Missed Oppertunities *spoilers for both games*

Snowy_One

Her only epilogue is that she searched the lands for worthy opponents. Maybe she eventually found Ike on her journeys? Now that would be a great threequel, with Ike/Soren/Mia as the lords exploring new lands or something.

Maybe that can finally put an end to all the Ike shipping wars I don't think that they would get their own game but probably at best be cameos or whatever. Kinda like FE13's spotpass characters except they actually get some dialogue.

Well there is all that cut content that was supposed to be used but never got finished. FE9 had all those unused support convos and FE10 had those A rank support convos.

Mia still doesn't seem to have any real convos with the mercenaries in the FE9 convos. Just Marcia and Neph. Mist also doesn't get some with Ike but does have some with Volke, Tormod, and Shinon. Maybe there were supposed to be more than these for those characters that didnt get put in the game.

FE10 does have data indicating that Mia was supposed to talk to some of the mercenaries. Looks like Ike, Mist, Rhys, Boyd, and Oscar along with a bunch of other kinda random looking choices.

Looks like Mist was supposed to get a support convo with Ike and every other one of the Greil mercs she really gets around. along with a few other people who would make sense for her to talk to.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her only epilogue is that she searched the lands for worthy opponents. Maybe she eventually found Ike on her journeys? Now that would be a great threequel, with Ike/Soren/Mia as the lords exploring new lands or something.

I can see Ike, Soren, Ranulf, Rolf, Boyd, Mist, and Zihark being the few playable characters from the current Tellius games if they make a FE game about Ike's journey, at least while being realistic. After all it says that not many people saw Ike again.

Mia really isn't anything special, plenty of characters could of use slightly more decelopment so I don't see why you guys are only mentioning her.

Oscar, Boyd, and Rolf don't have any support conversations with each other in PoR either.

Nor do Lucia and Geoffrey.

So none of the sets of siblings in PoR have support conversations with each other.

Edited by Paper Jam

I can see Ike, Soren, Ranulf, Rolf, Boyd, Mist, and Zihark being the few playable characters from the current Tellius games if they make a FE game about Ike's journey, at least while being realistic. After all it says that not many people saw Ike again.

Mia really isn't anything special, plenty of characters could of use slightly more decelopment so I don't see why you guys are only mentioning her.

I'm only mentioning her and Mist mostly because that was one of the OP's topics in the first post. I could go on as there are a lot of other less popular characters that i think could have gotten fleshed out but I just wanted to stay on the original topic. I'm sure that I could come up with a whole list of wasted development chances if I put the thought into it.

Wow totally didn't notice that none of sibling groups have a support in this game. Kinda makes me think they did it on purpose as there's no way they could have just had that slip their minds. Guess Ike/Mist just stuck out more as they're the main characters and FE 6,7, and 8's massive amounts of sibling supports like Eirika/Eph

Edited by fangpoint

With Mia it's largely because she's probably the most impactful non-main character, but also gets the most one-sided development of any of the PoR characters. Of her three supports, only one is really focused on her and despite that she becomes a GM and, most likely, the best swordfighter in the world (after Ike leaves) we know almost nothing of her despite a LOT of openings for her to grow as a character. It's like reading a webcomic and seeing a really interesting background event that ends up affecting the plot, but you can't make out the words and the author never says what happened.

Also, if you have another example of a missed opportunity, go right ahead and explain it. A lot of characters did get underdeveloped on the whole.

Actually doesn't the epilogue say no one saw him again ever? However they could get around that by having those characters leave Tellius forever too. Oh, and we're talking about Mia because she's freaking amazing! But really, she's a pretty major character (being a GM and all), an uber good unit, and she's super popular, so she needs a bigger piece of the spotlight.

Actually doesn't the epilogue say no one saw him again ever? However they could get around that by having those characters leave Tellius forever too. Oh, and we're talking about Mia because she's freaking amazing! But really, she's a pretty major character (being a GM and all), an uber good unit, and she's super popular, so she needs a bigger piece of the spotlight.

Popularity=/=major. She's a pretty minor character actually and affects the plot the least out of the 5 trueblades. IMO it goes Lucia>Stefan>Zihark>Edward>Mia. Lucia being Elincia's servant and being her scout/bodyguard of sorts, Stefan taught Ike Aether and revealed the fact (via Yune) that the Goddess never planned for the Branded to be segregated but was completely the church's ideals. Zihark for having backstory and having some screen time and Edward for also having screen time for the first few chapters. Mia on the other hand.....not so much, she was kind of like that Myrmidon that was just meant to be strong, kind of like Nephenee. It may help the argument that Mia wasn't well developed but I guess I never said Mia was well-developed in the first place, just that she really isn't anything special.

