Serge's Pairing Polls Part 2: Elincia!

105 members have voted

1. 1. Best pairing for Elincia?

• Elincia X Ike
    • Elincia X Geoffrey

Geoffry/Elincia all the way. It's such a cute pairing, and it's not a Lord/Peg-Knight pairing, which I hate with an intense passion. That, and I never saw any indication that Ike saw Elincia as more than a friend. Their scene at the end of Path of Radiance didn't feel very romantic to me. D:

I'm not counting Ike and Ranulf/Soren because they obviously aren't romantic.

How is Ike/Soren NOT romantic? It may not be a fluff fest, but there's no denying the subtext. Soren really cares for Ike, how many times has Soren openly wept in front of Ike? They've been together and friends since childhood, and there's also that special scene you unlock after linking a file that has an Ike/Soren A support.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Ike/Soren NOT romantic? It may not be a fluff fest, but there's no denying the subtext. Soren really cares for Ike, how many times has Soren openly wept in front of Ike? They've been together and friends since childhood, and there's also that special scene you unlock after linking a file that has an Ike/Soren A support.

And how exactly IS it romantic? Yeah, Soren really cares for Ike, but nothing suggests it's in a romantic way or that Ike has any romantic interest in Soren. Soren weeps in front of Ike ONCE and Ike gives him a hug to comfort him. He doesn't decide to hug him at any other time. At most, imo, It's one-sided on Soren's part.

And just because two people were friends since childhood doesn't automatically mean they're in love later (especially friends of the same gender). I'm admitting this and I'm a sucker for hetero childhood friend pairings (generally).

Plus, Priam exists now, which most likely means Ike eventually married a woman and raised a family with her. Most likely. Not definitely.

And how exactly IS it romantic? Yeah, Soren really cares for Ike, but nothing suggests it's in a romantic way or that Ike has any romantic interest in Soren. Soren weeps in front of Ike ONCE and Ike gives him a hug to comfort him. He doesn't decide to hug him at any other time. At most, imo, It's one-sided on Soren's part.

And just because two people were friends since childhood doesn't automatically mean they're in love later (especially friends of the same gender). I'm admitting this and I'm a sucker for hetero childhood friend pairings (generally).

Plus, Priam exists now, which most likely means Ike eventually married a woman and raised a family with her. Most likely. Not definitely.

It's not really ROMANTIC as in full of fluff, but I still think these two came to really love each other. IIRC Soren cries twice in front of Ike. And since Ike and Soren have a paired ending, it comes REAL close to canon for those two.

And we only have Priam's word for it that he's a descendent of Ike. For all we know, it's a situation like Marth's where he's supposedly descended from Anri, but someone else is actually his ancestor. Anybody can wield Ragnell in this game if they have an A in swords, so that's not sufficient proof, either.

It's not really ROMANTIC as in full of fluff, but I still think these two came to really love each other. IIRC Soren cries twice in front of Ike. And since Ike and Soren have a paired ending, it comes REAL close to canon for those two.

Ike has a paired ending with Ranulf too. I don't see you saying they're in love. A character having an ending of some sort with another character of the same gender does not mean those two characters are in love. And as for Soren's crying, as I said, I think at most it's only one-sided on his part and Ike has no romantic feelings for him, only thinks of him as a close friend.

We'll just have to agree to disagree, honestly. I think Ike loves Elincia, you think he loves Soren. That's that.

Edited by Anacybele

Not to continue to open a can of worms, just wanted to get my point out...

Why can't there be any bromance pairs anymore? Just because Ike and Soren care about each other (no one's denying that) doesn't mean that they have to be in love. I feel like the only reason people are blowing it out of proportion is because Ike is not really emotional or talkative, so since one of his only personal connections is with Soren (and Ranulf) everyone automatically jumps to "OMG they're in love!". Not to mention that there have been plenty of "paired" endings in the past that don't involve romance at all, emphasizing camaraderie and friendship.

Don't get me wrong, I like Soren and appreciate his interactions with Ike since they give good character development on both of their personalities (which would be semi-bland otherwise) and that their friendship could be strong enough for him to drop everything and leave with Ike (though I consider the whole idea of Ike leaving just plain stupid in general; but that's for another day...), but it makes me sad that for most everyone they just can't be bros; its either a romantic pairing or....well, actually, I have yet to meet an Ike/Soren fan who would even consider an alternative, so I'll have to remain silent on that last bit....

I can't stand Geoffrey for some reason. So just to spite him, I'm going to go with IkexElincia.

Or one of them crack shippings. Elinciax3-13Archer

I don't like him either, monkymeet. I simply find him boring and not useful really. The only time you really need him is the couple chapters where he's required in RD. And even then, those are almost the ONLY chapters you can use him in in that game. PoR, he just comes too late, and never matches up to Oscar, Kieran, or Titania. So what if he has a Brave Lance, just have him let one of those other guys borrow it. lol

before I found out That there's gonna be RD, i thought that ikexelincia is canon couple, and then when i played RD i was like *ikexsoren bromance is canon 0__o* the last convo in last chapter even furthers that out...

as for geoffrey, isn't he some king of just a random lover out of nowhere for elin? seriously makers, are you guys that desperate to separate ikexelincia? why not making an A support ending for ElinciaxLucia instead??

Geoffrey's a noble, but no, not a king. I believe he's a duke (of Delbray, to be exact), though for some reason, he's never called one. Just general. And yes, it was pretty out of nowhere. Besides the fact that Geoffrey and Elincia grew up together, they've really not much to go on for this pair. And even then, it can be argued that they were raised as foster siblings like Lucia and Elincia since Lucia is Geoffrey's actual sister.

Geoffrey could have had feelings for Elincia, and he probably did, but I feel they were short lived. I just don't see as much of it in RD as I do in PoR (where Geoffrey practically tells Callil he loves Elincia and all). And I never had any vibes that Elincia felt the same for him either. It felt more to me like she though of him as a big brother figure and trusted retainer.

But this is just me...as well as my headcanon. xP

Edited by Anacybele

PoR ending clearly screams Ike x Elincia.

I remember how cute Ike was there :wub:

IF only RD have Ike x Elincia ending as well, I'd totally pair them.

Sorry Geoffrey, you're cool and all, but PoR ending totally bought me.

But I do settle for Elincia x Geoffrey and Ike x Soren in game, what can I do D:

I totally agree with you there, Fairlee, the ending TOTALLY made me go gaga for the pairing myself. :D

I know right!

8075.png
Such a classic ending :wub:
Edited by Fairlee

I know right!

8075.png
Such a classic ending :wub:

<_<

>_>

*steals picture for her pairing gallery*

Thanks for putting it up! And yes, that was quite a classically sweet ending! As much as I love RD, sometimes I wish the story had ended there...

Not to continue to open a can of worms, just wanted to get my point out...

Why can't there be any bromance pairs anymore? Just because Ike and Soren care about each other (no one's denying that) doesn't mean that they have to be in love. I feel like the only reason people are blowing it out of proportion is because Ike is not really emotional or talkative, so since one of his only personal connections is with Soren (and Ranulf) everyone automatically jumps to "OMG they're in love!". Not to mention that there have been plenty of "paired" endings in the past that don't involve romance at all, emphasizing camaraderie and friendship.

Don't get me wrong, I like Soren and appreciate his interactions with Ike since they give good character development on both of their personalities (which would be semi-bland otherwise) and that their friendship could be strong enough for him to drop everything and leave with Ike (though I consider the whole idea of Ike leaving just plain stupid in general; but that's for another day...), but it makes me sad that for most everyone they just can't be bros; its either a romantic pairing or....well, actually, I have yet to meet an Ike/Soren fan who would even consider an alternative, so I'll have to remain silent on that last bit....

What I bolded, could also be easily said about Elincia/Ike, too. Only replace bromance with friend. Like I never saw Elincia being in LOVE with Ike, just admiring his bravery and leadership-ness. A guy and a girl can just be friends, too, not just two guys. Meh.

What I bolded, could also be easily said about Elincia/Ike, too. Only replace bromance with friend. Like I never saw Elincia being in LOVE with Ike, just admiring his bravery and leadership-ness. A guy and a girl can just be friends, too, not just two guys. Meh.

Except she's only talking about two guys in this case. Not a guy and a girl.

I want to make this surprisingly not dead poll exclusive to those two pairings.

It was a joke. I just like shipping Pelleas and Elincia because of the "parallels" between them.

<_<

>_>

*steals picture for her pairing gallery*

Thanks for putting it up! And yes, that was quite a classically sweet ending! As much as I love RD, sometimes I wish the story had ended there...

Yes! It did sound like a perfect ending with bards and all.

Maybe IS had no plan to make a PoR sequel before, so..