So who is Chrom's ancestor?

I think the only one that's known for certain is the first exalt. I think some doubt has been cast on whether or not Chrom is a descendant of Marth.

I forget. Was the Falchion usage limited to only those of proper bloodline? Or could ideally anyone use it if they were special enough. If it was only proper bloodline could use it, then Marth -> Chrom. I would say that would be proof of relations.

Edited by Vorena

I believe it was supposed to be tied to bloodlines, but Vincent raised the possibility that Chrom's anscestor could have been given the ability to wield the Falchion by Naga. It's worth noting that Chrom and his family have the mark of the exalt, whereas Marth is never shown having any such mark.

I forget. Was the Falchion usage limited to only those of proper bloodline? Or could ideally anyone use it if they were special enough. If it was only proper bloodline could use it, then Marth -> Chrom. I would say that would be proof of relations.

Hm...didn't Anri use Falchion? And Anri isn't a direct ancestor of Marth, even though they are related.

...So this could go either way.

I believe it was supposed to be tied to bloodlines, but Vincent raised the possibility that Chrom's anscestor could have been given the ability to wield the Falchion by Naga. It's worth noting that Chrom and his family have the mark of the exalt, whereas Marth is never shown having any such mark.

It could be an element that is simply untold in Marth's timeline. Or, it could be an add on to the future. Not really certain. There is the idea of alternative dimensions too (morgan)...

In Lucina's sibling supports her sibling uses it to cut a log, but it's never said if they have the mark or not.

In Lucina's sibling supports her sibling uses it to cut a log, but it's never said if they have the mark or not.

Well, Inigo outright says he has it on his right eye if Chrom recruits him while being his son, but the jury's out there still with the other children.

Lissa also does not bear a mark of the Exalt. It is not be all end all. Sometimes it skips a gen or something. Owain, on the other hand, has the mark of the Exalt.

I know that, and I never said it proved anything. My only contention is that it casts doubt on whether or not Chrom is descended from Marth or not.

Well, Inigo outright says he has it on his right eye if Chrom recruits him while being his son, but the jury's out there still with the other children.

Morgan doesn't say anywhere to having the mark either in the recruit or in any support log. Although Morgan's support logs are probably pretty generic (with his parents/siblings).

I rather like to think Falchion being able to be wielded by Chrom and his ancestor was something Naga gave later down the road.

Edited by Cordelia

As far as I'm concerned, the game implies Marth is Chrom's ancestor, therefore, Marth is Chrom's ancestor. It's a work of fiction, not real life, so why would something be implied if it wasn't true within the boundaries of said work? There is no real in-game implication that Marth is not Chrom's ancestor; that is just fan speculation.

v Whoops, I did indeed mean ancestor!

Edited by Owain Dark

As far as I'm concerned, the game implies Marth is Chrom's descendant, therefore, Marth is Chrom's descendant. It's a work of fiction, not real life, so why would something be implied if it wasn't true within the boundaries of said work? There is no real in-game implication that Marth is not Chrom's descendant; that is just fan speculation.

Don't you mean ancestor?

As far as I'm concerned, the game implies Marth is Chrom's descendant, therefore, Marth is Chrom's descendant. It's a work of fiction, not real life, so why would something be implied if it wasn't true within the boundaries of said work? There is no real in-game implication that Marth is not Chrom's descendant; that is just fan speculation.

For the same reason that Naga was heavily implied to be a man but later turned out to be a woman or why Sylvia was implied to be Claude's sister but turned out not to be. IS has a habit of doing things like that.

I haven't played the game, but the promo materials clearly state that Chrom's a descendant of the Hero-King and the only Hero-King I know is Marth.

I vaguely remember Chrom commenting about Marth being his ancestor, but my memory is pretty rubbish X D

WAAAAAAAAAAAIT

Tiki x Avatar supports

Tiki thinks Avatar is Marth and then Avatar is like "Wait isn't Chrom Marths descendant" and then Tikis says yeah. Or something like that.

^ this. Just married Tiki on my last playthrough and she confirms in the C support I believe that Chrom is Marth's descendant.

I think the only one that's known for certain is the first exalt. I think some doubt has been cast on whether or not Chrom is a descendant of Marth.

I haven't played the game, but the promo materials clearly state that Chrom's a descendant of the Hero-King and the only Hero-King I know is Marth.

I vaguely remember Chrom commenting about Marth being his ancestor, but my memory is pretty rubbish X D

It was also mentioned in Chrom's barrick profile that he is a decent of Marth.

Edited by King Marth 64

^ this. Just married Tiki on my last playthrough and she confirms in the C support I believe that Chrom is Marth's descendant.

Two things to note:

1. Tiki's idea of Marth personality is WAYYYY to overidealized, which is more in line with Retcon!FE12 Marth

2. Marth's 1000 years before him is likely Sigurd, considering the explanation. Note that Anri is 100 years before Marth and Anri is not even directly related with Marth

That being said, both

Seliph is the first exalt

Edited by JSND

Come now, it was said in the all the promotional materials that Chrom is Marth's descendant.

It's even mentioned in Tiki's supports with the Avatar that Chrom is a distant relation to Marth. He's a descendant of both Marth and the First Exalt, which, until proved otherwise, makes the First Exalt Marth's descendant as well. I don't see why this is getting so hotly debated.