Speaking of Nephenee, I think she was rather under-developed as well, unless I forgot to read some support convos, the most we know is that she's a peaceful country girl who is embarrassed of her accent...yeah.

Edited by Quick

I'll have to admit she's pretty minor overall as well. I think in terms of importance it really goes Lucia>Edward>Stefan>Zihark>Mia though. Mostly because Lucia of all the reasons you said, Edward for helping out in the severely understaffed Dawn Brigade. Stefan seems important as hes like uber strong story wise and has that whole branded due to implied descent of a previous Gallian king, but you can go the entire game without knowing he exists and most people will never see him without a guide. Zihark has backstory but it's really, really vague and it really only serves to once again say racism = bad. Also backstory =/= major character. As for Mia yeah we kinda know she doesnt have really any story importance or stuff like that which is why we're saying that she should have gotten more. It's kinda like we feel they wasted a perfectly good character who had a lot of potential to add to the Greil mercenary dynamic. Mix that with her popularity and of course it's gonna stick out more.

Anyways, that's getting away from the main topic. This isn't exactly the place to argue which myrm/SM/TB is better. I think Neph wasn't supposed to be a very complex character. I mean as awesome as she is, she really isn't much more than a country girl who decided/was forced to/whatever to take up arms for her country. She just kinda there to show the state Crimea is in to recruit country girls who barely know how to fight. Also I don't think she was ever really in a position to have a developed backstory or lots of development. Being a country girl doesn't really allow for much development of backstory. She also barely knows anyone and with that shy personality it seems pretty obvious that she wasn't gonna have a load of supports or a huge importance to the plot. At least she gets her own chapter so we can say that she does get some focus and story importance.

Speaking of Mia and Neph, apparently they were supposed to have support convos that got cut. Kinda makes me wonder what that would have been about.

I'll have to admit she's pretty minor overall as well. I think in terms of importance it really goes Lucia>Edward>Stefan>Zihark>Mia though. Mostly because Lucia of all the reasons you said, Edward for helping out in the severely understaffed Dawn Brigade. Stefan seems important as hes like uber strong story wise and has that whole branded due to implied descent of a previous Gallian king, but you can go the entire game without knowing he exists and most people will never see him without a guide. Zihark has backstory but it's really, really vague and it really only serves to once again say racism = bad. Also backstory =/= major character. As for Mia yeah we kinda know she doesnt have really any story importance or stuff like that which is why we're saying that she should have gotten more. It's kinda like we feel they wasted a perfectly good character who had a lot of potential to add to the Greil mercenary dynamic. Mix that with her popularity and of course it's gonna stick out more.

Anyways, that's getting away from the main topic. This isn't exactly the place to argue which myrm/SM/TB is better. I think Neph wasn't supposed to be a very complex character. I mean as awesome as she is, she really isn't much more than a country girl who decided/was forced to/whatever to take up arms for her country. She just kinda there to show the state Crimea is in to recruit country girls who barely know how to fight. Also I don't think she was ever really in a position to have a developed backstory or lots of development. Being a country girl doesn't really allow for much development of backstory. She also barely knows anyone and with that shy personality it seems pretty obvious that she wasn't gonna have a load of supports or a huge importance to the plot. At least she gets her own chapter so we can say that she does get some focus and story importance.

Speaking of Mia and Neph, apparently they were supposed to have support convos that got cut. Kinda makes me wonder what that would have been about.

Nephenee: Hey I can beat you because I have lances and WTA so sucks for you. Mia: Yeah well wait and in three years I'll prove you wrong!

It might have seemed like I was implying that Zihark had a huge plot relevance, but I was trying to use that just to state that he HAD it, unlike Edward and Mia, whilst still having screen time, not that it was anything major. Good point nonetheless. Mia could use some character development, but just realize that while there was potential it wasn't necessarily abnormal and IS considered Mia to have the exact same position as Nephenee, and perhaps they just weren't aware that she would be so popular. Guess it's still a problem though, ah well.

