General Fire Emblem fanart: what is hotlink???

Thunderfox

it's getting on my nerves.

Great, so you can understand how your response to one of the art pieces a lot earlier ticked me and a few other people off.

But since you asked now, I will back off.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, so you can understand how your response to one of the art pieces a lot earlier ticked me and a few other people off.

But since you asked now, I will back off.

Yes, but you were still unnecessarily rude. And thank you.

By the way, someone actually did Frederick's naked Chrom poster... But it's probably too inappropriate even for this site. xP

Yes, but you were still unnecessarily rude.

"Unnecessarily" is subjective. I suggest you talk to Sangyul if you wish to an explanation of why I was sort of justified in being "rude" over there.

They have the patience to explain everything to you... I do not.

One thing I suggest is being more aware about the way you say things rub people the wrong way. Because that's honestly why you have your "reputation"... You yourself have created it from your interactions with people... unless you haven't noticed why you have so much traffic in your art threads.

Edited by shadowofchaos

"Unnecessarily" is subjective. I suggest you talk to Sangyul if you wish to an explanation of why I was sort of justified in being "rude" over there.

They have the patience to explain everything to you... I do not.

One thing I suggest is being more aware about the way you say things rub people the wrong way. Because that's honestly why you have your "reputation"... You yourself have created it from your interactions with people... unless you haven't noticed why you have so much traffic in your art threads.

Actually, I hardly have any traffic in my art thread anymore. But anyway. If someone disagrees with an opinion of mine and is butthurt about it, that's their problem not mine. And there is never a good reason to be rude to someone.

Edited by Anacybele

Actually, I hardly have any traffic in my art thread anymore. But anyway. If someone disagrees with an opinion of mine and is butthurt about it, that's their problem not mine. And there is never a good reason to be rude to someone.

Missed the point AGAIN with the first sentence. Again, learn some context reading... please.

Okay, let me spell it out for you then:

but I do agree that it bothers me when her only response seems to be that "it should have been X pairing" or whatever. I've just never seen you get that angry before.

I'm sorry...

It's just... the fact that she says she can "respect" other people's choices... she always seems to, whether intentionally or unintentionally it doesn't matter, she shoves her preferences and displays it for all the world to see... And if I may be so bold... almost seems to want everyone to praise and accept it.

I'd say you were justified here. One can only take so much before they ultimately release pent-up annoyance and anger.

Hey, I'm not saying that it's a bad thing or anything you need to apologize for. Ana really does need to learn the true meaning of "respecting other people's choices". I actually do agree with everything you're saying.

Let me get this straight... Not even looking at the significance of Owain's clothes in that work is "respecting other people's pairings" like you claim to preach?

Bleh, Donnel should've been the father, imo.

Practice what you preach, girl.

You might say "I can appreciate other pairings than my own", but your actions sure as hell don't. This includes OTHER times than this. That particular comment just happened to tick me off.

I don't know about you but "Bleh" doesn't sound like you even took the damn time to understand what it was about.

Even if you did, you didn't even think about the context of your words.

Brushing me off as being "butthurt" about your pairing is about as Ad hominem you can be, considering the focus of my point isn't even about YOUR pairings... I am talking about your conduct. Which... actually, is another example of what I am getting at. You always narrow it down to pairings. ALWAYS. At least 50% of your posts are about pairings pairings pairings. It's fine to be passionate about something, but think about CONTEXT, woman.

Your only response was about pairings. That's pretty damn shallow.

"I don't like it because of *this*, or *this* or the artstyle" is fine.

"I don't like it because Donnel isn't the father"... even though that particular work's context REQUIRES that Lon'qu be the father.

...I'm done. I'll stop derailing this thread.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Here's one from... urgh... Echizen...

Source: Click here

Also, if you have a pixiv account be SURE to have your R-18 filter on if you're going to browse that artist's other works. (It's on by default, as well as when you're browsing as a guest.)

It would really help if Echizen brushes up on some anatomy. Ninian's head... and those hands... bothering the hell out of me. Florina's moe pose does not make up for that... urgh.

Not to mention he made an R-18 image of Olivia... and it was horrendous.

