The Crash Bandicoot Series

Randoman

Anyone here a fan of the Crash Bandicoot series?

I've borrowed and completed Crash Bandicoot 2, Warped, and CTR from my cousins. I preferred Crash 2 to Warped because Warped had too many non-platforming levels for my tastes and CTR is definitely one of my favourite racing games. Even as a Mario fan, I have to say that CTR puts Mario Kart 64 to shame (Adventure Mode gave CTR a lot more depth, CTR had tons of unlockables and a bigger character cast and track selection, and the track design was much more interesting and involving).

As for the non-Naughty Dog games (which most people are understandably not fond of), I've played and completed Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure, Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced, Crash Nitro Kart (GBA), and Crash of the Titans (DS). The Huge Adventure was quite good for a GBA game, N-Tranced I had issues with similar to Warped (but worse, especially with Coco's space flying levels), Crash Nitro Kart was good, but not really at CTR's level, and Crash of the Titans was good, but deviated too far from the traditional Crash Bandicoot formula.

I'm personally hoping that Activision will release a new Crash game in the future, even if it does deviate far from the traditional Naughty Dog games. The last Crash game (Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2 for iPods, released in 2010) was supposedly good and brought Crash back to the more traditional look instead of the tatoo Crash from Titans and Mind over Mutant.

And to finish off I'll post one of my favourite Crash Bandicoot Songs:

Crash Bandicoot music is so awesome. It's so upbeat, bouncy, and catchy. :D

Crash Bandicoot was the first video game I ever played, at the mere age of 5, courtesy of my aunt. Truly, the Naughty Dog games are essentially part of my childhood. Though it would take me until a mere 2 years ago to be able to clear them entirely. Save for CTR, it's the only one I din't got to truly own unfortunately.

I've got to play some of the other games as well, like Crash Bash, Wrath of Cortex, Crash Nitro Kart, and Twinsanity. Though I've come to enjoy them, it hasn't been as much as the former ones. Save for probably WoC, due to it's similar formula to the PSX trilogy.

Ah, such good times...

Anyway, I also drop one of my most favorite BGM's:

Ah, Rock It and Pack Attack. Such epic, yet weird and bouncy sounding songs. I'm so glad Time Trial wasn't invented in Crash 2, because Time Trialing those two levels would've been a nightmare. I always took those two levels insanely slowly.

Also, even if you aren't a fan of new Crash games, I think you'll still find this awesome:

Ya know, I replayed Warped not too long ago and it seems like more of a hassle to play whenever it's not a platformer level because those are amazing while the vehicle and underwater levels just kind of suck me out of the game.

I loved the heck out of these games as a kid, particularly the third one. That and Super Mario Allstars were probably my most played games/series'.

Interestingly enough, Crash Bandicoot was featured in the PlayStation mashup at the PS4 announcement meeting this year, along with FF7. It might be nothing, but it'd be nice if those rumors that Sony was trying to revive an old PS1 icon turned out to be true, lol.

Edited by Tangerine

Man I loved all things Crash on the PS1. I lost interest in him once I got a PS2, though.

I played the fuck out of 1, 2, 3, Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash.

For many months when I first got my PS1 along with Air Combat (Ace Combat 1, fyi) and Crash 1, I didn't have a memory card, so I had to use passwords. I would periodically write down passwords on paper every time they appeared. I had many pages of different codes. This one time I wanted to load a game, I unintentionally kinda fucked up and entered half of one password and half of the one below it. It loaded a state where the game was nearly complete with most of the crystals/gems collected and everything. Whoops. And fucking, Ripper Roo, man. And that stage where there was constantly barrels getting rolled at you. Pinstripe Potoroo? He was a dick.

Crash 2 was just fun as fuck. I enjoyed the bosses as well as the stages, even the hub world.

Crash 3 was also great fun, considering the powerups and unlockable content as a result of receiving them, etc.

Now Crash Team Racing, I 100%'d that. I loved it that much. Probably better than any Mario Kart game ever. Remembering holding down R1 to slide then tapping L1 every time the meter was nearly full. I think Fake Crash or the bear were my favourites to use.

Crash Bash was fun and I think I 105%'d it, but I can't remember. It was fun, but I think it would've been better if I had friends playing it with me.

Ya know, I replayed Warped not too long ago and it seems like more of a hassle to play whenever it's not a platformer level because those are amazing while the vehicle and underwater levels just kind of suck me out of the game.

fuck the plane levels

I sucked horribly at every Crash game I ever played, don't remember ever getting past like world 2 on a single one <_>

I only ever got to play CTR at a friend's place, but I had to admit I loved it, or at least about as much I possibly could love a game I just met that I happened to instantly suck at while being like 11 or something at the oldest. (which would put it somewhere in between getting owned at Starcraft at age 9 and being blown off my friend's couch by Knights of the Old Republic at age 12)

fuck the plane levels

I remember that, Level 24 in particular was the hardest level to get a Gold Relic for me, mainly due to the annoyance of hitting those propellers fast enough. I would tend to crash on the Bomber itself while firing, haha.