1) Most of Zihark's plot importance comes from RD, which did not have support conversations in the traditional sense. In PoR Lucia is Elincia's retainer which, while not unimportant and certainly putting her higher up there in terms of plot importance, keeps her out of the limelight until the latter third of the game. Zihark's pretty weak as well since his main point of curiosity is his desire to help Laguz (and that he may be a furry). Stefan is, quite possibly, the least plot-important character in both games as his entire joining condition in both games involves the player putting a specific unit on a specific tile that is unhinted at. Even if the player combs the desert in both games there is a very real chance they'll put the wrong unit on the wrong tile and not get him. Edward is more plot-important in that he is at least guaranteed to show up for one chapter. So if anything it's Lucia > Zihark > Mia > Edward > Stefan in terms of plot-importance and that's assuming Mia's plot contributions are pretty nil in both games.

2) Mia's plot contribution is not nil in both games. She's the first true recruit character (making her important from a player standpoint) in PoR and the only person to actually join the GM's at the end of PoR at the least. This alone means she is not some side-character who can be written off on a whim. Nephenee? I love ya, but you're just a soldier girl who is too afraid to remove your helmet as far as plot concern goes. When you factor in the meta-game, Mia is the best Ike-support (or at least one of the best) in RD as well as the most likely wielder of Alondite in RD as well as one of the best combat units around. In PoR Mia also has the highest potential of the swordmasters (you can argue Zihark is cheaper and has better avoid, but there is no denying Mia's skill flexibility).

Now, I don't want to turn this into a tier-debate about 'oh! Zihark is better' or 'Mia is part of the GM's who are OP'ed already and Zihark's work means more'. That stuff is for tier-listers to decide and not the point of this topic. The point is that, both from a pure story aspect and a meta-game aspect, Mia does hold a lot of importance. Maybe not 'I hold the McGuffin' or 'I am the adopted sister of the princess' levels, but certainly more important than, say, Astrid, Nephenee, or Largo.

I'm confused on why they cut that support convo as well. Nephenee and Mia would have been good supports together. Maybe not perfect, but both would have liked the attack and Mia would love the avoid and the hit could have made Gamble!Mia at least a bit more viable (currently she needs to support both Rhys and Ilyana to hit the needed hit-level to make it work. Neph would have been a bit more reliable and added some flexibility to that list). I can understand that, maybe, they wouldn't have been as interesting as some other convo's, but it's still better than some OTHER convo's that were just bland and offered nothing.

Popularity=/=major. She's a pretty minor character actually and affects the plot the least out of the 5 trueblades. IMO it goes Lucia>Stefan>Zihark>Edward>Mia. Lucia being Elincia's servant and being her scout/bodyguard of sorts, Stefan taught Ike Aether and revealed the fact (via Yune) that the Goddess never planned for the Branded to be segregated but was completely the church's ideals. Zihark for having backstory and having some screen time and Edward for also having screen time for the first few chapters. Mia on the other hand.....not so much, she was kind of like that Myrmidon that was just meant to be strong, kind of like Nephenee. It may help the argument that Mia wasn't well developed but I guess I never said Mia was well-developed in the first place, just that she really isn't anything special.

Speaking of Nephenee, I think she was rather under-developed as well, unless I forgot to read some support convos, the most we know is that she's a peaceful country girl who is embarrassed of her accent...yeah.

Well, I see what you're saying. I guess what I mean is that she SHOULD be a more major character because of her position as a Greil Mercenary. Any of the GMs should make more contributions than a nomad or a fail brigade member. You'd think they'd develop the most badass GM a little better. (That's my opinion, I think her badass level rivals Haar's)

I'd actually have to say that Neph does have more story importance than Mia. She gets her own chapter in which shes the Lord(ish) Main character and she lets Elincia know who's responsible for the rebellion. In terms of her badassedness as part of the GMs I'd actually have to say that hers doesn't really stick out more than any of the other characters. She doesn't actually do anything badass in the story line unlike a few of the other characters. Ike beats up BK and god, shinon makes a few incredibly ridiculous shots like cake, Titania leads the group while Greil, shinon and gatrie are doing their thing and has the skills to back it up. Hell pretty much the first few chapters are to show off how badass Greil, Titania, Shinon, and Gatrie are. The only badass thing she does story wise (on camera at least) is kill one guy from behind... while EVERYONE else (who isn't a healer) is shown racking up way higher kills. That's saying she's not though pretty much everyone in the mercs are except Rhys. Even Mist has her moments if you make her fight BK and Ashnard. Gameplay wise though she has the stats to back it up though, at least in FE10 where shes easily one of the most useable chars in game. I actually think Zihark is better in FE9 and has the typical badass Navarre reputation thing. Once again, I digress.

