Anyone ever encounter a shiny Pokemon?

Knight

Technically, the only shiny pokemon I ever had possession of were the auto Red Gyarados in Johto and the Shiny Pichu that was given out in the Spiky eared Pichu event. And of course the Shiny Dialga and Palkia that were just distributed. The only Shiny I had ever encountered in the wild was a Shiny Tangela in Pokemon Gold when I was a little girl, and it had fled as soon as I found it......

UNTIL NOW!!!!

I literally just found a Shiny Vulpix in my new Soul SIlver playthrough; wasn't planning on using Vulpix, but it has just earned a permanent spot on my team since this is the first shiny I captured that wasn't the red Gyarados!

I CAUGHT A SHINY!!!!! HOLY F*CKING PANCAKES!!!!! 8D

I honestly have a mini heart attack everytime I encounter a shiny.

The one in eight thousand chance makes it such a big deal.

Also shiny ninetales is beautiful!

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you get the shiny Diagla, Palkia and Giratina all at level 100? It just happened.

I got the Palkia, as when it was happening, I just so happened to have Black in my DS when I was in the game store. Unfortunately, I missed the Dialga, but Giratina has yet to come to Canada (September 27th), so I'm still good for it. I'm happy I managed to get Palkia, as it is my favourite Sinnoh legendary, having played Pearl the most out of all the games in the series.

I've gotten a shiny Houndour in Pokemon Emerald and a Poochyena in Pokemon Pearl. Both unfortunately kind of ugly shinies D;

shiny houndour is cute so nope ;p

I got the Palkia, as when it was happening, I just so happened to have Black in my DS when I was in the game store. Unfortunately, I missed the Dialga, but Giratina has yet to come to Canada (September 27th), so I'm still good for it. I'm happy I managed to get Palkia, as it is my favourite Sinnoh legendary, having played Pearl the most out of all the games in the series.

Giratina is my favourite and I've always been in love with it's shiny forever.

I tried soft-resetting for a shiny Giratina in my pearl game but after close to 30 hours I just gave up :(

now I get a level 100 one woo !

I've found one shiny in my career of Pokemon I started with Gen 1 but it took till Gen 3 and I found my Shiny Wingull and I liked it because it was green

My Mother found a shiny Spinda [which is an adorable pokemon so yay haha] back when she still played Pokemon, I forget if my Dad ever found any.. My Uncle who plays Pokemon found a Gravler and to prevent it from exploding he used a master ball

My 13 year old cousin found a shiny Riolu [i'm so jealous]

Edited by Jedi

• 2 weeks later...

Parasect in Crystal, Magikarp/Machop/Numel in RSE, numerous chained Shinies in DP (although that's kinda cheating). I also encountered a shiny Growlithe in Crystal once but it ran away. :c

I've only ever encountered one shiny, a Swablu, and of course it was my second encounter on a route during a nuzlocke. A friend suggested I should add shiny clause just for that encounter, so I did simply because it was my first ever shiny (other than the Red Gyarados, of course). I then sent it out against a wild Pokemon, and it immediately died/fainted to a crit. And, well... let's just say there was a lot of raging involved after that. My luck sucks ;.;

I captured one shiny in my life, I was playing Sapphire and I saw a shiny Goldbat. I luckily had a low leveled Pokemon to weaken it and captured it with a premier ball. I evolved it with the power of friendship and I did not like the color scheme for the Crobat. It was pink, so it was not cool at all, and thus he stayed in my box 5 just to brag that I caught a shiny Pokemon.

Only one time. Twas a Poliwag back in my old save for Pokemon Silver, named her Lily and evolved her into a Politoed. Such a pity that my battery died. Even if I fix it, I've no means of trading anymore.

I found a shiny sneasel in heartgold

I also got two 1 shinies from GTS-a shiny cottonee that I traded for a level 1 Mienfoo (and I was looking for a normal cottone and someone gave me a shiny,I didn't seached for one) and a level 100 klang that I traded for a Zorua

Okay, not even ten minutes ago I found a shiny spearow in my firered Nuzlocke.

But my rattatta killed it.

So I kind of let him die.

He was all golden and awesome...

Oh well, my shiny luck has been far too good in the past.

Shiny Rayquaza in Emerald. Perfect 31 Speed IV but not the nature I intended. Kept it because it's shiny and the nature was still workable for a moveset.

You'd seriously ditch a shiny Rayquaza just because his nature is bad for a competitive set!? Do you know that some people do countless restarts just to get a shiny one?

I'm not a fan of competitive battling so restarting for IVs is something i would never do. I know it's cheating but it'd be smarter to edit a Rayquaza's IVs with pokesav, instead of wasting precious hours to get one good enough for competitive battling.

Also if he really wanted a Rayquaza with a certain nature i'm sure he had a synchronize poke with that desired nature as his lead poke. So it'd just be a matter of luck on getting the right IVs (he was okay with 31SPD, so the chances of he getting a Rayquaza with 31SPD and the right nature would be 1/2 * 1/31 = 1/62, This is not a ridiculously low probability, and it's much better than the 1/8192 of getting a shiny encounter).

By cheating for Iv's you not only cheat on yourself, but also on opponents who took the time and effort to get their great pokemon. I can apply the same logic to your shinies, just go into pokesav, and tada, check the SHiny box to yes. Does that feel as rewarding as finding a shiny in the wild? Or taking time and effort to reset for a shiny legendary? I think not. It's cheating, but cheating with shinies is only cheating on yourself, not others.