DLC Classes

Why, pray tell, does the Bride class use such an odd variety of weapons?

Staves make perfect sense for the blessed, holy woman.

But lances?

...And then bows?

Especially seeing as Eirika is their first example...and she doesn't wield any of those weapons, if I'm not mistaken, even when she promoted. (On another note, this game did give her a raw deal, even if she isn't all that bright.)

It seems to me that the most fitting weapons of that class would have been Tomes and Swords, if it must be three. There is no class in the either game that can use both Tomes, Staves, and any sort of melee weapon - and methinks such a unit would be incredibly useful. And seeing as the Bride is DLC, I'd certainly hope the class would actually be useful.

When I saw their weapons, I honestly became a little dubious.

Beyond that, I'm not quite sure why IS thought a woman in an enormous dress would be using bows and lances; if for nothing but conceptual design and aesthetic reasons, it doesn't seem to make much sense.

All and all, I'm rather disappointed, and I haven't even got the class yet.

And then there's the Dread Fighter. While I frankly think this class is a great (if not OP) class the fact that it's male only is just heartbreaking.

Edited by Maria's Bro

The Bride's weapons seem to be the opposite of the Dread Fighter's.

I think that's what they were going for when they decided upon which weapons to give the Bride.

The Bride's weapons seem to be the opposite of the Dread Fighter's.

I think that's what they were going for when they decided upon which weapons to give the Bride.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

That, and both Dread Fighter and Bride gives access to weapon combinations that are otherwise impossible to have in Awakening: Dread Fighter lets you play as someone who can use both Axes and Magic, while Bride let's you use a unit with access to Bows and Staves.

there are 6 weapons types in this game

one gets 3

one gets the other 3

Besides Stones, Claws, and Breath, you mean?

Of course, Stones should stay Taguel/Manakete only for a reason, and the other two are enemy weapons.

Edited by Folt

Bride is probably really great for Noire, and I intend to put her in it, since she's the only female that has a magic mother but starts in a physical class. But she also starts with bows so it's just a plus there.

Agreed.

Sister/Holy Druid, Master Knight, some sort of Halberdier, all would've been more suitable choices as the Female DLC class.

EDIT: The odd weapons collections is due to IS wanting to cover every weapon combination and there was no Lance Bow class. But the classes I mentioned would work too as that.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Besides Stones, Claws, and Breath, you mean?

Of course, Stones should stay Taguel/Manakete only for a reason, and the other two are enemy weapons.

Risen brides--

Edited by Erdgeist

Agreed.

Sister/Holy Druid, Master Knight, some sort of Halberdier, all would've been more suitable choices as the Female DLC class.

EDIT: The odd weapons collections is due to IS wanting to cover every weapon combination and there was no Lance Bow class. But the classes I mentioned would work too as that.

No Lance/Bow Class, or a Bow/Staff class. Literally the only weapon combination missing from Awakening now is Bow/Tome, and Bows would be quite redundant on such a class.

If Bride got Tomes and Staves then it would have both magic weapons and Dread Fighter gets none

Bride gets Lances because Lancefaire is a female only skill

Plus Sages and Valkyries already have the staff and tome combinations already. So a Bride is just a combination of classes.

Edited by Kyneme

I do agree that it sucks that females can't be dread fighters.

If I was in charge of DLC I would have made a promotion for dancers using swords and staves (with the dance ability). Then the female exclusive class would have been Princess using swords, lances, and tomes.

If I was in charge of DLC I would have made a promotion for dancers using swords and staves (with the dance ability).

Dancers are fine as is.

Yeah, I just think it's kinda ridiculous that the female only class doesn't use tomes, as a lot of female units are more magically inclined. Especially when the class is based on being 'blessed'.

Oh, they were blessed alright. Just not with the ability to wield Tomes. And now they can give blessings away as well. :D

And females being more magically inclined is what makes me mighty happy that it's the Dread Fighter who gets the Tomes: Gotta break that mold a bit in my opinion, and I've always wanted to play as a unit with access to both Axes and Tomes.