Frederick's waifu?

Fleurette

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On my first playthrough, I left Frederick forever alone because, plain and simple, I don't like him. That's all the reason I'll ever need. I simply paired Sumia up with Gaius, and Cordelia with my Avatar (OTP right here, man).

But if I absolutely HAD to pair up Freddy with either Sumia or Cordelia, I'd sooner go with Sumia. It just seems like a more interesting pairing and it gives Cynthia...well, options, to say the least.

In fairness to Frederick x Cordelia, the truth is they're both just settling for someone other than Chrom.

THIS. I like to pair Cordeila with Vaike, myself, so they can form the Chrom Fanclub together plus it's an OTP of mine. Plus, this way, Severa's comment about her mother picking Chrom over her can apply to both her parents!

I wouldn't pair Frederick with anyone, though. Not a fan.

Cordelia isn't boring, per se; she just has a case of Mary Sue-itis.

Looking at Micaiah, Cordelia isn't Mary Sue at all.

I felt like choking Micaiah in Part 3. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Didn't it take her like 15 times to get it right though?

But she got Chrom's heart with the pies. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Back to topic

Between the two, I'd say Sumia.

Actually I kinda reluctant to pair anyone with Cordelia other than Chrom, which is impossible, it seems like some rebound I guess?

Especially after Severa said "Chrom this Chrom that" or something like that. It seems like even after had Severa, she still have some feelings for Chrom.

...tough my Fred wed Cherche.

Appearance-wise I'd say they look good together. laugh.gif

and he got to father Gerome.

And black-haired Gerome. Awesome.

Edited by Fairlee

Well, different people find different characters interesting and boring. I like Miriel and Laurent in FE13 but most people don't give a whit about them. And in FE7 I like Rath although a lot of people are indifferent at best towards him. It's just preference.

I fully support your preference. =p

The lack of love for Freddy Bear here makes me sad, but hey, you can't win 'em all.

I feel the same everywhere I go for Lyon; no one I know seems to appreciate the genius behind this character. He's still the best tragic villain for me in Fire Emblem.

(Though, then again, Grima wasn't exactly threatening to steal the position this time around. Ashnard was a better villain and he only got off his evil throne of doom once in the whole game to do something...)

Look on the bright side, means more Frederick for you. =P

Haha, that is true. I do still enjoy meeting fans that like the same characters or such that I do though. :)

Well, different people find different characters interesting and boring. I like Miriel and Laurent in FE13 but most people don't give a whit about them. And in FE7 I like Rath although a lot of people are indifferent at best towards him. It's just preference.

I haven't seen Fredrick's supports with Cordelia yet, but I read his supports with Sumia. It ... kind of made me not like her even more. Can she do anything right?

Yeah. There isnt too much love for Virion and hes my favorite in this game. I also really love me some Miriel.

With Fred, im pretty ambivalent. No love, no hate. Sumia got with him last run. Cynthia turned out pretty cool with Luna and Wyvern Rider/Lord.

I SO knew you were going to like Virion too, Florina. I mean, he just seemed like your kinda character. lol

I'm not sure I've read Fred's supports with Cordelia myself, though, actually. EDIT: Yeah, nope, I haven't. They're not in the support thread yet. xP

Edited by Anacybele

I SO knew you were going to like Virion too, Florina. I mean, he just seemed like your kinda character. lol

I'm not sure I've read Fred's supports with Cordelia myself, though, actually. EDIT: Yeah, nope, I haven't. They're not in the support thread yet. xP

Har. He totally is. You probably guessed id be pretty down with Henry and Tharja too i bet. ;):

I had really no inkling you'd get so attached to Frederick. I thought you'd dig yourself some Chrom because nice guy lord who kicks ass and junk.

Har. He totally is. You probably guessed id be pretty down with Henry and Tharja too i bet. ;):

I had really no inkling you'd get so attached to Frederick. I thought you'd dig yourself some Chrom because nice guy lord who kicks ass and junk.

Nah, I hadn't gotten them yet at the time. And yeah, loving Freddy so much was a surprise to me too. I thought I was going to really really like Chrom because he seems to be somewhat based off of Ike, but I just didn't dig him as much as I thought. Don't get me wrong, I still think he's cool. Just not as cool as I originally thought he'd be. He's probably my third favorite lord after Ike and Ephraim.

But Frederick, yeah, I've never liked a Jagen as much as I love him (though I do like Seth and Titania), so it definitely was unexpected. lol