Anyone ever encounter a shiny Pokemon?

Knight

Sucks for you, I caught a shiny Kanghaskan and a shiny Phanpy on the safari zone.

Other shinies I've caught: Growlithe,Tentacool, Shinx, Sandshrew, Lugia and Registeel.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to add a shiny Geodude in Silver during a Nuzlocke challenge, even though it was technically breaking the rules to catch it, but I have a personal rule that shinies are exempt from the "1 per area/route/wherever" rule, due to their rareness.

Edited by Konnor97

Silly thunderfox. you can't find shinies on pokemon red :^_^:.

He meant he played a for a really looooong time. But yeah, it's sad that you havent encounter at least one shiny (not that they are good or anything but still).

I caught one in Sapphire, without even knowing.

It was a Tentacool (which luckily enough must be the only Pokemon to have the same english and french names) and I wish I had played lottery this day because it was inevitably the very first Tentacool I had ever encountered. I always catch the first one I meet and then keep running away without even looking due to its spammy nature.

Since shiny Tentacool is hardly different from the normal one, I had never noticed its nature, and even made him evolve into a Tentacruel still without noticing anything. One day I used him on Pokemon Colosseum for the sake of an all-water battle and he started sparkling like the stars. That is the moment I finaly understood.

I've played since Red, never found ONE shiny

OTL I feel you bro.

I have not seen a shiny in twelve years. Two mistakes: See, when I was 11, I wasn't aware just how effective throwing ultra balls were at low-level things (even at full HP,) so when a shiny ekans showed up and I only had my party in the 70s with me after a run vs. Red, I reacted poorly. Second, I didn't see the fully shiny animation, I just heard crazy noises which freaked me out, so I killed the thing dead. With a ho-oh.

And even with probably an unhealthy number of hours in every generation since, I have never seen a shiny again.

When I first started playing the Pokemon games proper (i.e. I saved up for a main series game), my first game was Pokemon Sapphire. When I was in Rustboro Forest I found a Shroomish, but it was red. I though it was just a mistake or something, but I caught it anyway. I then started a new game after a while, only to find out that that particular Shroomish, as rare as they already are, was shiny. Since then, after almost 10 years, the only shiny I have ever found was a Zubat... And I Whismur that I accidentally killed!

Curse my FOOLISHNESS!

And to add insult to injury, my brother was blessed with getting a shiny Cyndaquil in HG, which he cherished, and tranferred to his copy of White. And he lost the game! But, he still has a shiny Tentacool...

Only incredibly common shinies. :(

I had a zubat in heartgold

A pelipper in diamond

A mime Jr. in platinum

A tranquil in black

And I saw a magikarp at the battle tower in platinum (damn you rng!)

Yeah, that's it.

Excluding red gyarados, event pichu, spiky-eared pichu (whom inspired my ten year old self to invent the nickname that I use for everything, Spiky) and the three event dogs.

Oh yeah, and I thought my shiny pelipper would make shiny wingull babies and I was going to trade them all over the GtS, also I evolved my mime Jr.

So yeah, shiny pokemon.

Twice

Shiny Venonat in Gold version where I foolishly killed it in cold blood because I hardly knew what Shiny Pokemon actually was. Then Shiny Durant with extremely potent nature, but in the end I never make use of it because my team is already full.

• 2 weeks later...

I caught a Meditite in diamond, but when I decided to start the game over, I forgot to migrate it to White with my other Pokemon, so I lost it when I started the new game. My latest shiny was a Vannilite. I found it while grinding for Clay's gym. I was like "omg shiny!!!!!" And i only had one net ball left, but I caught it! It's nickname is Deluxe, but I'm not going to evolve it into Vaniluxe because it almost looks exactly the same Shiny and Normal. Instead I get a strawberry ice cream!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gen 2: None

Gen 3: Shiny Corsola, accidentally killed

Gen 4: Shiny Ralts, traded away for Shiny Chansey, forgot about it and deleted my file because I'm an idiot.

Gen 5: Shiny Eevee while IV Breeding them. Mediocre nature but I traded it away in an anonymous trade to someone who was giving me lots of cool stuff basically for free. It only felt right and I didn't really have any plans to train it. It was probably going to be stowed away in my PC for a long time and it probably would have been right now if I hadn't.

I really love Eevees but I didn't feel like training this one up.