What's your favorite lord's personal weapon?

MarckCaesar

Favorite weapon?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Rapier equivalent/Early weapon

• Marth's Rapier
    • Alm's Royal Sword
    • Sigurd's Silver Sword (on Sigurd)
    • Sigurd's Silver Sword (on Seliph/Celice)
    • Leif's Lightsword
    • Roy's Rapier
    • Lyn's Mani Katti
    • Eliwood's Rapier
    • Hector's Wolf Beil
    • Eirika's Rapier
    • Ephraim's Reginleif
    • Ike's Regal Sword
    • Micaiah's Thani
    • Ike's Ettard
    • Chrom's Sealed Falchion
  2. 2. Falchion equivalent

• Falchion (Marth)
    • Falchion (Alm)
    • Ragnarok (Celica)
    • Tyrfing (Sigurd)
    • Tyrfing (Seliph/Celice)
    • Blaggi Sword (Leif)
    • Sword of Seals (Roy)
    • Sol Katti (Lyn)
    • Durandal (Eliwood)
    • Armads (Hector)
    • Sieglinde (Eirika)
    • Siegmund (Ephraim)
    • Ragnell (Ike)
    • Exalted Falchion (Chrom)
    • Parallel Falchion (Lucina)
    • Urvan (Ike)

Leif's Light Sword all day everyday. 12 might, 2 range, 60 uses and able to restore Leif to full HP for the cost of one use. It's only flaw is that if you want to get the most out of it you gotta wait until Leif gets 10 build.
For Ultimate weapons, Seliph's Tyrfing because 30 might and can use it longer than Sigurd can.

Edited by Zelos

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Rapier equivalent, it's Reginleif. It's so awesome and has a cool name.

For final weapon, definitely Durandal. Who cares if Eliwood doesn't have enough con? I give him both Body Rings to lighten the load. The hugeness is too good to pass up.

But aren't there like.... a better user for those rings?

I dunno, 2 Ring on Eliwood seems like a waste, but then again i give them to Isadora.....

And speaking of Dragon Slaying weapon, i just remembered that FE1 Falchion is only super effective against Medeus

i was going to vote "rapier" and leave it super ambiguous but apparently you did gud job and differentiated them

so instead i voted sigurd sword because fuck everything (who needs buyable rapiers when you can just fix the first one forever and get 50 crit on the thing)

for ultimate i think i voted tyrfing because +20 res is hilarious against endgame bosses

For final weapon, definitely Durandal. Who cares if Eliwood doesn't have enough con? I give him both Body Rings to lighten the load. The hugeness is too good to pass up.

That is an option, though you gotta admit, there are better candidates for the Body Rings than Eli. And without them, Durandal's just too heavy to even consider using.

Yeah not giving Eliwood the body rings when Isadora uses them better for most of the game and Athos+Luna exists as an option for if you wanna save them for final

Hector hits dragon fine and honestly I don't find Sol Katti that bad because Lyn herself is fast enough to double naturally even with the weight and the crit helps (or at least unless she's untrained or speed screwed horribly she won't be doubled) while Eliwood is liable to get doubled without some help. Durandal is so much better on Rutger than on Eliwood.

Also Silver Sword Seliph edition because chances are it's probably got that critical from Sigurd gen but it's great on Sigurd too considering he has to kill fuckers at least 50 times to get that crit for Seliph

And Tyrfing Seliph edition because he just lols at endgame magicfest with it

Edited by Thor Odinson

...I am literally the only person that voted for Ettard? I am sad. D:

Sure, it doesn't have any special effects or anything, but I thought it had a kickass design! :P

...I am literally the only person that voted for Ettard? I am sad. D:

Sure, it doesn't have any special effects or anything, but I thought it had a kickass design! :P

Ettard is kinda useless, as if I remember correctly you can forge a steel sword and make it stronger than Ettard.

Edited by Zelos

On the bright side, Ettard is as durable as an Iron Sword. I'm pretty sure that's nothing to sneeze at.

Indeed, that's one way to look at it. Another way I see it that it allows me to give Steel Blades and forges to someone else, since Ike wouldn't really need them.

Edited by Levant Fortner

First specialty weapon? Mani Katti wins hands down for actually having a backstory and just being cool.

Ultimate specialty weapon winner is currently Lucina's Parallel Falchion for having unlimited uses, great stats and presence in over half the game.

Yeah not giving Eliwood the body rings when Isadora uses them better for most of the game and Athos+Luna exists as an option for if you wanna save them for final

Hector hits dragon fine and honestly I don't find Sol Katti that bad because Lyn herself is fast enough to double naturally even with the weight and the crit helps (or at least unless she's untrained or speed screwed horribly she won't be doubled) while Eliwood is liable to get doubled without some help. Durandal is so much better on Rutger than on Eliwood.

My issue with the Sol Katti is that it has the weight of a steel blade, and isn't powerful enough to warrant being so heavy - it's weaker than a silver sword, which also has significantly less weight, and the crit doesn't really make up for it.

