Fire Emblem Awakening Confessions!

Now that most of us have the game and the Europeans are getting their demos and junk, lets have a round of embarrassing confessions surrounding the game and its characters and stuff!

Let us begin!

My very first run, i had my Avatar marry Virion based solely on his appearance. :B

Despite me being into this series since FE7 came out and stuff, and me being VERY accustomed to the Final Death mechanic, CASUAL MODE ALL DAY ERRYDAY!!! Casual mode rocks my smallclothes due to relieving the stress factor of losing my guys. Balls hard fight happening and its on the ropes for the opposing team? And SOMEONE DIES? No restarting! WooooooooooooOoOp. Got a perfect level up on Sumia whos been hurtin' for procs? AND SOMEONE DIES? No restarting! Keepin' that level up. Something seems really sticky? Send out Frederick to act as the decoy. Sure he may "die" but i will win the chapter/DLC! Counter up in my business? Its all good. Casual mode baby!

To add to the above, because of Casual mode, i find Hard mode to be really fun due to it not being too easy overall, but not having to worry too much about peeps dying.

Normal mode/Casual is way too easy. Normal mode/Classic is actually hella easy too.

Im on my fifth run due to all the DLC/Spotpass extras coming out and me trying out new combos/pairings and stuff.

Maribelle grew on me in the worst way. I adore her now.

Yarne is the same story.

Cordelia made it to my shit list due to not just producing a horribly insecure tsundere child, but also for being rather meh most of the time as a unit.

I use Logs like they are going out of style.

I tend to grind. Hard.

I am now building a team just to deal with Rogues and Redeemers.

Part of me wants to try Lunatic.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've accidentally deleted my main save twice now. The second one had all the children characters and MU (Jewel) maxed and knowing all tier 2 skills available to them (+Vantage, Armsthrift and Locktouch if possible). Now for my third one my avatar is named Lil B and I rehired Jewel from run 2 to make this super fast. I need to pay more attention before starting a special run.

Edited by #based

My brother doesn't know who anyone is aside from Chrom and his Avatar.

And he skips ALL of the story. He only found out what the deal with Marth was after I told him to read the story after a certain chapter.

so much disappoint

Oh yeah.

I grind a lot. Cherche, Cordelia and Olivia bug me. Ricken and Donnel can go eat a ham. Why did I pair Ricken with Maribelle. Libra could have been married by now and I will feel terrible for whoever I pair Cordelia with.

Cherche is kind of a wimp. Oh how scary, you'll make Minerva eat me.

Donnel is one of my favorites. Not just because he can turn into a Murder Machine, but mostly because his bumpkin attitude just is adorable. "I WANNA DO ALL THE THINGS! dum dee do..."

I think the whole Gerome=Batman thing is stupid, he's obviously Nightwing. Lon'qu is more Batman than he is.

I hate how some people call Walhart, Walmart. Really? You think you're clever? You aren't. Cripes.

Olivia is the only Dancer I'll ever field/use. She sparkles and she's kind of cute. Deep man voice in crits.

General >>>>>>> Grandmaster

I abandoned my hard file because Ricken kept dying in his starting chapter. Yeah, I would have benched him if he survived, but still.

I benched Lissa.

Paladins bore me.

I used Tiki as pair up fodder for Anna. Nowi spoiled me.

Pair Up is unneeded in Normal, but I can't stop using it help.

Chrom/Sumia is my favorite Chrom pairing.

It irks me that people still whine about Nowi.

Galeforce has many bed mates.

I feel better.

I agree with Leafeon that Gerome moreso reminds me of Nightwing than Batman. lol

Anyway, I don't have much to confess, but here goes. xP

I like Cordelia and feel bad for her at times. I'm glad she can get a man at all to help her pain. It isn't her fault IS screwed up and didn't have her Chrom-related lines change after she gets married. I can relate to this girl so much too. She's so underappreciated just because she's talented and aches for love. Unrequited love is not easy to deal with. I should know, I've had to go through it a lot.

