General Fire Emblem fanart: what is hotlink???

Thunderfox

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeahhh I agree, the hair and face are gr9, but the armor needs to go like wao.

as long as it's not FE13 General armor, I guess?

Edited by Reason

Yeah, but I don't see where the armor is covering her crotch like a swimsuit. >.>

That kind of thing just looks REALLY uncomfortable and impractical, not to mention ugly. Seriously, I'm getting tired of seeing so many females with exposed thighs and panty-shaped clothing in this series. What happened to designs like the ones in Tellius where nearly every female had pants or leggings and practical armor? I think Mist and PoR Marcia were the only exceptions to the pants thing, and every character that wore armor had practical, nice looking armor.

As a woman myself, I'm disgusted with this because it's like Japanese think we should wear nothing but really short shorts and revealing stuff.

Edited by Anacybele

Same artist as Awakening yo

I know that. But it still doesn't matter who draws the characters. I want the practicality and beauty of Tellius designs back. Not this shit. I could tolerate some of Awakening's designs. But it looks like the designs of this new game are getting even more ridiculous and stupid.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, it's looking like Kamui is the Avatar and I don't want that look on the character that's basically supposed to be me. I can only hope that the outfit is at least somewhat customizable...

Well, Americans aren't too much better, see comic books. (although tbf, they're costumes usually, not armour, so...)

Edited by Knight

I can't help but find someone's outrage at exposed thighs funny when they're simulteanously sporting a barechested six pack dude in their avatar.

Disclaimer: I don't particularly like the new designs, but that's mostly because of the juxtaposition of the exposedness and armor everywhere else. If they're not wearing much in general/clothing is relatively light throughout I don't care (FE13 Dark Mages for example), but wearing dedicated armor on most of your body and then having exposed thighs or w/e inbetween that armor (female Paladin/Great Knight) just looks dumb.

Edited by Irysa

As a woman myself, I'm disgusted with this because it's like Japanese think we should wear nothing but really short shorts and revealing stuff.

Look, while I agree with the sentiment that women in fictional media need to wear less ridiculous clothing, this is hardly something limited to Japan alone. It's all over the western media too. Your ire is misplaced, and is not specific to just the Japanese.

Maribelle!Morgan

[spoiler=Cute Daughter]

Z7Sp4IB.jpg

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=49173242

Calling her daughter made me think of DQV. She even looks a bit like Bianca!Madchen.

Also, so long as we don't get things like Dark Mages in FE13, I'm happy. That design can die in a hole somewhere.

Look, while I agree with the sentiment that women in fictional media need to wear less ridiculous clothing, this is hardly something limited to Japan alone. It's all over the western media too. Your ire is misplaced, and is not specific to just the Japanese.

I didn't say it was limited to Japanese only, but if it came off that way, sorry about that. I'm sure you're right that it happens here too, but I don't think it happens nearly as much. I mean, compare the women in our cartoons to some women in anime, for example. I see a lot more huge-ass breasts and revealing clothing in anime than American cartoons. And I don't even watch much anime, I just happen to see a lot of screenshots throughout the net.

I can't help but find someone's outrage at exposed thighs funny when they're simulteanously sporting a barechested six pack dude in their avatar.

Except it isn't unusual for a man to be shirtless when he's going to bed or going to the pool or working out or something. And he has an eight pack, actually. It IS unusual and impractical for a woman to be going into battle wearing what that female Kamui art is (it isn't just the exposed thighs either, btw).

Edited by Anacybele

I didn't say it was limited to Japanese only, but if it came off that way, sorry about that. I'm sure you're right that it happens here too, but I don't think it happens nearly as much. I mean, compare the women in our cartoons to some women in anime, for example. I see a lot more huge-ass breasts and revealing clothing in anime than American cartoons. And I don't even watch much anime, I just happen to see a lot of screenshots throughout the net.

BECAUSE DAWG ECCHI IS THE ONLY GENRE THE EXISTS ("FMA:B and Berserk are totaly sexist") again if you werent so shallow and lacked observasion I would take things you say seriously but you dont you are ridicolus

Except it isn't unusual for a man to be shirtless when he's going to bed or going to the pool or working out or something. And he has an eight pack, actually. It IS unusual and impractical for a woman to be going into battle wearing what that female Kamui art is (it isn't just the exposed thighs either, btw).

How do you know that are you a male im preety sure you are female do you know what every man in the world thinks right now no stop makking accusations and being shirtless when you go to sleep is diffrent when you go shirtless outside (and the fact that man dont have any intimate parts on there upper body) I dont see any man flailing there dick around the streets saying I AM JESUS I AM JESUS

Also you realize that thighs are not something out of the ordinary (what are you religoes) she is light weight so this armor is perfect for her she isnt a night she might be a dark mage and such too dont fucking accuse or create superstitions on fields you have 0 understanding of

Thighs themselves aren't unusual, it's going into battle with exposed thighs that is. People have brought this issue up in the past about Awakening too, in regards to the battle panties worn by female Great Knights and how it seems OoC for Sully to be exposing her thighs, and more. It's not ridiculous.

My avatar isn't flailing a dick around either, you can clearly NOT see anything below the top of his pants.

Also, you shouldn't flame people.

Edited by Anacybele

Ugh, I like the hair and face, but I REALLY hope this isn't the armor she'll be wearing.

Seconded...

Edit - ... Drama. AGAIN. *hides*

Edited by Dragoncat

Thighs themselves aren't unusual, it's going into battle with exposed thighs that is. People have brought this issue up in the past about Awakening too, in regards to the battle panties worn by female Great Knights and how it seems OoC for Sully to be exposing her thighs, and more. It's not ridiculous.

My avatar isn't flailing a dick around either, you can clearly NOT see anything below the top of his pants.

Also, you shouldn't flame people.

How did I

is kamui a great knight im preety confident no and by this fan art she looks much like a dark mage (canning resemblence really) and I dont find a mage going with full heavy armor to be the smartest move a light armor class dies to a sword anyway so showing her thighs anyway isnt a problem also what clevage there is with sully she is fully armored as a great knight

HQ9fkkD.png

totaly thighs and did you know the battle panties were actually worn in medieval ages and the fact that stahl has them too

yRHZ2RY.png

and Kjelles "Battle panties" are barely seen too

And I didnt see a topic about over sexulizing Awakening can you PM me it

You're right that this isn't the topic for that discussion, so I'll leave it alone.

And you flamed me by calling me ridiculous and shallow and such. The rest of your post wasn't an attack, but that bit was. And note, I didn't feel that ANYONE was attacking me except for that bit. Just to clarify so nobody starts throwing the playing the victim card at me again.

Anyway, I think I've seen that Jaffar art before, but not here. It's pretty neat.

Edited by Anacybele

HQ9fkkD.png

totaly thighs and did you know the battle panties were actually worn in medieval ages and the fact that stahl has them too

yRHZ2RY.png

Those are the shiniest metallic looking thighs that I've ever seen. Are you being sarcastic here or does that really appear to be leggings/tights to you? Also is english your second language? I ask because without punctuation, it's difficult to take your arguments seriously, and I have a hard time discerning counterargument vs sarcasm from your words.

You also made me think of Stahl, which brings this to the table, courtesy of mikesfabulousbooty.tumblr.com

tumblr_mi5nigajk31s5xozmo1_500.png