I have to do this.

Florete

I read this on GFaqs and had to post it here. It's obviously bs, but it's supposed to be how IS hated healers in this game. The last line almost made me choke on my ice cream.

A conversation between two of the producers that I received. Unfortunately I don't know their names, so I'll simply dub them Bob and Fred. Note: This may come as a shock to some of you, and contains some spoilers about the game...

Bob: Hey, let's make healers suck ass in this game.

Fred: Cool, but how are we gonna do that?

Bob: Well, we'll make three of the healers, Laura, Mist, and Rhys, have the worst base stats in the game. We'll let all three of them get one-rounded by every single enemy for the first few chapters they start in. Actually, let's make Laura's even worse than the other two; let's get her OHKO'd AND doubled by every enemy ever in part 1, and we'll give her better growths and pretend that it's balanced, and we'll also give her the worst affinity in the game. Then we'll give Mist and Rhys some of the worst growth spreads in the game and pretend that's balanced too. To make it even funnier, let's give Laura and Rhys the worst caps in the game, and we'll give those two light magic, which we'll make the worse type in the game, and we'll make Mist even worse by locking her to swords and not having any magic swords exist.

Fred: I don't think that's enough. I mean, healers have been always useful for healing, right? Why would their stats matter?

Bob: You're right. So let's throw in some ridiculous healing items. We'll have consumable items that can heal 10, 20, or 40 HP, and give them 2-3 times more uses than what vulneraries had in previous games that could only heal 10 HP.

Fred: But there are other staves that are good, like physic, that you can't replicate that easily with items.

Bob: Yeah, so let's have them actually equip it when they use it and give it a funny gimmick that'll lure the people into thinking we're being innovative when in reality it makes them 10 times worse than in previous games. Instead of letting them counter with their normal weapon on enemy phase, we'll make them counter with the staff instead! We'll give the staves all 1-range offense and use the healer's str to attack, and since every enemy has ridiculous def they're usually doing no damage, and we'll give them small effects like restore HP so they don't think we're purposely nerfing the **** out of them.

Fred: What about the other healers?

Bob: That's a good question. Let's throw Oliver in the game to surprise people because they thought he died in Path of Radiance, and we'll also give him horrible base stats so he gets doubled by everything too, and of course he's a Saint too. Let's also throw in Elincia and give her ridiculous bases, growths, and a rigged weapon to make all of them look even worse than they already are, and we'll force Micaiah into 4-E, making them completely non-essential there.

Fred: Hmmm... so we'll give them really bad bases, bad growths, and bad caps, seriously devalue the worth of staves by throwing in ridiculous healing items and having them counter with it on enemy phase instead of their normal weapon, and make them completely non-essential by having other units that seriously outclass them?

Bob: Exactly.

Fred: Hand me a cigar, because I just came.

*uses every fiber in the known body to prevent from breaking the Serenes rule*

Whew...... that was close. Fox, WHY did you have to attempt to incite a riot, especially this late at night?( no pure malice intended)

I was chuckling over the attempt at seriousness during the entire conversation. Then the last line broke me and many lulz were had.

lol GameFaqs

Don't those folks realize that stats aren't always a factor in usefulness? Healing is always a great thing, and it's not like you'd send Laura into a pack of dragons. At least she's your best healer all of Part 1, since using Sacrifice is not such a great idea. Besides, Elincia is amazing, so the healer hate isn't that great. At least Mist gets a horse once she promotes, thus increasing utility greatly. Not much I can say about Rhys though, except that my sister loves him to death.

Also, Oliver was probably put in this game for comic relief, along with great battle music. Besides, he is simply beautiful!

L_Oliver.jpg

*uses every fiber in the known body to prevent from breaking the Serenes rule*

Whew...... that was close. Fox, WHY did you have to attempt to incite a riot, especially this late at night?( no pure malice intended)

It's Serene's rule and it's not technically my rule.

Anyways, I find what fox quoted from GFAQ's funny

It's Serene's rule and it's not technically my rule.

Anyways, I find what fox quoted from GFAQ's funny

Hmm, I guess I should lighten up. But then again, logic flies out the window like a bat of out of hell when you get less than an hour of sleep( shouldn't have taken a nap during the day.)

For some reason I can't help but think they are making fun of Desdemona when they talk about Laura... :( Poor Des. lol

At least it's just GameFaqs people. We all know GameFaqs is legendary for it's massive noob population. Just look at the character comparison FAQs!

hahahaha.

not sure i entirely get the grudge/rivalry against gamefaqs, but still, this was pretty funny.

i wouldn't doubt the concept of this too much though. i imagine every game making crew has atleast one guy that thinks about ways to screw with players, maybe even a few who actively try to. And they're the ones who make the stupidly tough boss fights and what not.

lol GameFaqs

Don't those folks realize that stats aren't always a factor in usefulness? Healing is always a great thing, and it's not like you'd send Laura into a pack of dragons. At least she's your best healer all of Part 1, since using Sacrifice is not such a great idea. Besides, Elincia is amazing, so the healer hate isn't that great. At least Mist gets a horse once she promotes, thus increasing utility greatly. Not much I can say about Rhys though, except that my sister loves him to death.

Also, Oliver was probably put in this game for comic relief, along with great battle music. Besides, he is simply beautiful!

L_Oliver.jpg

Once again you're burning my eyes with that horrible picture...

lol GameFaqs

L_Oliver.jpg

Have you fallen in love with Oliver lately?