Meanwhile, I hate Sumia and I plan to bench her once I get Cynthia, who seems cooler. She can hardly do anything right, and is stupid, annoying, and whiny. When she said in the shop "oh, you're spending money and it's all my fault!" I just went "Gods, shut up, stupid girl! Be glad you're getting anything!" >_>

I never expected to fall so in love with Frederick. No seriously. I've never liked Jagens this much. They could be cool (Titania's a cool girl and Seth is cool at times, not to mention hot lol) but they just didn't have truly lovable personalities and designs, imo. Until Freddy Bear. <3

I thought I would like Chrom more. I find him funny and awesome at times (I cracked up so hard my sides hurt after getting Brady lol), but for some reason, I just didn't grow to LOVE him like I do Ike or Frederick or Kieran. I guess he just kinda bored me at times too.

And that's really all I can think of.

Edited by Anacybele

Chrom kicked Ike out of the running as Top FE Lord and Top Male FE Character. Top Female goes to Emmeryn instead of Lucina because of how she impacted the story and how badass she is once you get her in Paralogue 20.

I made Spotpass!Ike even godlier than his Radiant Dawn self by making him into a Dread Fighter, have him almost maxed and give him Aether, Ignis, Resistance +10, Swordfaire and Aggressor. Spotpass!Mist intends to do the same into Bride. I currently have Miracle, Magic +2, Renewal, Healtouch and Rally Luck... I intend to get Lancefaire. Anything else you would suggest?

I intended to make my self!Avatar into a Sage in alternate files, but for some reason seeing myself kicking ass as a Valkyrie was worth having less magic... Ignis, Dual Support +, Tome Faire and Lifetaker, and soon to be Limit Breaker? Yeah, I'll be deadly in my Eowyn file!

Morgan as Chrom's son? He look completely like a younger him! Same to Inigo, but I haven't gotten him as Chrom's son yet.

FORGING WEAPONS IS AN ADDICTION. IT'S MY ANTI-DRUG.

I am totally planning to cosplay the Valkyrie outfit... with inspiration to the Ylissean Royal Family's designs for an actual Melanie, Cousin of Chrom deal-eo I'm doing. How I'm planning to get all of that together it my secret and a bit of a headache, but I'm planning to have it done in, oh, say a year.

Chrom's clothes are still a mystery to me. I still can't think it's a one-piece, because, er, what does he do when nature calls?

Brady is Kanji Tatsumi in disguise, I'll never accept anything else.

I really want to know more about Chrom and family's past. I have the feeling of Chrom's tendency of breaking things may have stem from his frustrations on being unable to help Emmeryn when she was attacked by her own people, so he would break things instead.

I've yet meet someone that I shouldn't despised if they weren't meant to be despised... Like Excellus? Hate him, but that was the intention, right?

I benched Lissa.

:angry: But...she rocks!!!

I actually am not amused as the Walhart/Walmart thing either. For some reason i call him Valhart. It actually seems like that should have been his name but the localizers were all "ehh..double yew."

Galeforce has many bed mates.

Indeed.

I paired up Nowi and Gregor and i found that support adorable.

I hate Tharja/Libra. Something about Libra is off in that convo. Sure statwise they'll create a great Noire but you never expected that a religious man like him WOULD turn into the dark arts out of selfishness. But seriously, he feels SAVED from it? Not feeling guilty or anything? I think he's commiting a sin there. That said, I love Libra though, only his supports with Tharja bug me.

I don't want to use Sorcerers because they have beyond horrendous outfits(dat Male). Sure they're broken, but I still won't use them(except for Tharja). They're also fawned over which makes me don't want to use them even more.

It kinda bugs me when people still say Cordelia has a crush on Chrom while she's already married. You know, you could've just referred 'him' as her husband, and Severa is just saying about that because she exaggerates too much.

Sages >>> Sorcerers, because thick bulky robes >>> tight translucent outfit, all day and erryday.

This game taught me how to dislike a ship(Tharja/Libra) and to ship romantic same-genders(Virion/Libra and Severa/Kjelle). I never experienced that before.

Male Morgan >>> Female Morgan. Male Morgan is cute and hilarious, while Female Morgan just looks awkward(don't really like the random strands of hair on the sides).

I like how Tharja and Olivia covers up their assests on the potraits. Something in there makes me a bit happy since they're not flaunting too much skin around(see Nowi).

Oh dear, this is getting good...

