Practicality of Children

Elieson

I've got a few questions on them.

1: I see people posting pics of children with all stats max'd before recruitment. How do you even do that?

2: Are any kid characters considered "efficient" (such as with kids in a 0-DLC environment on say, Hard or Lunatic), to the point where they easily transition into the team?

3: if so (I'd assume Kjelle and Owain stand out) with those considered as easily recruitable, are they easy to catch up to the team that's already been active for 14+ chapters & 4+ paralogues?

1363113622[/url]' post='2315744']

I've got a few questions on them.

1: I see people posting pics of children with all stats max'd before recruitment. How do you even do that?

2: Are any kid characters considered "efficient" (such as with kids in a 0-DLC environment on say, Hard or Lunatic), to the point where they easily transition into the team?

3: if so (I'd assume Kjelle and Owain stand out) with those considered as easily recruitable, are they easy to catch up to the team that's already been active for 14+ chapters & 4+ paralogues?

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=33640 <-- use this for future questions

1: apperantly it's based on parents stats in someway

2: all the kids are typically better statwise, but i don't know what level the kids join at. Related to qst 1

3: can't answer this one

2. Morgan and Lucina with Veteran are easy enough to catch up even in LTC. The other kids should be doing no more than like Rallies/pair ups, if they even get em.

3. No

1: They probably maxed their parents stats as a promoted class.

2. Depends. For example the Avatar's children if he/she and his/her wife/husband have been leveled decently usually can hold their own on Lunatic right away, just not on the harder paralogues (Inigo's comes to mind).

3. It all depends on their parents' stats before you get them on Lunatic, but on Hard I found all of them to be usable right away.

Edited by Zelos

1. Stats are based partially off of the parents' stats, so they probably just maxed out stats in promoted classes. Not realistically going to happen.

2. Morgan (If the other parent is at least promoted) starts out with crazy bases and easy level ups, so they can hold their own even on harder difficulties. Lucina is pretty good too. For the other characters, as long as both parents are pretty well leveled into the 2nd tier (20/1 at least) the other characters should be fine stat wise, probably better then the parents at corresponding levels.

3. Feeding them kills with a good pair up makes it probably doable, Morgan and other children with veteran will find it easier.

For number one, the main site explains it pretty well and I quote:

The childrens' actual base stats = [(mother's current stats - mother's class base stats) + (father's current stats - father's class base stats) + child's absolute base stats] / 3 + child's class base stats

And here's the page for the children's absolute bases:

http://www.serenesfo.../char_base.html

You have to scroll down a little bit.

Grinding the parents im assuming. So that the parents cap as many stats as possible? Not even sure really.

In Hard, yeah they can transition on the team fine enough if their parents gave them good skills and stats. They will have to be hand held for a little while though. Super Babies would be a bit tough to get without DLC or Spotpass/Skirmish junk.

Depends on whats going on. If we assume No DLC/Grind Hard mode (no i dont play Lunatic), they will lag even with good set ups. But Morgan should always be able to keep up with the team more or less. If he/she doesnt, yer doing wrong :P: