What are the consequences in handling Roger and Mel in chapter 4?

BrightBow

So I was wondering what longterm effects the outcome of chapter 4 has.

If you kill only Roger or Mel, will the surviving one still turn up later? And will Mel still join but leave the group later, like she does when you don't recruit Roger?

If Mel is dead or doesn't show up, can Sasha still become a Pegasus Knight?

Edited by BrightBow

The recruitment page on the main site says that you can only recruit Mel if you left her alive in Chapter 4. It says nothing regarding whether or not you can kill Roger. As far as Sasha becoming a peg knight, I don't know for sure, but I would assume that you can no longer get the pegasus flute if you don't have Mel to talk to her.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, what I can say for now is that if Mel is recruited but you don't recruit Roger, Mel will leave at the end of that chapter looking for him.

She will also leave to bury him, should he die later. And they both have to be in the same army.

So whatever the details, they probably can't be separated. So I would guess that Mel probably won't even show up if Roger is killed.

But I find it hard to believe that they would deprive Sasha of her promotion, given how vital it is for her.

Edited by BrightBow

Well she's the one tasked to give it to Sasha. If you kill her in chapter 4, the queen can't really go out of her cell to give it to her can she.

Well, she could give it to her when she meets her later on. Or maybe Sasha can already use a Dragon Flute as a princess.

I'm definitely going to check that on my next run. Nothing personal Roger but you will definitely have to die for this one.

Edited by BrightBow

You underestimate how punishing this game is in terms of event triggers. All things considered, it's really not worth your time even testing it.

You underestimate how punishing this game is in terms of event triggers. All things considered, it's really not worth your time even testing it.

Thank you for the warning, Othin.

Still, I will go through the game a second time anyway. And the worst that can happen, is that I miss out on Roger, Mel, Sasha and maybe Katt.

• 1 month later...

Well, what I can say for now is that if Mel is recruited but you don't recruit Roger, Mel will leave at the end of that chapter looking for him.

She will also leave to bury him, should he die later. And they both have to be in the same army.

So whatever the details, they probably can't be separated. So I would guess that Mel probably won't even show up if Roger is killed.

But I find it hard to believe that they would deprive Sasha of her promotion, given how vital it is for her.

Sorry if this seems like reviving an old post (I've got a warning already)

I played the chapter killing Roger but leaving Mel alive.

What happened is, Mel didn't arrive in the later chapter. So you have to keep both of them alive to recruit either of them.

And about Sasha's promotion item, it was given by the thief guy Narcissus when he went back from sneaking in the castle.