There are 468 playable characters in the whole Fire Emblem saga.

MarckCaesar

So I was bored and decided to count how many Fire emblem characters there are. Don't judge me, please.

Note: I only counted once: characters that appear in different games (Est, Palla, Catria), characters that are the same person (Devdan/Dandev, Sirius/Camus/Zeeke). I didn't count bonus characters from 6, 8, 9 or 12.

• There are 80 playable characters between FE1/11 and FE3/12
  • 28 in Gaiden
  • 109 between Fe4 and fe5 (14 being Fe4Gen2 substitutes)
  • 94 between 6 and 7
  • 34 in Sacred Stones
  • 75 in 9 and 10
  • 48 in Awakening

Totalling 468 characters. There's also 19 Bonus characters (That aren't playable in other games) in Fe6, 8, 9 and 12.

Also:

• 64 in Tear Ring Saga
  • 36 in Berwick Saga

Totalling 100 characters.

Edited by MarckCaesar

your Sacred Stones number is off. There are 33 regular characters and 10 extras in there.

Counted Amelia twice by accident, counted Orson as a regular character and didn't count bonus characters from FE6, 8, 9 or 12.

Edited by MarckCaesar

Aren't there 51 in awakening?

47 normal characters, Morgan F, Morgan M, Robin F, and Robin M? I suppose Morgan being one makes sense, so are we not counting the Avatar?

Aren't there 51 in awakening?

47 normal characters, Morgan F, Morgan M, Robin F, and Robin M? I suppose Morgan being one makes sense, so are we not counting the Avatar?

Looks like I miscounted another game. Well, at least final number should be very close...

I counted Fe12 and Fe13 avatar as only one character each but now that you mention it the Fe13 Avatar could be counted as two... I'll leave it as one though.

What I'd like to see is one huge name-list. D: It's hard coming up with names for a silly fan-game, not knowing if the name is used or not. Especially when you have cases like Celice/Seliph, etc.

Impressive counting, though. 8D; That is a whole freakin' lot. How will SMT x FE manage 400+ characters?

Berwick Saga has 36, and that's just if you count Vester... which I guess you should but it feels weird.

Reese

Ward

Leon

Adel

Sherlock (5)

Izerna

Dion

Elbert

Chris

Ouro (10)

Axel

Sylvis

Ruby

Arthur

Czene (15)

Faye

Kramer

Derrick

Clifford

Faramir (20)

Istbal

Aegina

Sherpa

Sapphire

Olwen (25)

Dowd

Larentia

Ceddy

Marcel

Enide (30)

Percival

Burrows

Alvina

Paramythis

Lynette (35)

Edited by Othin

Did you count in the Spotpass characters that are only playable in Awakening? For example you can't play as Ursula in FE7 but you can in FE13 as a Spotpass character.

That's not actually Ursula, though. It's just an Einherjar card of her.