• Every playthrough.
    • Never have.
    • A few times, not every time.
    • Once, too much hassle, never again.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't compare folks to the Lord Almighty. Even if a person was to naturally max all stats, he or she wouldn't compare to God.

Don't go turning this into a religious debate...

Anyway, this whole thing reminds me of myself and Tino pitting our thoughts on Nino against eachother, one side saying "She's a late-comer, and is utter crap compared to everyone else", the other saying "Yeah you're right, but put the effort into raising her, she soon becomes one of the best units available."

And to have her around for the last say 5 or so chapters can make a difference. If you're too impatiend / incapable of raising Nino, then you can't really say she is rubbish because she is in fact better than almost every unit going, just at a low level upon getting her...

Also, it can be a pain to raise her on hard mode, but as Fox said, taking your time and using your head, it is doable, and turns into a reliable, useful unit, especially against other magic users where her high res can save her ass, and her high mag and ability to use healing staff can save other's asses too.

Faiya, Lamer was throwing your points back at you triple strength, and you ended up saying "we just don't get each other lol." I like Nino. Lamer, however, is pretty damn right about her being too much trouble and not enough reward on hard mode. You were also being a lot more aggro than he was. He never insulted you at all.

I just really got tired of the arguement, because it was going nowhere. If either of us had accept some of the other's terms, maybe it woulda been more interesting.

Also, I'm not exactly a good debater. I'm just stubborn. That usually wins debates for me :( . Also, I stated all my points, so all I'd be doing would be repeating myself.

So I guess the honorable thing to do is accept defeat. <_<

I just really got tired of the arguement, because it was going nowhere. If either of us had accept some of the other's terms, maybe it woulda been more interesting.

Also, I'm not exactly a good debater. I'm just stubborn. That usually wins debates for me :( . Also, I stated all my points, so all I'd be doing would be repeating myself.

So I guess the honorable thing to do is accept defeat. <_<

Look at the poll. It agrees with you. So do plenty of us here.

Nino is overrated.

I prefer units that help you throughout most of the game and don't require babying to get to a redeemable level. By the time she's useful it's already the end of the game and then you get Athos.

What people <3 about Nino are her monster growths. Until she arrives (late), you have Erk and Pent, who may not be as statistically stellar at the end but are at least THERE for most of the game and don't require copious amounts of maintenance.

Nino is overrated.

Is she really? This is the first time in years that I've seen so many people praise Nino. She's almost universally hated on every other Fire Emblem forum I've visited.

Is she really? This is the first time in years that I've seen so many people praise Nino. She's almost universally hated on every other Fire Emblem forum I've visited.

Among the average FE players who look at growth potential / endgame stats only? Yeah.

When this game wasn't so analyzed and dissected, those forums also had a pro-Nino mentality. It's just changed over the years.

Nino is overrated.

I prefer units that help you throughout most of the game and don't require babying to get to a redeemable level. By the time she's useful it's already the end of the game and then you get Athos.

What people <3 about Nino are her monster growths. Until she arrives (late), you have Erk and Pent, who may not be as statistically stellar at the end but are at least THERE for most of the game and don't require copious amounts of maintenance.

Coming late isn't always such a bad thing; It makes her the perfect candidate for Afa's drops. And I'll say something I've said about six times elsewhere: Nino isn't nearly as hard to train as made out to be, even without the drops. But those who can't go a bit out of their way to get a totally amazing unit would think she's overrated.

Coming late isn't always such a bad thing; It makes her the perfect candidate for Afa's drops. And I'll say something I've said about six times elsewhere: Nino isn't nearly as hard to train as made out to be, even without the drops. But those who can't go a bit out of their way to get a totally amazing unit would think she's overrated.

She sure beats the hell out of Erk. Nino is definitely worth it. One of the best three anima users in the game if you ask me (Nino Priscilla and Pent)

Nino is good, but personally I don't baby unit's, if you can't hold your own you are not welcomed in my party

I never had to baby Nino. PPl would attack my team. they wouldn't kill them all the way. I have nino slaughter the ppl standing on one leg and missing a gallon of blood.

I never had to baby Nino. PPl would attack my team. they wouldn't kill them all the way. I have nino slaughter the ppl standing on one leg and missing a gallon of blood.

Trust me I am unlucky with underleveled unit's.

On your next playthrough,give nino a shot. You will not regret it.

Unless you plan on doing a ranked run. It will waste a fair amount of turns getting her up to speed. Odds are, you care nothing about ranks, so you should like her and stuff. It will be difficult if you go Hector Hard Mode, since Cog of Destiny, her main getting up to speed chapter, (Knights and Generals ahoy) will be replaced with magic users, which equal high resistance. That means many, many turns down the drain training her. Tedious business.

What do you get out of having a good ranked run?

I never do them.

The benefit of knowing you're a good Fire Emblem player. It's not a competition game, so it doesn't mean much. But it does make people listen to you better when you say who's good and who's not. I don't care about ranks either, I just speak on character usefulness based on that concept. Basically, it's a habit that Fire Emblem Planet dropped on me, since people were going insult crazy whenever I said stuff like Nino and Lilina being awesome deals.

lol professional Fire Emblem players.

They do know what they're talking about. It's the arrogance that I don't like about them. It'd be nice if they nicely explained their points, instead of calling people scrubs, noobs, and other mean things.

I realize that there are characters out there that, despite being capable of becoming strong, are not very practical units for other reasons. It's just that the idea of some guy agonizing late into the night over what characters to use in the professional Fire Emblem tournament, wondering if he's really good enough to be competing in the professional Fire Emblem Circuit, is pretty funny to me.