If I had to guess, the Mia/Neph support would have been about Neph's shy personality compared to Mia's outgoing one and would have helped her grow out of her shell. Either that or something about proving themselves as girls on the battlefield.

I don't think they would need to prove themselves. If anything, the FE verse is anti-male on the whole with an entire combat class locked out to the male gender. Not to mention characters like Titania who served in the military prior. So the personality thing would have been more likely.

Another huge missed opportunity: Rolf. I was legit-shocked that, after he joined, he seemed to vanish away despite holding at least some plot importance earlier on. I was completely baffled by his lack of an ending with Mist as well. Even if they didn't feel the two were meant for each other, at least an info conversation in FE10 where Boyd or Mist acknowledges Rolf and explains why romance won't be happening would have been nice.

Forging: Another missed chance here. Okay. Here's the thing. One of the most unique things about forging was how it allowed people to create their own unique weapons. This could have given so much potential. Things like giving weapons life-siphon, dealing fire-damage, increasing weapon uses, and other things. It could have even made 'older' weapons better simply by splitting up what buffs could go wear or making 'weaker' weapons able to carry more cool effects. Want to forge a weapon? That slim sword can hit RES, but the iron sword can't with enough dough! Instead we got color changes (good), MT (good), critical (okay, but it's not enough to make a real difference), and weight (What?). Least in FE10 the coins gave unique bonuses.

I don't think they would need to prove themselves. If anything, the FE verse is anti-male on the whole with an entire combat class locked out to the male gender.

Which is?

Instead we got color changes (good), MT (good), critical (okay, but it's not enough to make a real difference), and weight (What?).

If you have a unit with low Str and they lose a crapload of AS with a regular weapon, you can forge a weapon with less weight, so that they don't lose as much AS (if any). What's so wrong about that, exactly?

In fact, isn't it common practice in PoR for people to forge Soren a low-weight Thunder tome, for him to use?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Another huge missed opportunity: Rolf. I was legit-shocked that, after he joined, he seemed to vanish away despite holding at least some plot importance earlier on. I was completely baffled by his lack of an ending with Mist as well. Even if they didn't feel the two were meant for each other, at least an info conversation in FE10 where Boyd or Mist acknowledges Rolf and explains why romance won't be happening would have been nice.

SorenxMist 4 lief

Forging: Another missed chance here. Okay. Here's the thing. One of the most unique things about forging was how it allowed people to create their own unique weapons. This could have given so much potential. Things like giving weapons life-siphon, dealing fire-damage, increasing weapon uses, and other things. It could have even made 'older' weapons better simply by splitting up what buffs could go wear or making 'weaker' weapons able to carry more cool effects. Want to forge a weapon? That slim sword can hit RES, but the iron sword can't with enough dough! Instead we got color changes (good), MT (good), critical (okay, but it's not enough to make a real difference), and weight (What?). Least in FE10 the coins gave unique bonuses.

That doesn't make any sense. That would've been WAAYYY too exploitable especially in PoR when you could just forge without any limits. A forged Iron Lance turned into a Flame Lance would be insane good in 3-6 or any chapters with Beast Laguz really and that's only one out of the many things that would make the Tellius series real easy if they did that.

Edited by Quick

This applies to all of the mercs except for for the main trio and Mist.

It was pretty great that there was so much different dialogue depending on who died but I don't see how they couldn't have possible treated anyone as a main character like that for the whole game,

Way too many variables.

We do have quite a few info conversations and the mercs are very likely to stay in the party and get some supports. So I never got the impression that they weren't around anymore.

Also, why in the world do people think that Rolf and Mist is a likely paring? I don't see it. Mist acts more like a concerned big sister towards him.

Which is?

Pegasus Knight. IIRC, it's even flat-out canon that men can not be pegasus knights. Ironic as the original rider in mythology was a guy.

If you have a unit with low Str and they lose a crapload of AS with a regular weapon, you can forge a weapon with less weight, so that they don't lose as much AS (if any). What's so wrong about that, exactly?

In fact, isn't it common practice in PoR for people to forge Soren a low-weight Thunder tome, for him to use?

Sure. But it's rare. Outside of mage-tomes the only reason to reduce weight is if you're trying to wield Steel weapons right off the bat on a unit like Mia or intentionally slowing a unit down for EXP farming. Even Soren's STR problems go away eventually. It's not that it's *bad*, just... so limited in it's use. At least with hit it can be useful for gambles/evasive foes and actually feels like an improvement.

