them. Sounds like a lousy gambit just for some D1 town credit.

Why do you constantly try and think like the mafia? I wouldn't get on your case if you did it every once in a while, but this constant "mafia would/wouldn't" isn't good.

Yeah, it's dumb. It was also dumb when Invisible did it. So tell me how I am still scummier than Invisible? Who has barely defended himself and done little contribution to scum hunting aside from defending himself?

I really don't like this reaction. It's like "I know it's scummy but I'll do it anyway", which people got on Bored's case for earlier.

As for vote parking on enigma after I got back, I was irritated because of none of your damn business and I've been expecting more inactive people to chip in to this discussion. I was sorely disappointed, and irritated, and figured enigma needed a little incentive to show his face. Yes, I can see why it's weird. But like I'm just going to keep my displeasure silent. You also noted that Invisible did the same thing -- vote parked an inactive. How am I worse, seriously?

Just because Invisible did something too doesn't make you obvtown mcgee. Stop using this as an excuse for everything.

So why aren't you voting me? You clearly want me lynched. Then vote and stop being spineless. Or are you merely going to point fingers at me and never switch your vote because you know I'm a mislynch and don't want to be associated with it? Your case on me is more convincing than anything you had on Invisible. So I ask again -- why aren't you voting me?

"how am I worse than Invisible? I look worse than invisible why aren't you voting for me?". There's a bit of a contradiction here.

stopping at #134 because I see a few big walls of text and don't feel the best right now.

##Unvote

##Vote: Frank Lucas

Also FoS on Pasa.