What Female-Only Skill to Pass to...Anyone?

128 members have voted

1. 1. GO

• Speed+2
    • Relief
    • Rally Speed
    • Lancefaire
    • Rally Movement
    • Galeforce
    • Resistance+2
    • Demoiselle
    • Rally Resistance
    • Dual Support+
  2. 2. Hmm might as well

• Biorhythm Skills
    • Bane Skills

I see your point. Considering I'll probably pass Galeforce down to Severa, Lucina, and Inigo (and maybe even Owain), then I guess that a turn like "Severa kills an enemy. Galeforce activates, and Gerome kills someone" could be really good. Besides, +15 Crt could be really could on Severa (as I planned to give her an awesome forged weapon with good crits like Eirika's Blade to make a good use of Armsthrift, but that's not the right place to talk about it). Well, that's better than Demoiselle, at least ^^' (Well, I think...)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back because I woke up at 3PM and missed a test and now I'm mad screw this nerd life

I need to rage at something now

This video proves that it's winnable without it!

Goodness this video has like 4 parts no thank you.

Also, You know who's winnable without using the Falchion? All versions of Grima.

Thing is it doesn't make Galeforce less useful because you can do the DLC in less without it. You can do it in less a hassle with Galeforce, now can't you?

Actually I can't really tell because I don't think either of us has the Japanese version.

:/

Which makes me wonder why we're putting such weight on this DLC *as of yet* to begin with.

I voted Duel Support+. As it does save you from taking a blow from them whenever it activates as your likely not going to survive more than 1-3 blows there without maxed stats/Rally boosts.

You're thinking Support Block+/Dual Guard+ ...

Sure that chapter isn't debateable as you have to pay for it! But it wouldn't be any fun if we don't ever participate in it either.

I don't understand what you're trying to say...

The vid I posted is proven that it can be done without it! It at least will require alot of Rally bots+Ignis+Vengence+Luna skills and forges to have it winnable, period!

You sure do love to hammer that video as proof. ._.

Rally bots help many DLC and non-DLC strategies, nobody discredited them here.

Ignis, Vengeance, Luna, Sol, Astra, Aether, and Lethality don't activate with each other, by the way.

[random correction]Apparently Aether activates with Astra for some random reason though, or Doofina is lying to me.[/random correction]

The hardest part will require Miracle. It's not winnable without it.

...Oooooookay

Dark Fliers are the scum of the earth. Promoting Sumia or Cordelia to that class cripples their stats to the point they can only 8RKO enemies when they would've 1RKO'd as a Falconknight. And don't even think of class changing a mage to Dark Flier because it never works. Ever. And Galeforce is worthless postgame because there is a strategy that don't involve it in The Strongest One's Name.

This is incorrect.

Dark Flier promotion bonuses will not make them slow down enough to become worthless Lance-wielders, and any half-decent str pair up can make them good enough to 1RKO everything necessary. In Hard Mode, it's easy enough in pre-Valm and you get much more EXP than you do in Normal Mode, and in Normal Mode you get more mileage to begin with. Though, more than one Dark Flier is usually superfluous for that purpose, MU not withstanding.

Galeforce is appreciated in the maingame to reach the victory conditions faster. Whether many of the later chapters are "Defeat boss" missions, you can clear much faster, without worrying as much about EPs and enemy reinforcements with Galeforce, even with the map as large as it is.

Hard Mode stat issues shouldn't exist until lategame where you should be at your second promoted class (which usually means Falcoknight with Galeforce for the pegasus knight you're using), even in an LTC pace, unless you're in Lunatic or some.

I could link to many of the older draft runs where Galeforce was allowed (hint: Galeforce, Dark Flier!Avatar, and rescuechaining are usually banned in recent drafts for a reason), but apparently a lot of the recent FE13 tiering revolves around an undefined "brisk pace" where apparently they're worthless, so I don't know what else to say to you as I'm not familiar with that.

Galeforce shouldn't be, by any stretch of thought, worthless in postgame just because there's a more RNG-reliant way to beat the DLC, either.

I don't use Galeforce much in casual runs, but I know its value is there.