That doesn't make any sense. That would've been WAAYYY too exploitable especially in PoR when you could just forge without any limits. A forged Iron Lance turned into a Flame Lance would be insane good in 3-6 or any chapters with Beast Laguz really and that's only one out of the many things that would make the Tellius series real easy if they did that.

So make it pricy to the point where I *might* be able to craft an ultimate weapon, but it will bankrupt me. The problem is that, as-is, forging is just nowhere near as strong in its potential as it could be. Heck, even if these things were coin-based stuff instead of choosable it would be better than the current system.

Also, why in the world do people think that Rolf and Mist is a likely paring? I don't see it. Mist acts more like a concerned big sister towards him.

I think it's more the denial of anything happening on even a 'they grew old and remained great friends throughout the years' level. Plus, if you read their support conversations, they're strongly in the 'I must fight to protect you and keep you safe' vein, least on Rolf's end. So to have that and then not even give them an info conversation or anything in RD feels... backhanded.

They're not unique in that regard. A lot of support content and endings got mangled in RD and I'd rather focus on newer missed opportunities if possible. Just... some stand out more than others. Especially since Mist DOES get an ending with Boyd.

Boyd: Boo Yaa! It's axeing time! *hacks away at enemies.

Mist: He's so dreamy~

Rolf: Hey! Mist! Watch out! *shoots three guys about to attack Mist* You almost got hurt there!

Mist: Shut up Rolf! You're blocking my view of Boyd's ass!

Rolf: Ew! He's my brother! Ummm... Would you be willing to go out to dinner with me?

Mist: Is your name Boyd?

Rolf: No...

Mist: Are you going to get super-ripped in the next ten hours?

Rolf: I don't think so.

Mist: Then no.

Rolf: Awww... Butterbuscuits! I'm going to go see if Marcia wants to do anything fun then!

Mist: You do that.

Pegasus Knight. IIRC, it's even flat-out canon that men can not be pegasus knights. Ironic as the original rider in mythology was a guy.

And in return, women can't be Fighters, Warriors, Reavers, Pirates, Barbarians or Berserkers (so much for men having less classes).

Even Soren's STR problems go away eventually.

PoR!Soren starts with 0 Str and has a 5% Str growth. Even when he gets the +2 Str upon promotion, he still doesn't have enough strength to stop losing AS from a Fire tome (which has 3 Wt, by the way). So, I fail to see how you can say that his strength issues eventually go away.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

And in return, women can't be Fighters, Warriors, Reavers, Pirates, Barbarians or Berserkers (so much for men having less classes).

Though they can be Troubadours>Valkyries, balancing things out depending on the game.

I don't think they would need to prove themselves. If anything, the FE verse is anti-male on the whole with an entire combat class locked out to the male gender. Not to mention characters like Titania who served in the military prior. So the personality thing would have been more likely.

I also believe that Mia/Neph supports would be more about their genkiness/shyness. The other idea was really more about them being inexperienced with combat compared to the rest of the company rather than women=weak.

As for my opinions on Mist's pairings: ranked on order of how likely it is to happen

Boyd- It's canon-ish so no arguing about it. Typical tsundere relationship.

Rolf- It seemed like it was building up to something in FE9 but it kinda disappeared in 10. I wouldn't have been surprised if this one did happen as they're always together early in FE9 due to age and inexperience. It's obvious they care about each other (Mist cares about everyone in the group though) and i do think that if the writers pushed it more it could have led into a romantic situation more than with Boyd. Two brothers going after the same girl would be awkward.

Ike- Let's face it. This series is infamous for incest. But it's obvious that Mist is very attached to Ike and he is concerned with her (mostly about not letting her fight though). It could just be a normal sibling relationship that's just platonic. However, they're easily the most attached brother-sister pair in the game. And if you bother to get A support in RD shes all "stay with me forever."

Soren- I don't even think they even interact on camera once let alone get any more than two lines of dialogue together. They've probably known each other for a while but there's like no interaction between them at all. They could explore this more in my opinion since they probably knew each other before they moved to Crimea. It could develop into the whole being in love with my best friend's sister thing/brother's best friend. They could be cute together but let's face it, both have a way higher chance of being paired with Ike than each other just based on the in game text.

P.S. But Rolf does have the STR growth to get super ripped in 10 hours. 75%! It's the highest in the game!

PoR!Soren starts with 0 Str and has a 5% Str growth. Even when he gets the +2 Str upon promotion, he still doesn't have enough strength to stop losing AS from a Fire tome (which has 3 Wt, by the way). So, I fail to see how you can say that his strength issues eventually go away.