The weight really doesn't affect Lyn as much as Eliwood is the thing. She's just that much faster than him that she's much more likely to avoid getting doubled at the very least (20/3 or the equivalent on average and she's good in the speed department) and even double the dragon back. On paper Durandal seems statistically better, but when put in the context of their users, it actually hurts Eliwood unless he's at a fairly high level. And I mean who the fuck uses Sol Katti to hit things that isn't Fire Dragon anyway it's like one chapter's existence

While AthosLuna is definitely the fastest way to go about the dragon (unless the fucker procs 40 atk) the Lyn I had on my last file was able to do 8x2 with critrates around ~24 (she got a bit lucky with strength procs, though, and had a Hector C) and given both attacks connects that's (.24*(1-.24))*2+.24^2 which is around 42% chance to crit at least once. 16 on the dragon isn't terribly good but it's something, and 32 damage is around what hector does with Armads. She has a chance, though a much lower one, to do 48 damage total, which is more than 1/3 of the dragon's health. On average she may do a bit less (or not depending on what supports she grabbed along the way, I heard Florina isn't a bad one to do) and while it's nothing spectacular like Tyrfing or Ragnell IMO it's better than what people give it credit for and I'd argue it's better than Durandal in practice.

Meanwhile Eliwood would probably want those body rings to use Durandal effectively because he doesn't have a ton of extra speed to make up for the 7 AS loss he takes from it, and Isadora uses them better during most of the storyline and if you're deadbent on saving both of them for your dragonkiller, Athos hits 13 con with them, loses no AS to Luna, and does a nice 30x2 on the dragon. There's probably a few others that would benefit more from the rings than Eliwood, as well.

Since it seems I'm the reason why everyone is now discussing body rings and Eliwood, let me make something clear: I don''t really care if there are better candidates for the body rings. The ridiculous hugeness of Durandal is too awesome to pass up for me, efficiency be damned.

The weight really doesn't affect Lyn as much as Eliwood is the thing. She's just that much faster than him that she's much more likely to avoid getting doubled at the very least (20/3 or the equivalent on average and she's good in the speed department) and even double the dragon back. On paper Durandal seems statistically better, but when put in the context of their users, it actually hurts Eliwood unless he's at a fairly high level. And I mean who the fuck uses Sol Katti to hit things that isn't Fire Dragon anyway it's like one chapter's existence

While AthosLuna is definitely the fastest way to go about the dragon (unless the fucker procs 40 atk) the Lyn I had on my last file was able to do 8x2 with critrates around ~24 (she got a bit lucky with strength procs, though, and had a Hector C) and given both attacks connects that's (.24*(1-.24))*2+.24^2 which is around 42% chance to crit at least once. 16 on the dragon isn't terribly good but it's something, and 32 damage is around what hector does with Armads. She has a chance, though a much lower one, to do 48 damage total, which is more than 1/3 of the dragon's health. On average she may do a bit less (or not depending on what supports she grabbed along the way, I heard Florina isn't a bad one to do) and while it's nothing spectacular like Tyrfing or Ragnell IMO it's better than what people give it credit for and I'd argue it's better than Durandal in practice.

Meanwhile Eliwood would probably want those body rings to use Durandal effectively because he doesn't have a ton of extra speed to make up for the 7 AS loss he takes from it, and Isadora uses them better during most of the storyline and if you're deadbent on saving both of them for your dragonkiller, Athos hits 13 con with them, loses no AS to Luna, and does a nice 30x2 on the dragon. There's probably a few others that would benefit more from the rings than Eliwood, as well.

True. Though I'd generally go for raw damage against the dragon.

Since it seems I'm the reason why everyone is now discussing body rings and Eliwood, let me make something clear: I don''t really care if there are better candidates for the body rings. The ridiculous hugeness of Durandal is too awesome to pass up for me, efficiency be damned.

Well, at least Durandal has a kickass critical animation, if nothing else, I'll admit that much.

I frankly hated most of the final personal weapons from FE7, and killed the dragon with Lyn and the absurdly heavy Sol Katti and a surprisingly tanky Erk, who for some reason always caps his defense, among other things, when I play that game, which has made him one of my eternal favorites.

Body rings usually go to Lyn to counter the ridiculous weight of that weapon.

As for favorite things, I've gotta go with the classic Falchion because of its healing, which with Marth's defense is perfect.

And Thani, of course, because it makes Micaiah even more efficient than she already is when dealing with the armored units.

As for my favorite Prf weapon of all time, I have to go with the Florette. That sword is so powerful, and a good Mist makes it extremely useful.

Edited by Maria's Bro

^ Implying Marth's defense in FE1 is not perfect

His defense was so perfect that unless you are an archer or a healer, you are safe just by standing around him, even with like..... 1 HP.

Overpowered Lord are overpowered

Also last i checked, the Fire Dragon actually ignored defense so your Erk technically only need 41+ HP to fight the dragon. Correct me if im wrong tho

^ Implying Marth's defense in FE1 is not perfect

His defense was so perfect that unless you are an archer or a healer, you are safe just by standing around him, even with like..... 1 HP.

Overpowered Lord are overpowered

Also last i checked, the Fire Dragon actually ignored defense so your Erk technically only need 41+ HP to fight the dragon. Correct me if im wrong tho

I'm sorry, I definitely meant Marth's defense in Shadow Dragon, where it is rather average in my humble opinion. I haven't had the luxury of playing the original.

And you're quite right of course, I just like to dote on my dear mage.

• 3 weeks later...