Best Pairings for Stats and Skill Inheritance

Jyosua

Having a hard time deciding honestly. My main purpose is probably to build a team that can actually do the DLC on lunatic. I'm really worried how hard that one DLC is going to be to get the ultimate emblem. If you've seen the picture of them they have stats like 80/50/65/64/65/59/55, and "if the first wave of enemies are defeated within 2 turns, you can restart the map with an alternate set of stronger enemies. Beating all 5 alternative rounds nets you an Ultimate emblem." In this case what do you think would be best? Optimal Skills or Optimal Stats? Or if there is a balanced way around this what would that be? My avatar is a male with asset speed and flaw luk.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a hard time deciding honestly. My main purpose is probably to build a team that can actually do the DLC on lunatic. I'm really worried how hard that one DLC is going to be to get the ultimate emblem. If you've seen the picture of them they have stats like 80/50/65/64/65/59/55, and "if the first wave of enemies are defeated within 2 turns, you can restart the map with an alternate set of stronger enemies. Beating all 5 alternative rounds nets you an Ultimate emblem." In this case what do you think would be best? Optimal Skills or Optimal Stats? Or if there is a balanced way around this what would that be? My avatar is a male with asset speed and flaw luk.

There's a Lunatic thread floating around on these forums. I think they'll be able to give you a better idea of what to do regarding this.

Okay someone cleared it up for me and told me that DLC is all the same no matter the mode. On that note, has anyone ever really decided whether or not donnel x nowi or donnel x kellam is better? It's really hard to decide galeforce or more defense (and defense that can be passed on to morgan at that). Another one is whether or not LonQu Yarne is worth it or should I stick with LonQu Severa and give Yarne someone like Stahl/Fredderick.

Test out the above theory with Relief (peg knt lv10 skill). Heals 20% if no units are within 3 squares. If you are paired up, technically that isn't counted as another unit, so it applied, just like Focus would apply with no same-team units within 3 squares.

Sorry I'm a bit slow at the moment. Are you saying that Relief did activate under those conditions, whenever the unit with Relief was paired up with another unit?

Sorry I'm a bit slow at the moment. Are you saying that Relief did activate under those conditions, whenever the unit with Relief was paired up with another unit?

Pair Ups don't count towards Relief's three-unit rule, so if Chrom is riding in Sumia's saddlebags in The Middle of Nowhere, she'll still get Relief.

Pair Ups don't count towards Relief's three-unit rule, so if Chrom is riding in Sumia's saddlebags in The Middle of Nowhere, she'll still get Relief.

Gotcha, that's all I need to know. Thank you!

Although, in the same context, would that mean that Solidarity doesn't apply to the Lead Unit when equipped as an active skill on the Support Unit in a pair?

I'm actually going to be pairing Lissa with Frederick, and since Owain can still get all of those skills, I'll try the build you first posted, Eclipse. I might throw Miracle in there as the last skill to prolong his life while under half HP (to keep Wrath activated longer). Or maybe Renewal. Still haven't decided yet. xD

Scratch that, I'm going Armsthrift + Sol Katti (Sol on backup) + A-rank with Sage Laurent. Definitely going with that. Actually I could have just about any of my planned units on Support with him and it'd probably work out. But YASS!! This is a really nice build you brought up Eclipse, thanks man!

Edited by Goblinaro

Personally my favorite child so far is Nah with Donnel as a father... she is an outstanding armsthrift abuser as her luck cap w/out support or skills is 50 of further interest to me is she also gains access to sol thanks to the mercenary line and renewal through the troubadour line. thus with access to armsthrift, sword breaker, gale force, renewal, sol, lifetaker... ect one can get some interesting use out of her...(I actually feel manekate is a liability on her... that speed...)

Alrighty, so me and my friend have been thinking of which pairings would lead to optimal stats/skills build, and would like some opinion on this one.

stats-2.jpg

I'm still debating though if female avatar would be a better choice though, as female avatar and morgan both having galeforce, not to mention the possibility for pairing your MU with Laurent for highest magic, Yarne for highest speed, Gerome for highest strength, or Chrom for Lucina and Morgan to have aether and class options galore.

With this build I was thinking of defense asset and either HP or luck flaw. This way Morgan and Nah can be your tanks to bait. Lonqu was a hard choice to choose between Severa or Yarne, but in order to balance the team more, I opted to give Yarne Lonqu in order to balance out the fact that Severa has Galeforce and Yarne does not, so I gave him a lil more stats. The reason I paired Frederick with Cherche, despite his horrible speed modifiers was because I figure I can give Gerome some tanky abilities to make up for it offered by Frederick class options. The others I tried to balance it so they would not have as many negatives, while still getting Galeforce when possible and keeping class options available.

Edited by Rerona