Legend of Heroes "Kiseki" series...

Fruity Insanity

So I've been playing Sora no Kiseki FC on my brother's Vita. (Poor, poor Vita with no great games on it...)

Anyway, so far (I'm on chapter 2 right now), it's really good. Great story.

What I'm surprised about is the... content of the game.

Honestly, I've always been a Nintendo gamer. As in, I never really played games on non-Nintendo consoles... (I've been wanting to get a PS3, but haven't yet...) Yeah, so anyway, there's quite some stuff I never encountered before...

For example, I've never ever ever played a game with more than "mild suggestive themes" before...

Until now.

There's stuff like Schera "breaking Joshua in," or Estelle thinking of Olivier as some sort of perverted guy who's... bisexual or something? (Like, he offers to got on a date with Schera, but when she declines, he says that Joshua would serve as a good replacement. -_-')

And Schera's a heavy drinker, and "tries to strip in public" when she's drunk. XD

So yeah, has anybody else played the game?

And when in the world is XSEED releasing SC??? D:<

Also, how in the world did I not notice the links in Vincent's signature???

I guess he's a Legend of Heroes player, too???

Whoo! It's great to see more Kiseki players!

To be honest, after playing the series, I'm finding it tough to take most modern RPG storylines seriously anymore; the Kiseki stories are just that good. The earlier games are slow-burners though, so be careful about that.

Sadly, nobody knows if XSEED (or anyone) is going to release SC in English. I've heard FC did pretty good, but perhaps not amazing enough for XSEED to prioritise SC's localisation. Plus there's the diminishing PSP market and the fact that SC is freaking massive.

People are hoping XSEED will release in on Steam though.

As for me, I've played up to Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki (the 5th game... oh, poor English players) should be arriving in the mail soon. Annoyingly, FE13 is also out soon, so I'm at a loss at which of my most anticipated 2013 games to play first >___<

Edited by VincentASM

Whoo! It's great to see more Kiseki players!

To be honest, after playing the series, I'm finding it tough to take most modern RPG storylines seriously anymore; the Kiseki stories are just that good. The earlier games are slow-burners though, so be careful about that.

Sadly, nobody knows if XSEED (or anyone) is going to release SC in English. I've heard FC did pretty good, but perhaps not amazing enough for XSEED to prioritise SC's localisation. Plus there's the diminishing PSP market and the fact that SC is freaking massive.

People are hoping XSEED will release in on Steam though.

As for me, I've played up to Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki (the 5th game... oh, poor English players) should be arriving in the mail soon. Annoyingly, FE13 is also out soon, so I'm at a loss at which of my most anticipated 2013 games to play first >___<

Eh? So... that means... There's a likely chance that'd I'd have to import the games to play them?

I mean, I'm learning Japanese (and plan to continue to learn Japanese), but, having grown up speaking English, the language is much more comfortable to be submerged in...

And given the huge walls of text in those games, I'd think it'd be a problem for me to read *all* that in Japanese...

Also, yes, the story seems *much* more... deep and engaging than other RPGs.

I hope XSEED does translate it, though... but, like you already pointed out, given the diminishing PSP market, the public's general lack of interest in RPGs, and the game's huge size... it may not see a release. *sigh*

I'd import, but I don't even have a PSP. >_<

Ah, so many consoles to buy, so little money... :(

My mind screams yes, but my wallet - or what I would call my wallet, strongly disagrees.

*shakes his head*

Oh, and... since you played the games, I guess you know Japanese well, Vincent?

I saw that you translated some comic of Chrom playing FE13... and killing himself (lol), but I think you were implying something about not knowing Japanese that well...

*sigh*

As a side note, I'm such a really lucky person~

Or my brother is; hard to tell...