I play hard casual and feel like a god(except for counter warriors)

I reeeeeeeally like maribelle more now that I used her (her supports make her so much less of a [severa word])

I Don't even know why I am typing this.

Tharja.... why did IS make someone I want to like but have to hate?

Gerome is Nightwing.

I preordered like a boss.

I hire my former avatars with no feelings of guilt(the old me is awesome)

I did delete my main save once. I did not break my 3ds(self control)

Umm... I accidentally caused Incest once (Chrom x Olivia, MU x Lucina, Morgan x Inigo). It really was an accident.

I don't like Armads. It looks like an advertisement for Minecraft.

Walhart is good.

If I say anything else, I might actually become less evil, so that is it.

EDIT: I just got Owain Dark's name.(That's the poster below me)

Edited by Mason The Tactician

I wish I could marry Henry and Gaius without having to be a girl ._.

In my first file I married Cordelia and soon found myself guilty of liking one of my daughters better than the other. Severa over Morgan. There I said it!

I paid over $70 total to ship the game from the States after looking for it in vain for two weeks. Normally retails for $40. All because I prefer physical copies... worth it, but ouch.

I wish more characters got swimsuit scenes in the Bonds DLC... >_> As if this game wasn't fanservicey enough lol.

I like Cordelia and feel bad for her at times. I'm glad she can get a man at all to help her pain. It isn't her fault IS screwed up and didn't have her Chrom-related lines change after she gets married. I can relate to this girl so much too. She's so underappreciated just because she's talented and aches for love. Unrequited love is not easy to deal with. I should know, I've had to go through it a lot.

Agreed with you on Cordelia. I grew up being pressured to excel, and unrequited love seems like the most relatable thing out there. Who doesn't have a one-sided crush at some point? I was pretty surprised when it looked like quite a few people find her character flat and boring. Seemed to me like she was complicated and had endearing qualities, but to each their own, yeah?

I wish I could marry Henry and Gaius without having to be a girl ._.

I wish more characters got swimsuit scenes in the Bonds DLC... >_> As if this game wasn't fanservicey enough lol.

Sometimes I wish I could do that too. It's funny how some Supports are identical but result in completely different outcomes. So what if I'm playing a dude, I know who I like. With the swimsuit thing, that would be awful nice too. I'd be content with incredibly pale Henry, but imagine the sunburn he'd get.

Dunno how interesting my "confessions" will be but here goes. I was so excited to get Eirika and Ephraim that I briefly thought about what Supports would be like and would've married 'em...until I remembered that oh yeah they're DLC I can't. Woops.

I've lost my primary save file twice. Once by saving error, a second time when Nintend'oh had me convinced my copy was buggy and had me mail it in. It wasn't and they sent me a replacement anyhow. Still regaining Supports.

I like Severa. She's a tsundere that's heavy on the tsun but I found it didn't bother me because she's compensating for her minority complex and feelings of abandonment. Besides, she can be kind to others, it just seems like on some level she finds this to be a vulnerability. Based on her Supports with her parents, I got the impression she used her attitude as a defense mechanism to avoid further hurt.

I'll probably always wonder what's so different about JPN Henry. Never touched translations, nope.

Edited by blizzara

I was not aware that Chrom would marry at the end of Chapter 11 until right before the chapter. Because MU was at the highest after Sumia and I didn't want to support grind her when she was underleveled, I resorted to marrying Lon'qu. While I don't regret it because I like him, I wished that I could've had MU stay single longer to pimp out with other characters and fill the support log.

I did not know that you could switch around units when viewing the map pre-battle until I watched Rey's LP. So thanks dude.

I passed on Lifetaker to Morgan because I was too impatient for Galeforce. Later on, I found that the Dark Flier class worked well for FeMU and stuck to it. I also really like the costume design.

My favorite character is Stahl actually, both in gameplay and character. He was RNG blessed and a kickass Paladin/Swordmaster. I don't mind if people say he isn't as interesting as other units, but there's those subtle parts to his character that make him really attractive. Dat critical/skill cut in. His A support with MU warmed me immensely and is one of my favorites.

I have a MaMU file, and somehow he endears to me more than my FeMU. I kinda designed him as cute (medium, wide-eyed, lilac mullet.) But his supports somehow make me interpret him as the slightly snarky dork who fanboys over the dude characters.

