FE7 LHM + HHM Low Turn Attempt

Espinosa

How many status staff uses did you have left?

2 Berserk

3 Sleep

0 Silence (cleared Lloyd's too quickly).

Anyway I'm studying the reinforcement trigger zones and figuring out the best way of tackling the chapter. It looks like the only zone I should avoid is the one to the north because of the 4 Physic Valks that appear. I don't think I should restrain pressing forward just because of some scrubs with Flux and light tomes. We'll see though.

Also, updated the info in the OP and the YT playlist.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: is true staff accuracy = displayed staff accuracy? Or does the relation between true and displayed hit apply to staves as well?

I'm trying to figure out how likely I would be to dodge a status staff at ~80 displayed hit. It seems this map is more about neutralising staff users than it is about positioning, ignoring or abiding the reinforcement zones and combat. Obviously the latter three are as important as usual but good luck getting a decent turn count if you just expect yourself to LTC disregarding the way the staves work.

I'm surprised one of the female Druids near Linus can be lured to sleep a character of yours as early as turn 1 (Sain has 12 res with a Pure Water and faces 97% displayed hit from the Druids - I wonder if taking somebody more resistant like Eliwood or Marcus would give me a better chance to be in better shape when turn 2 comes up).

Good Lord, it's taking me several hours to figure out how to go about each turn of Cog of Destiny (and even then everything is subject to being revisited and modified later). Everything following turn 1 is far from harmless to the party and makes me regret I have just one Restore staff (not that I could fix that considering I 1-turned Lloyd's map which is where you buy Restore staves). What a sadistic chapter for LTC.

Chapter 29 (Cog of Destiny) in 5 turns.

Now that I've got the Warp staff I wonder how spammable it is. I need one charge for each of map 30 and map 32x, and possibly more for map 32 and Final, but the number of possible uses still greatly exceeds what I need. I guess Pent and Priscilla could spam it a little bit to up their magic (as of now, Pent has a 12 square warp, Priscilla 7). Just better not overdo it.

Huzzah, my friend. Huzzah! I've been waiting for an LTC run of HHM CoD, and you did it! Huzzah, nay, a THOUSAND huzzahs! *watches the video*

The Warp staff is pretty spammable in FE7, so you should be alright.

Yeah, that's what I mean. 17 uses of Warp are way more than you need. In a game like FE6 it's as if justified (a second Hammerne staff wouldn't be out of place in FE6 efficiency because Warp comes early and has all sorts of applications).

Chapter 30 (The Berserker) in 4 turns.

Both Heath and Pent can 5-turn the map. 3-turn possible with 26-28 mag Pent and Boots on Hector (not worth it).

I think I might be repairing the Rescue staff first (which has already contributed to 2 turns shaved off in this run). I think I'll half-arse map 31 just to get to VoD sooner and see what stats and staves I need for the lowest turn clear - do I need to work on Pent's or Priscilla's magic for example.

2uo00b6.jpg

Merlinus should be Top Tier.

Anyway, I fastforwarded to VoD and it looks like there is no possible way to complete the map faster than in 3 turns (wasn't sure how quickly it was possible to be done until I arrived with all my staves and whatnot), regardless of how much range Pent has (he can max it and it will barely matter).

However, I now understand what I need to work on in Sands of Time - getting Heath more level-ups. He should probably take both the Dracoshields and maybe also the Talisman (if Hector doesn't need it more, we'll see). With 15 defence (pretty bad), he really loses in durability to Vaida (who has 8 move and much worse AS / res) when it comes to tanking the ballistae, so he needs to get those numbers higher up.

I should probably leave Pent alone, maybe actually repair the Spear instead of Warp? I think I need just two Warp uses before Final (1 in VoD and 1 in tVoL).

Probably not a bad idea to think carefully about VoD again, though I really don't think the turn count could be cut to 2 there; at least without glitching of some sort.

15 magic at 11/2. I suppose I could get it up a point or so; probably not making a huge difference in Final. At least I'm pretty sure having more staff range makes no difference in VoD.

I think I better focus on the combat units for Final instead... which is Heath, Eliwood, Hector as well some of the following - Vaida/Lowen/Marcus. Sain already cap'd most of the stuff that matters a long time ago so he's just been fielded for killing / dodging ability that nobody else can quite match.

On a second thought... Maybe I should cap Pent's magic? He's only 4 points away (and I've already been looking at the map long enough to spot that he could eat those Generals up for exp) from max and the two extra squares let Heath drop Hector on the land where Heath is out of range of two Ballistae and can counter everything at 1-2 range without AS loss, making the strat a lot more reliable. Not sure about all those stupid Nosferatu Shamans though. 20-23 atk is not that bad though; in fact, Hector and Heath with a barrier boost should be barely taking any damage. The stronger Druid is out of range on turn 1, and on turn 2 I assume there will be room to buff yourself up with Elixirs before bosskilling on turn 3.

Still, both Heath and Hector need some levels, and Heath probably wants the Dracoshields anyway. Hector also wants that S rank in axes which should be an easy feat.

Edited by Espinosa