Wasn't this topic about inheriting Female-only skills though uhhh UHH

Yes Dual Support+ is good, or if you have enough confidence in your supports and positioning I'd wager Demoiselle would do the job better. I don't see much use for Rally Resistance considering everyone and their dog attacks defence, relatively speaking. The mage density in this game is pretty low, even in most DLC. I can see Lancefaire being worthy, though most of the kids that inherit it don't really want it or can get it on their own fast enough...

Rally Speed/Movement are good rallies, Rally Movement tends to help more in the maingame in the larger chapters, while Speed is useful all around, I think.

Oh god why is this a wall of text.

This is the worst Tuesday ever.

what the

did this fool really try arguing that Dual Support+ helps Dual Attacks/Dual Guards, therefore it's good?

it doesn't actually do that, so unless that 5 hit/crit/avo actually saved anyone (yeah right), then no

also putting more than one of Astra/Aether/Sol/Luna/Ignis/Vengeance is stupid, why would you even do that when you could slot another skill that actually does something

lastly to the other guy, if you think Falcon Knight vs Dark Flier is ORKO vs 8RKO.........i've got beachfront property in Nebraska to sell you

Edited by shadykid

I'll be honest. I gave Galeforce to every 1st Gen girl I could give it to because the skill description made it sound pretty awesome haha. Then I passed it to their kids whenever possible. I'm playing at Hard-Classic and it's been pretty useful, especially in main story where it's possible to 1HKO a lot of enemy units without having to equip anything higher than Steel (In my experience anyway! I did grind quite heavily though because I wanted my skill roster for all characters to be as diverse as I could make it. Plus I was completing supports xD)

I can see where Galeforce's usefulness dies though. In situations where 1HKO is harder to achieve, such as Lunatic+ where units are packing Pavise+ and Aegis+ you sort of want to stay away from it I guess? To call it a useless skill altogether is pretty harsh though, since it's pretty situational D:

I don't really regret passing on Galeforce to my 2nd Gen units because I personally found it to be more valuable than the other skills on the female-only list. But it's more personal preference than anything haha.

I'll be honest. I gave Galeforce to every 1st Gen girl I could give it to because the skill description made it sound pretty awesome haha. Then I passed it to their kids whenever possible. I'm playing at Hard-Classic and it's been pretty useful, especially in main story where it's possible to 1HKO a lot of enemy units without having to equip anything higher than Steel (In my experience anyway! I did grind quite heavily though because I wanted my skill roster for all characters to be as diverse as I could make it. Plus I was completing supports xD)

I can see where Galeforce's usefulness dies though. In situations where 1HKO is harder to achieve, such as Lunatic+ where units are packing Pavise+ and Aegis+ you sort of want to stay away from it I guess? To call it a useless skill altogether is pretty harsh though, since it's pretty situational D:

I don't really regret passing on Galeforce to my 2nd Gen units because I personally found it to be more valuable than the other skills on the female-only list. But it's more personal preference than anything haha.

It's not the best skill, but it makes the game easier! It's actually an asset. =P

Some folks prefer to try the game without it! ^^

Edited by ポーラ

Maybe I'm missing this but you guy's do realize that you can equip skills, you aren't ya know, written in stone for them. Gale force is good for when your characters can infarct Ko enemies in one turn (two including olivia but besides the point). If you can't Galeforce could be replaced by something that gives your character more beef in what area they are lacking. Call me crazy but I believe that is in fact, the intention of the skill editing system dry.gif

Maybe I'm missing this but you guy's do realize that you can equip skills, you aren't ya know, written in stone for them. Gale force is good for when your characters can infarct Ko enemies in one turn (two including olivia but besides the point). If you can't Galeforce could be replaced by something that gives your character more beef in what area they are lacking. Call me crazy but I believe that is in fact, the intention of the skill editing system dry.gif

I think the argument is more about whether it's worth passing down to one of the male children over one of the other female-exclusive skills... Or at least it was before that whole mess broke out.