Firstly because even casual players will realize that forged thunder tomes are, simply, the best all-around weapon for mages in the game, so they'll naturally already be making them and shaving off the extra weight is fairly minor on the whole.

Secondly because Soren will end up with enough AS to plough through the AS loss in most cases. He might have trouble early-on, but later he'll still double despite the speed loss in almost every case.

Thirdly, because Soren is, basically, the only character who outright benefits from this. Allowing a weapon to be considered 'fire' damage, even if it still hits DEF and uses the STR stat AND now functions on the magic triangle in addition to the weapon one is something every unit can use due to it allowing for extra damage against beasts. Never mind if they actually loosened up on what customizable weapons can/can't do.

Though they can be Troubadours>Valkyries, balancing things out depending on the game.

Not to mention dancers. Sides, in the classes they do share, women are far from underrepresented except in the armorknight class.

As for my opinions on Mist's pairings: ranked on order of how likely it is to happen

I mentioned earlier how shocked I was that Mist and Ike didn't support. Now that I think of it, if they had planned on everyone getting endings like normal, maybe that's why they didn't let sibling pairs support (Elincia and Geoffry aren't siblings after all). Maybe they figured 'hey, we wanna become a big hit, and seeing how people reacted to the possibility that Ephriam and Eirika *might* be incestious and the cousin-marrying implications in FE7, we should TOTALLY remove any hints of that'.

I mentioned earlier how shocked I was that Mist and Ike didn't support. Now that I think of it, if they had planned on everyone getting endings like normal, maybe that's why they didn't let sibling pairs support (Elincia and Geoffry aren't siblings after all). Maybe they figured 'hey, we wanna become a big hit, and seeing how people reacted to the possibility that Ephriam and Eirika *might* be incestious and the cousin-marrying implications in FE7, we should TOTALLY remove any hints of that'.

They haven't exactly been lowering the fetish appeal in the latest game. You still have possible incest with Lucina and Owain for one. You have Nono for lolicons. Not to mention all the fanservice in the DLC. The localization tries to tone down some of it but its not exactly being removed from the original.

Mia appears in her own animated cutscene; only Lucia does other than Mia.

I'm not really sure what you mean by that. Are you talking about the cutscene at the end of CH. 2? If so then all the GM's get cutscene time as well. Not only those two.

Now one thing I consider a missed opportunity is this A support from RD

Mist: Hey, King Tibarn! Promise me that you'll survive. Because when this is over, you're gonna teach me to be a pirate.

FE10 need more Pirate Mist

Edited by fangpoint

I have SOOOOOO many problems with Radiant Dawn.

• Hardly much focus or character development on Dawn Brigade. I loved the personalities of all the new characters in this game, and I feel all of their potential was wasted in place of the Greil Mercenaries.
  • Meg. Oh, God, Meg. Her base stats are gross, and I just find her an annoying character.
  • Fiona also is afflicted with Meg disease. Her poor bases keep me from taking her seriously as a unit.
  • No Zihark x Illyana or Rhys x Mia ending(Personal complaint).
  • Ike takes the front seat when he's been in the driver's seat long enough and won't let the other guys drive the Van. In English this means I feel that Ike was a big focus on the game even though he's already been developed enough while Micaiah and Elincia are pushed to the side so Ike can look like a badass. Elincia and Micaiah had so much potential to shine as main characters and it just makes me so mad.
  • IS: Oh SH*T I totally forgot about Tormod and his friends(Volke too)! I know, let's shove him in with hardly any context as to why he showed up and ignore the fact we forgot him(Volke too)! Let's force Ena in the Endgame chapter while we're at it.
  • Support system allows the player to completely destroy any relationships 2 characters developed for another character for strategic purposes. Top that off with little to no character development, and you get a support system that completely sets me off.
  • NO ZIHARKxILLYANA ENDING. THEY'RE THE CUTEST COUPLE EVER! But seriously, I feel that the endings for characters like BoydxMist or NaesalaxLeanne come as a complete shock to me because the game gave me hardly any feeling that these characters would end up together. I could kind of tell for Naesala's situation, but Boyd and Mist? I didn't even know they were potential lovers. THAT'S ANOTHER THING. I feel that the game expects you to have supported with the right characters. When I played path of Radiance I was about 11 or 12 years old. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I was so dumb, I skipped the cutscenes(Personal fault I know). Thank God this game was still able to get me into the Fire Emblem series.

This game isn't entirely bad, though. I just need to gather my thoughts for this tomorrow because I'm really tired.