I Have an OoT Cart

Liz

I got mine so early the gold carts weren't even out yet. I'm not even sure how that's possible but it has the chanting in it and red blood.

Luck of the draw. That stuff was edited out prior to release, there were just cartridges from an earlier build that were released alongside the others.

I think (but I'm not completely sure) that all the gold cards are edited.

You can overwrite read-only memory? Or are you talking about the saves?

I also I referred to "my" OoT cart, but I never said I actually have it. All my awesome original N64 carts are with my brothers. -_-

Luck of the draw. That stuff was edited out prior to release, there were just cartridges from an earlier build that were released alongside the others.

There are a handful of V1.0 gold carts, but they're fairly uncommon.

But then again, nothing's stopping anyone from swapping guts between a grey and gold cart.

actually, the gold carts are the earliest release carts since they're the ones you got if you preordered the game, so they're unedited. some gray ones managed to be released unedited too (this is the cart that i have, BTW). then later releases had all the edits, including most of the grey carts in N64 and every other re-release of the game for the other systems.