The tiny feet don't bother me.

I laughed maniacally when I was finally able to get a copy of Awakening. Yup.

Also guilty for wanting more swimsuit/yukata scenes in the DLC.

I think Severa is the best character in the game. Period.

I think Sumia is the worst character in the entire Fire Emblem series.

I am also not fond of Lucina as I find her very obnoxious.

Awakening is the 1st Game I've tried Lunatic Mode in.

I find Lunatic incredibly difficult but Hard mode was a walk in the park.

I refuse to play casual ever on the principle that classic is the only real way to play.

I am incredibly inefficient in terms of turn counts because I don't like taking risks.

I own two copies of American version of Awakening because I bought the Special Edition and the Physical Game because I didn't like how the Special Edition was digital.

I bought a 3DS just for this game knowing I was only ever going to buy 1 or 2 more games for the handheld.

In my Hard/Classic File every male character other then Henry is a Dread Fighter and every female characters except for Lucina and Tharja are Brides. They also all have Paragon, equipped or not.

I generally don't name crafted weapons because I'm incredibly lame.

Tiny feet don't bother me either, hardly notice it.

In terms of the beach DLC, I'm only guilty of wishing Frederick got a scene in swim trunks. lol

I can just imagine him in a pair that have the same symbol on both sides that his armor has on the shoulder guards. And lying on a towel in the sand letting his muscular frame bathe in the sun. <3 Even though he doesn't actually relax much if at all. XD

Edited by Anacybele

This is some of my a bit of pervy-sounding confessions:

I wish to see Libra's body. Probably it'll be muscular enough to break the proof of him being looks like a woman laugh.gif not from the Sorcerer's outfit, of course dry.gif

Also, I wonder what Kjelle's abs looks like.

Edited by Pega-Pony Princess

I actually am not amused as the Walhart/Walmart thing either. For some reason i call him Valhart. It actually seems like that should have been his name but the localizers were all "ehh..double yew."

I have no idea how to properly quote something! Like Virion, I also call him Valhart. Walmart amuses me, but it was only funney for so long.

So I made a file on Lunatic, and I've only gotten to chapter two and suck at it. I haven't tried it again for weeks.

One reason I haven't tried it for weeks is because when I decided to make my lunatic file, it was 7am and a friend woke me up via text and my waking thoughts were to play FE. In my sleepy stupor I accidentally saved the new file over the one that I beat it with. I still don't remember doing it, but the fact is that my old file is gone and a lunatic file is in its place.

One time I fell asleep while playing, but I was dreaming that I was still playing. I woke up when I dropped my DS. It kinda sucked having to do those turns over again XD.

Oh my. This thread.

I actually find the tiny feet to be quite adorable.

Lissa has got to be the only cleric / little sister / arguable member of Maria's legacy that I can't seem to like. First it was her hair. Her voice being Kate Higgins (Sakura-chan) helped her gain a few points, as well as the cutscenes in chapter 2 and 8... But her design is average looking at best (Seriously, are those doilies? In her hair?) and her attitude in most of her supports is just obnoxious. And there's the fact that she has never done well for me, so much that she's benched for Maribelle without fail in every playthrough so far (the real member of Maria's archetype) and I think she may be one of the worst characters in the game (which usually doesn't stop me at all, as I use Maria religiously). I don't know what my problem is with her, but I plan to force my main MU to marry her in an alternate save to see if that helps.

I also like the Male sorcerer's see-through attire. That, and there caps has got to be one of the reasons MaleMU has been landed in one as his final destination, as he's been designed to look rather manly anyway.

I cry "Cynthia!" in an imitation of her voice whenever I select her. Which doesn't seem to get old. Miriel's selection quote is "Very gracious of you."

I always play Hard/Classic mode, as it's the only way to play - I have never played Normal or Casual - and I am currently doing my first Lunatic playthrough, since Hard was a walk in the park - and I am only allowing myself to use the family, as Female MU has married Chrom.

Chrom beat Ephraim out for my second favorite lord with his hilarity in DLC conversations, and his general integrity during storymode. Sorry Ephraim, you don't have a sense of humor.