Edited by Alg

I think some people are missing that Galeforce on a male unit is waaaaay stronger tahn on a female one if you get access to a certain DLC map, since males can access the Dread Fighter, giving the Aggresor skill, which will give them a great boost of power when needed to activate Galeforce. They won't get the bonus during the enemy phase, but you don't really care about it since you should be playing in an aggresive way more than in a defensive one. It's not just the skill, but how you combine it that counts. A great skillset for a melee ofensive unit could be:

• Agressor: since you'll be attacking with it to kill things fast.
  • Counter: since you attack physically, your enemy will suffer reflected damage.
  • Ignis/Luna: damage increaser. I'd pick Ignis over Luna since you'll usually be able to make more damage (it's easier to make your strength/magic stay high than look for enemy tanks to deal additional damage).
  • Lifetaker: recovers dagame taken after taking down an enemy, which is what this build is intended to do.
  • Galeforce: kill two for the price of one...

This is with the available skills at the moment. Eventually you may want to switch Counter and Lifetaker with Limit Break and a weapon faire skill to rely less on the enemy accuracy.

I think some people are missing that Galeforce on a male unit is waaaaay stronger tahn on a female one if you get access to a certain DLC map, since males can access the Dread Fighter, giving the Aggresor skill, which will give them a great boost of power when needed to activate Galeforce. They won't get the bonus during the enemy phase, but you don't really care about it since you should be playing in an aggresive way more than in a defensive one.

Just as I thought. But I think that this combination is only possible for Owain, Inigo and Male Morgan, isn't it ? Then I guess that it makes Galeforce even more worth passing down...

Just as I thought. But I think that this combination is only possible for Owain, Inigo and Male Morgan, isn't it ? Then I guess that it makes Galeforce even more worth passing down...

Brady can as well.

Brady as well.

Just that they work with reclassing?

That was my only reason.

Hell, between Bio and Bane I'll (generally) take Bio for the once-in-a-lifetime it's useful as a not bunny or dragon.

Edited by Integrity

That was my only reason.

Hell, between Bio and Bane I'll (generally) take Bio for the once-in-a-lifetime it's useful as a not bunny or dragon.

edit: nvm, this post is pointless

actually, what are we evaluating bio/bane skills for? regular usage or (lol) inheritence

Edited by shadykid

I always try to pass down Galeforce to my children but when that skill is not available I'll pass down a healing skill of some sort, be it Lifetaker or Renewal.

I find Galeforce to be pretty useful, there have been a number of times where I needed to kill someone and heal another unit with only one person left to move, so in that situation I would rather have the ability to kill the enemy and then heal who needs healing instead of only being able to heal and hope the enemy doesn't get a crit when they attack. And in the case of my last unit able to move is surrounded by long range enemies such as archers or sorcerers with that long range magic whose name escapes me and my unit is low on health it comes in handy to be able to kill off an enemy and then heal my unit after Galeforce activates.

I don't have access to the final DLC yet so I can't take a stance on its usefulness with my team but from the video I watched of someone actually beating it they were only able to do it with Galeforce and rally skills so my stance is that I would pass Galeforce whenever I can and if it proves ineffective well I'll just have to go grind for some other useful skill available to my unit .

Edited by forte

I think some people are missing that Galeforce on a male unit is waaaaay stronger tahn on a female one if you get access to a certain DLC map, since males can access the Dread Fighter, giving the Aggresor skill, which will give them a great boost of power when needed to activate Galeforce. They won't get the bonus during the enemy phase, but you don't really care about it since you should be playing in an aggresive way more than in a defensive one. It's not just the skill, but how you combine it that counts. A great skillset for a melee ofensive unit could be:

• Agressor: since you'll be attacking with it to kill things fast.
  • Counter: since you attack physically, your enemy will suffer reflected damage.
  • Ignis/Luna: damage increaser. I'd pick Ignis over Luna since you'll usually be able to make more damage (it's easier to make your strength/magic stay high than look for enemy tanks to deal additional damage).
  • Lifetaker: recovers dagame taken after taking down an enemy, which is what this build is intended to do.
  • Galeforce: kill two for the price of one...

This is with the available skills at the moment. Eventually you may want to switch Counter and Lifetaker with Limit Break and a weapon faire skill to rely less on the enemy accuracy.

You gotta admit, though, this sounds like the stuff that requires selective breeding to get, aside from male Morgan - Owain would have to have Ricken or male Avatar as the father, and ditto for Inigo (Brady has more liberty as to who can father him as to get all that).

Edited by Levant Fortner