Poll: Joshua's Wife

It's a poll  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your personal pick for the wife of Joshua?

• Joshua x Natasha
    • Joshua x L' Arachel
    • Joshua x Marisa
    • Joshua x Eirika
    • Joshua x Tethys
    • Joshua x Lyndis

I think it is time for this discussion to end and for everyone to get back on-topic. The discussion with PresidentEden is fascinating and I do hope that a thread is made to continue it, but it doesn't belong here. This topic is for discussing who Joshua's wife should be, not what homophobia is, incest, etc. I don't mean to put you on the spot or undermine you Narga but you have to admit that this is all pretty irrelevant to the actual topic. Of course, I may have helped to spark it by removing the homosexual rule and not the incest rule but still, the conversation needs to stop.

tl;dr - get back on-topic now, please.

To follow suit, I quite like Joshua x Natasha.

Edited by eCut
Spelling stuff~

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is time for this discussion to end and for everyone to get back on-topic. The discussion with PresidentEden is fascinating and I do hope that a thread is made to continue it, but it doesn't belong here. This topic is for discussing who Joshua's wife should be, not what homophobia is, incest, etc. I don't mean to put you on the spot or undermine you Narga but you have to admit that this is all pretty irrelevant to the actual topic. Of course, I may have helped to spark it by removing the homosexual rule and not the incest rule but still, the conversation needs to stop.

tl;dr - get back on-topic now, please.

To follow suit, I quite like Joshua x Natasha.

I had considered the off-topic-ness of it, but I ... um ... have no excuse. Really, if you had've left the homosexuality rule in there I could've said it's on topic in a way, but what I told myself was that it's a voting topic and so nothing is really on-topic anyway except "I voted for ____", "I voted for xxxx instead", "I didn't vote", etc. Which is very uninterseting.

Anyway, I didn't vote because I haven't bothered to read the convos in fe8 and even when I played I got to chapter 16 and quit out of boredom because it was "have Seth kill most everything" each chapter and I went so fast that I had no support convos in-game.

If we're going strictly by op's pre-destined pairings, I'll go with Joshua and Lyndis, because they clearly have the most synergy together, what with them both using swords and having the letter "S" in their names and so forth. It's clearly obvious that these (unique) traits between the two show that they're meant for each other.

Edited by Constable Reggie

Not sure why a discussion about homosexuality popped up when it's entirely irrelevant unless Natasha, the objectively right answer to this question, decides she feels uncomfortable as a woman.

Joshua x Natasha is probably the best pairing in FE8. Only possible exception would be Vanessa averting being another story's Catria.

To remain within the confines of the topic, I do concur that, if not the majority, then a sizable minority of proposed non-cis and/or incestual pairings in the FE fan universe are essentially "lols because I can" and do more to betray the lack of social intelligence of the fan suggesting the pairing than any alleged homosexual/incestuous/etc. tendencies of the characters in question. Frankly, I think they're demeaning to legitimate homosexual/incestuous/etc. relationships. It's just cheap fan service. Pairings of that sort with Joshua would constitute a good example, as he's from the game script quite obviously heteronormative and has no romantic feelings for any family members.

I'm honestly having trouble conceptualizing why any pairing besides x Natasha could be the one. It's pushed pretty heavily everywhere it can be pushed.

EDIT: @Iridium, there was initially a ban on homosexual relationships in the OP. While conceding that in this case it makes some story sense (as I noted earlier in this post), I still made an off-hand comment criticizing a more general tendency I'd observed of late in threads like these to ban homosexual and incestuous relationships a priori, even in contexts where it's appropriate. The discussion erupted from there. It's not especially relevant to this thread, which is why the parties involved have elected not to pursue it further.

Edited by PresidentEden

EDIT: @Iridium, there was initially a ban on homosexual relationships in the OP. While conceding that in this case it makes some story sense (as I noted earlier in this post), I still made an off-hand comment criticizing a more general tendency I'd observed of late in threads like these to ban homosexual and incestuous relationships a priori, even in contexts where it's appropriate. The discussion erupted from there. It's not especially relevant to this thread, which is why the parties involved have elected not to pursue it further.

Oh, I know.

And I can respect that.

I was just trying to make a semi-timely remark about how hard Joshua/Natasha is pushed, which I'm okay with since it's a pretty spectacular ship.

My topic died.

The mods smote me down.

*sighs* You know what? Fine. Just post whatever you guys want.

Hope I didn't offend anyone.

Just in case anyone asks (or cares), I know that Joshua x Eirika and Joshua x Tethys do not exist in game. I just felt like it.

Speaking of Eirika... I love how NOBODY picked Joshua x Eirika. It must be legit.

Edited by MasonTheTactician

Natasha is the pair I've done the most, but JoshxMar is a neat support, and one I think reveals a bit more about the characters.

Joshua x Natasha for me. It's the only one that the games explicitly states that they get married. I never really interpreted the Joshua x Marisa ending as them getting married, since it never heavily hints at or implies it.

For a second I thought you ment Joshua the admin.

Even I'm not taking that bait. Besides, he's already Tang's butler, or something, if you read the right posts in some thread somewhere at the right time. I forget exactly.

So, apparently Josh x Natasha was a big thing in this game?

So, apparently Josh x Natasha was a big thing in this game?

I am going to have to say yes... much bigger than Josh x Lyn.

Joshua.gifx Lyn.gifforever

Edited by MasonTheTactician