I dislike most, if not all of the parents in this game. I find Sumia to be completely overdone and not endearing character, who shames everything Caeda worked for - and her scene where she creeps on Chrom and his wife meeting Lucina made me lose all respect for her. If you haven't noticed this, look for her in that scene in your next playthrough.

I try to ignore the whole Nowi thing to save my sanity as I try to get Nah. I dislike Tharja and Sully, and only their children save them from negligence.

I find Severa and Brady adorable as characters.

Oh, and I like Walhart so much that I had Female MU finally stop pimping out and marry him.

Edited by Maria's Bro

I actively play "Classual" (Read: I play Casual for saves).

I think Normal impugns my intelligence, but had more fun playing Normal than I did Hard.

I like the damn maps. (Exceptions: Mount Prism, Fort Steiger, Plegia Castle, and the Midmire... and SMASH BRETHEREN. (Endgame:Light is the worst map ever.)) By extension, Ch19 (Valm Castle Approach) is one of my favorite maps in the game.

I think the change to Rout/Defeat Boss/Rout while Protecting/Defeat Boss and Protect is actually good, and Tiki's Paralogue is the best "Defense" type chapter in the entire series.

I use way too much Astra/Vengeance.

I like Ricken. He reminds me of Azel who should've gotten a Spotpass instead of Arden. (And Midir should've gotten a Spotpass instead of Jamke.)

I think Galeforce and the "Galeforce Meta" is totally overrated.

I think Priam being Ike's descendant is probably one of the best things storywise to happen to the series, because Ike/Soren is just ****ing dumb.

I had a double-shields Nosferatu sorc with maxxed stats die to Camus on normal Rogues and Redeemers 1. As a result, I'm starting to think that the "lolNosferatu" thing is not what it's cracked up to be.

I find Sages to be better than Sorcs in almost every case. Shadowgift Sage is just absurd.

I don't see what's wrong with Micaiah's DLC art, other than like Seliph's, it doesn't match the Interface.

I don't really like too many of the second gen characters. I also think that Severa wearing enemy colors as a Hero is totally appropriate.

I don't really like Cordelia either.

I can't seem to not bench Cherche. Or Vaike. Looks like I'll never get Gerome.

I think Infinite Regalia is depressing, like WoW's Vault of Archavon tier depressing. No... it's more depressing than Vault of Archavon.

I would like to grind Deirdre, but she successfully makes me feel bad for doing so. Unless I solo her team with Sigurd.

In response to Ch9 giving me the "Silesse Civil War" vibes, I... keep going to IR, getting Valflame and giving a Battle of Belhalla vibe to the enemy on Ch10. I also will not attack Mustafa until I'm sure there are no more reinforcements left to turn to ash.

I think Noire is extremely cute, especially when she says "So tired..." after killing fools, but she's way too Horde for my liking.

I never found Emmeryn's survival to be strange. At all.

I don't see the point of Armsthrift once you have IR and Golden Gaffe.

I don't see the fear of Counter, but that's my tendancy to use Vantage/Vengeance/Wrath.

Confession time? Alright, we're gonna be here a while. [/cracks knuckles]

This is my first FE game, and I must say this: "Where have you been all of my life, Fire Emblem? WHERE?"

Currently, I'm playing Normal/Classic. Once I get more comfortable with the game, I'm going Hard/Classual.

I really like Chrom's character. At first, I thought he was going to be just another stoic royal, but he actually does have a broad range of emotions - I was impressed. Royals often have this air of being so above everything, emotions included, and that makes sympathizing and bonding with them difficult. Did not have the problem with Chrom. Gods, he is just too cute! I can gush about him all day.

But I won't. I'll spare you.

I want someone to make a Donny plushie so I can snuggle with him.

I'd want a Tharja plushie too, but I'm a little worried about being stalked.

Henry. Henry, Henry, Henry. I have a thing for sociopathic/psychotic characters. I've got a whole arsenal of them, actually. And Henry's a beautifully balanced combination of shamelessly cheery and shameless crazy. Although personally, my favorite expression of his is actually the worried one. It's adorable. And I'm glad he didn't get his dark personality deconstructed... I mean, he does have a pretty sad backstory, but it doesn't justify why he's like that. Which is awesome actually. So many people try to give their psycho characters awful backstories to mitigate their actions... so glad that's not the case with him.

