Anyone ever encounter a shiny Pokemon?

Knight

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a program someone on Smogon(I think) posted. If you download it, then connect your computer to ethernet, it will create a Wi-Fi hotspot that is attuned to 3DS. If you then connect your 3DS to it, you'll be able to see IV, EVs as well as your trainer and pokemon shiny values, even for eggs. Then, if you trade someone an egg which shiny value match their trainer value, the pokemon will hatch as a shiny. So basically, if you know someone with your eggs shiny value, you're basically guaranteed a shiny. And people are creating a database of Trainer Shiny value(it actually might be interesting to add these values to the Friend Code thread for the SF pokemon players if this program gets big)

Don't have the program, just read/watch infos about it.

Edit: The program is called Instacheck.

You can read about it here and see someone demonstrate how it works here.

Edited by LuxSpes

SHINY GASTLY GET!!!

(Props to Kon for helping me out~ THANKS, KON!!! ^^)

Now, on to shiny HONEDGE, YEAH!!!

Congratulations again~ Hopefully you'll find the shiny Honedge faster this time xD Good luck!

Time to breed for shiny Staryu

I got a shiny ditto two days ago!

...it becomes un-shiny when it transforms, and doesn't have imposter!

...hooray..?

It's still better than a shiny male combee i guess..

anyway most shiny mons are more or less useless except you are very lucky..

Trucy the Abra Modest, Magic Guard, 31\2\31\31\30\31

:3

31/31/31/31/31/22 SHINY HONEDGE GET!!!

YOU TWO ARE SO LUCKY!

I found a shiny trevenant today in a horde. Crappy nature, crappy IVs, but it looks awesome :D

Edited by Nobody

YOU TWO ARE SO LUCKY!

I found a shiny trevenant today in a horde. Crappy nature, crappy IVs, but it looks awesome :D

With the help of the Internet, instachecker, and many hours put into MM-ing, I now have three shiny Pokémon: Gastly, Goomy, and Honedge.

I'm done for now...

For now...

With the help of the Internet, instachecker, and many hours put into MM-ing, I now have three shiny Pokémon: Gastly, Goomy, and Honedge.

I'm done for now...

For now...

I'm too lazy to do intacheck and MM. Also, I prefer breeding for perfect pokemon, and I already got enough of them (I think I have 25 of those haha)

Edited by Nobody

I'm too lazy to do intacheck and MM. Also, I prefer breeding for perfect pokemon, and I already got enough of them (I think I have 25 of those haha)

I do both. At the same time. I make sure the Pokémon I use to MM have good IVs.

And then there's the fact that I get a ton of perfect Pokémon, anyway, while I'm MM-ing...

• 2 weeks later...

Holy fuck! I was looking for Sawsbuck in Friend Safari and I found my first shiny pokemon this generation (third shiny ever)! Its a Quilladin with Overgrow, but I don't mind too much; it looks so cool with a brownish/red color! :D

Crap, Modest Nature.....oh well, guess I could use it in a casual team I suppose.....is there an unwritten law that wild shinies have to have the worst possible nature? I mean, I even had a Adamant Synchronizer out in front.... T_T

Edited by Silver Lightning

I wanted to keep a secret until I revealed it in battle, but since there's no one online to battle right now...

I hatched a shiny male Heracross with Adamant nature, Moxie, and IVs of 31 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 24 / 31.

Not too shabby, especially considering I don't really breed for shinies.

Edited by Shuuda

Holy fuck! I was looking for Sawsbuck in Friend Safari and I found my first shiny pokemon this generation (third shiny ever)! Its a Quilladin with Overgrow, but I don't mind too much; it looks so cool with a brownish/red color! :D

Crap, Modest Nature.....oh well, guess I could use it in a casual team I suppose.....is there an unwritten law that wild shinies have to have the worst possible nature? I mean, I even had a Adamant Synchronizer out in front.... T_T

Does it have good IVs at least? My first shiny this gen was a Modest Geodude with crappy IVs. I still like him, but he's nowhere near as useful as my shiny Careful superior Aggron(this one was non-masuda bred, though, not a wild encounter)

Does it have good IVs at least? My first shiny this gen was a Modest Geodude with crappy IVs. I still like him, but he's nowhere near as useful as my shiny Careful superior Aggron(this one was non-masuda bred, though, not a wild encounter)

It has perfect IVs in Special Defense and Speed....I guess that's better than nothing. I'll see if I can squeeze it into a future casual team; at least I'm good at making those. :P

I still have yet to even SEE a shiny in gen 6. :(

Are you guys SURE that the shiny encounter rate increased?

I'm still going to transfer my brave shiny Aggron from Emerald though. This guy's gonna kick some ass as a mega. :D