This guy has a ton of art of FE girls with...rather bustier bodies than they really have. If he improved the anatomy better, than I think the pics would be better received outside of the perverted audience.

This guy has a ton of art of FE girls with...rather bustier bodies than they really have. If he improved the anatomy better, than I think the pics would be better received outside of the perverted audience.

Well for one... his R-18 images are only... well... tailored for that audience.

That Ninian picture and those porportions.... so wrong. Florina looks okay though.

Also, that ChromxRobin picture is based off a meme, someone in the cast was going to be "men turning gay" and the game, especially the DLC, has Frederick obsessing over Chrom to bait shippers. If you want more pictures of your favourite ship, find some new art and post that instead of complaining about what other people have found.

Edit: A more realistic looking Tharja fanart from someone who I didn't expect to do Fire Emblem fanart

tharja_by_erina-d65r96h.jpg

Source: Erina on Deviantart

Edited by Samias

^ Woah. I had typed up an explanation of their friendship because I thought you meant what are they doing...then I realized what was actually going on o.O

Also Severa should always have an axe

I found this on Pixiv, but you probably won't get it unless you've done MUxLucina AND can read Japanese (again).

S4mN5MI.jpg

AwEJJya.jpg

rMvrtzn.jpg

Oh, yeah, this isn't fan-art exactly, but it's hilarious:

XYCttXv.jpg

Edit:

Please don't hotlink from 4chan! I can see the images now but I know they'll be down soon enough.

Time to rehost to imgur becaws I didn't know that, then.

Edited by Ƶerker

In a nutshell for those of you who can't read Japanese:

Lucina: "Robin, I'm pregnant!"

Robin spits coffee

Morgan: "Mommy I came from the future!"

My reaction:

bc79.jpg

NO!

It has NOTHING to do with that.

Lucina: Umm, Robin...

Robin: Hmm?

Lucina: I've... got something to ask...

Robin: What is it?

Lucina: Yes... Umm...

Lucina: I want my breasts to become bigger so can you please massage them!?

*Robin spits coffee*

[This has to do with the notion, commonly played in anime with pettanko characters, that massaging their breasts will make them bigger]

Robin: Lucina... you do know what you're asking, right?

Lucina: Yes. *Serious*

Robin: Hmm...

Morgan: I'll be happy to!

NICK FUUURRRRYYYY BASILIO.

And I had most of those, but VELVEEEEEEET AND CHAMBRAAAAAAAY (Panne and Yarne) SO CUUUUUUUUUTE.

*saves*

Including the shota MU box with Cordelia confession. xD

I even had the matsuri one on my desktop at one point... edited with my MU's hair. Because... I'm sure as heck didn't marry Sumia. xD

pretty much

comic305_zps5cc971c1.png

Ironically, this is my OTP. XD

And I didn't even marry them together at first for the Galeforce, I was just testing stuff out.

Pfft. This comic. It cracks me up.

My reaction:

bc79.jpg

NO!

It has NOTHING to do with that.

Lucina: Umm, Robin...

Robin: Hmm?

Lucina: I've... got something to ask...

Robin: What is it?

Lucina: Yes... Umm...

Lucina: I want my breasts to become bigger so can you please massage them!?

*Robin spits coffee*

[This has to do with the notion, commonly played in anime with pettanko characters, that massaging their breasts will make them bigger]

Robin: Lucina... you do know what you're asking, right?

Lucina: Yes. *Serious*

Robin: Hmm...

Morgan: I'll be happy to!

Well

My Japanese still sucks then!

How the hell did I confuse breasts with birth?

Edit:

I found another comic in Japanese.

Rey, I'm going to ask you to translate it so I don't embarrass myself again, and compare what I thought it was to what you got from it, so I don't have to share how terrible I am at reading Japanese with the rest of the world.

Be warned, it's pretty long.

UdtgxBu.jpg

LZSvVeH.jpg

7HHtpA1.jpg

O05xyC7.jpg

OnljzEq.jpg

WSOPx95.jpg

5zOYf7n.jpg

FyIJGKn.jpg

MJOyEa6.jpg

lSGeJmy.jpg

CdVgG13.jpg