More gushing! I'm like a battlefield after Chrom's gone through it. Srsly, that guy is ACE.

I actually LIKE Cordelia, but only because I made a mistake with her characterization. When I first saw her picture, I thought she was going to be a fiery, confident, tough-as-nails woman to counter the constant stumbling that is our beloved (to some) Stumbles. So whenever I actually met the cast, I was kind of shocked to see otherwise. But for some reason the idea of Cordelia being a hot-head didn't fade away - I think of her as having a serious temper problem, she just stifles it, and uses her rage creatively by channeling it into her hobbies. So now it's no longer "I'm good at so many times without seriously working at it." It's "I'm good at so many things because if I don't work at it, I'll probably turn into the halidom's worst nightmare.

Wait. Have - have I just... justified... Severa? ACK, I TAKE IT BACK.

Kidding. Severa doesn't bug me THAT bad. Her voice grates me at times and she does come off as an insensitive brat, but there's a sweet side buried underneath that very prickly exterior. Severa = Asuka

I wish Gaius was real. Forget the plushie, I wanna snuggle HIM. tongue.gif

SUMMER OF BONDS. Both my waifu's are featured in the fanservice? Yes please. Although I wish they'd added Henry and Libra. And some of the second gen kids.

Whenever Ricken Dual Guards against a flying unit, his hat blocks the attack. I want that hat.

My favorite 2nd generation character is Inigo. Just just - GYAHH. OliviaI'mkidnappingyourchild. [/grabs Inigo and run]

My favorite 2nd generation character is Inigo. Just just - GYAHH. OliviaI'mkidnappingyourchild. [/grabs Inigo and run]

One of my Avatars has something to say about you touching his boy. *heats up with Thorhammer Agressor Wrath All Stats+12 Astra combo*

One of my Avatars has something to say about you touching his boy. *heats up with Thorhammer Agressor Wrath All Stats+12 Astra combo*

Okay, okay, okay, I am totally picking a god and praying. [/flee!]

This is some of my a bit of pervy-sounding confessions:

I wish to see Libra's body. Probably it'll be muscular enough to break the proof of him being looks like a woman laugh.gif not from the Sorcerer's outfit, of course dry.gif

Yeah me too. [/naughty] Given Libra's height, i find it unlikely that he's a string bean. I think its the big floppy robes that hide so much that peeps would assume hes a lady. Hes not like Lucius who appears to have dem child bearing hips.

I dislike most, if not all of the parents in this game. I find Sumia to be completely overdone and not endearing character, who shames everything Caeda worked for - and her scene where she creeps on Chrom and his wife meeting Lucina made me lose all respect for her. If you haven't noticed this, look for her in that scene in your next playthrough.

This only happens if Maribelle marries Chrom. I actually paired those two up and really paid attention to that scene and there she was. The Ghosting Sumia of Creepiness. I dont get why its only Maribelle... But i do admit, it was off putting.

More confessions from me!

Tharja is one of my favorite lady characters in the game and one of my favorite lady characters in the series. I find her just hilarious.

I like Female Morgs' design much more than Male Morgs. Male Morgan has the derpiest face, omg.

mark2.jpg

Just look at the derp! [/Virion voice]

I have to admit that im probably not gonna pair up Frederick with anyone ever again. Man my latest Laurent took a hit in the stats after Froderick fathered him. Ouuuuchhh.... (and Fred was like level 16! what the shit!) Sorry, Anacybele.

I actually dont like the thief/trickster class. I like Locktouch but i dont give a snot for the rest of the package.

I rarely ever use bows in this game.

I like Astra too much so peeps all over the place have it.

Severa = Asuka

I hated Asuka too. A lot.

had a double-shields Nosferatu sorc with maxxed stats die to Camus on normal Rogues and Redeemers 1. As a result, I'm starting to think that the "lolNosferatu" thing is not what it's cracked up to be.

I think the whole Nosferatu thing is hella overrated and hardly a failsafe. I do not see whats so broken about that.

Ive come to really like the Bride class but it still pisses me off. But the reason is because they cant use tomes. lol