General Fire Emblem fanart: what is hotlink???

Thunderfox

Even if the description says otherwise, I agree; in my viewpoint, Lucina and the avatar look just like friends, not really mother and daughter... But I guess that's simply not what the artist intended. :P

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that Avatar is Lucina's mother.

I'm not sure why you continue to be surprised/disappointed that all these avatars look like yours. That specific Avatar has only 5 hair options to choose from, so it's pretty fricken hard to distinguish them unless you redesign the Avatar entirely since the customization options suck ass.

The Avatar also has a LOT of hair colors to choose from. It's also the first time I've seen an Avatar that looks exactly like mine. Also, it's not the resemblance itself, it's that I'm basically looking at my Avatar paired with my most hated male character in Awakening (playable male, that is), and it's my most hated pairing in the game, which is not only awkward, but quite unappealing to me.

I don't blame the artist at all though, they couldn't have possibly known any of this. It's just an unfortunate coincidence.

Edited by Anacybele

Ana, when I go look for Awakening fanfiction on google search, I see a lot of pictures of a male avatar that looks highly similar to my Robin. He's always paired with Lissa, who isn't the character my Robin with that appearance married. I don't let that bother me.

If you let every instance of "this avatar looks close to or EXACTLY like mine but they're not paired with who I picked!" bother you, then you'll be getting bothered by everything and everyone. It's not worth it to get so annoyed over someone else's headcanon.

Edited by Sunwoo

Ana, when I go look for Awakening fanfiction on google search, I see a lot of pictures of a male avatar that looks highly similar to my Robin. He's always paired with Lissa, who isn't the character my Robin with that appearance married. I don't let that bother me.

If you let every instance of "this avatar looks close to or EXACTLY like mine but they're not paired with who I picked!" bother you, then you'll be getting bothered by everything and everyone. It's not worth it to get so annoyed over someone else's headcanon.

Well, what doesn't bother one person may bother someone else. It's just how things are.

Well, what doesn't bother one person may bother someone else. It's just how things are.

You're welcome to be bothered by it if you want, but all that's going to do is stress you out and make you upset so ultimately the only person who gets any sort of grief from it is yourself. Which sounds counterintuitive but okay.

The Avatar also has a LOT of hair colors to choose from. It's also the first time I've seen an Avatar that looks exactly like mine. Also, it's not the resemblance itself, it's that I'm basically looking at my Avatar paired with my most hated male character in Awakening (playable male, that is), and it's my most hated pairing in the game, which is not only awkward, but quite unappealing to me.

I don't blame the artist at all though, they couldn't have possibly known any of this. It's just an unfortunate coincidence.

There's only 20 hair options, 3 of which are shades of blue. That avatar's hair is light green in any case.

It's also the first time I've seen an Avatar that looks exactly like mine.

Grrr. That Avatar looks exactly like mine, but she's not getting with Frederick in this comic. That makes it really weird for me. >_<

Whoa, the Avatar you have in the pic marked "CAN'T" looks exactly like mine. o.o Same hair color and everything!

Sorry though, Robin, Kelli's in love with Frederick. :awesome:

The Avatar in that pic looks like mine. ^^ VERY well done piece there too! It looks like it came right out of an official manga or something!

Frederick is kind of a teacher for real, but THANKS A LOT TO THAT ARTIST FOR PUTTING MY PAIRING OF HIM AND FEMALE AVATAR IN A VERY AWKWARD POSITION SINCE THAT LOOKS LIKE MY FEMALE AVATAR WITH A MORE BLUISH HAIR COLOR ._. (romance between a student and a teacher is often frowned upon)

No, it really isn't.

It's not the artists' faults for not knowing to never use this one particular hairstyle out of five total options to avoid offending you or making you feel awkward because they didn't draw their avatar with Frederick or *gasp* someone you hate.

Okay, 1. Why is this such a big deal to you?

2. So I forgot about those instances. Sorry. But again, why was it such a big deal to you that you went and dug around for all those quotes?

Because you kinda make a big deal out of it too. In every one of those quotes but, like, one, you're making a big deal out of the fact that the avatar looks like yours and who they're pairing said avatar with. There's not that many options for customization, they're gonna look like yours sometimes.

Edited by Dracocoa

I can hardly call it digging around if I can enter the phrase "exactly like mine" in the search bar and get a fuckton of matches. Funfact, these are hardly all of them.

Don't you ever get tired of having these same kind of discussions every single time? I guess you do.

Ive seen you ask people to stop reacting to your posts and getting into these discussions. That apparently does not works, since here we are again.

The other solution is in your own hands.

Edited by Vicious Sal

Okay, 1. Why is this such a big deal to you?

2. So I forgot about those instances. Sorry. But again, why was it such a big deal to you that you went and dug around for all those quotes?

It's not a big deal to me. I'm not the one getting my panties in a knot every time I see an avatar looking like mine that isn't paired up with someone I like

I literally just searched this topic for the phrase "just like mine" and that's what I found, because I certainly remember this being a thing before. Of course, I've never had the best memory, so I wanted to be sure of it instead of talking out of my ass about it.

Severa and Cynthia (WARNING: It has the "WTF/Cute" tag for a reason)

2xIPtxN.jpg

Source.

Quoting myself because I feel my post got lost in the last page between all the off-topic stuff.

OMG A POR 10TH ANNIVERSARY ART!! :D

So happy to see I'm not the only one that celebrated it. <3 That's an awesome art too! It should've also included Elincia though, she's the lead female in the game.

Edited by Anacybele

That PoR 10th anniversary thing is pretty nifty. Haar looks badass.

...and I'm sorry, but I have to put my two cents in. I havent seen anything with lookalikes for my Rene yet. But if I did and she wasn't with Lon'qu, I'd probably just go "meh, weird". But if I kept seeing different pics with the same lookalike...idk. But I don't think I'd be mad or freaked out or anything.

It's funny how the design for Kelli seems to be super popular...

It's funny how the design for Kelli seems to be super popular...

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't complain about that, as I love the design, obviously. lol

And OMG, Lethe and Ranulf in that pic. XD!

Lethe is like "must...resist...catnip!" lol

Edited by Anacybele