I played Radiant Dawn, but, at the time, it was quite confusing and difficult... especially since it's not the best introductory FE game around. Then my brother - torn between buying FE11 and Pokemon Ranger - finally decided to get FE11. So he got it around FE11's NA launch date... sometime in February, IIRC... Anyway, if it hadn't been for him, I probably would've never got into Fire Emblem. And - *gasp* - to think that I would never play Fire Emblem... and subsequently join this forum - abhors me. And as bad as FE11 is, I'm so glad I played it~ (Yeah, after playing other FE games, FE10 sucks, but eh, it doesn't really matter... :P)

Likewise, I'm playing Sora no Kiseki, well, accidentally!

My brother (again) was on the PSN, looking for a good RPG to buy... and accidentally ended up buying Sora no Kiseki. Talk about a stroke of luck. :P

Yeah... anyway... the only thing I really find awkward is how Joshua and Estelle fall in love. I mean, after 5 years with each other... they're like siblings! But they fall in love... it doesn't quite make sense... and is sort of strange, since I can't imagine falling in love with a sibling I lived with for five whole years... But eh, good game so far. Very much enjoying it.

Edited by FranticforFreeFruityFruit

Sora no Kiseki SC made me study Japanese

Zero no Kiseki made me buy a PSP

And I regret nothing

Apparently, they're still chipping away at it, and only plan to make an announcement when they're nearly done.

It should be noted that Falcom and Sony figured out a way to release SC on PSN, and that's a good sign. Though I'd rather XSEED released both titles on Steam, so I can give them money.

As for me, I've played up to Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki (the 5th game... oh, poor English players) should be arriving in the mail soon.

/posts spoilers for Ao's ending

I still have Nayuta no Kiseki deluxe box still sealed... with that plushie and drama CD. xD

You suck Rey

*shakes his head*

Oh, and... since you played the games, I guess you know Japanese well, Vincent?

I saw that you translated some comic of Chrom playing FE13... and killing himself (lol), but I think you were implying something about not knowing Japanese that well...

*sigh*

Nah, I know Chinese, which is the next best thing.

The Chinese Falcom community seems pretty big. Heck, they even got their own PC ports, created from scratch, so demand must be high.

My Japanese knowledge is almost non-existent, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve...

/posts spoilers for Ao's ending

Oi, you >: o

Edited by VincentASM

I am the worst person at languages ever.

In spite of that, I have seriously considered learning Japanese solely to play the rest of the series. Technically speaking, I also joined this place because I saw the series mentioned on the FE12 translation page... and because I made a Nayuta sig and then one of my friends (who goes (went?) here) asked me if I knew Vincent because he had almost the same sig. :L

FORUM FASHION FAUX-PAS AVERTED

So yes, I rather liked FC. I still have confidence XSEED will find a way to release SC... but beyond that, 3rd basically depends on how well the series catches on on Steam, and Zero/Azure/Flash are never getting localized, period. this has not stopped me from making avatars/sigs based on 3rd/azure/flash just because pretty arts

I won't fault them if they can't finish it. They're a small company who bit off more than they could chew, and it's amazing they managed to do what they did. But nonetheless, if that cliffhanger ain't ever resolved in English I'll be pretty disappointed.

And... yeah. Oh, I suppose I could mention the music, but again, this is Falcom, so that really goes without saying.

It is Vincent's fault that I started the Legend of Heroes series. The battle system is odd. No one dies, despite many opportunities to do so. Yet I always return, and it's not because of the empty treasure chest messages!

If they do release it on Steam, I will buy it. Hell, they could release it for Xbox, and I'd still buy it!

Whoo, it feels great that I had some impact X D

Oh... what's this?

Falcom's releasing a PC version of Zero no Kiseki after all? Don't tell me they're localising the Chinese PC port. Man, the irony.

Chances of English fans getting Zero no Kiseki +0.0000001%!

Falcom's releasing a PC version of Zero no Kiseki after all? Don't tell me they're localising the Chinese PC port. Man, the irony.

They are. A port of a port of a port

Chances of English fans getting Zero no Kiseki +0.0000001%!

Sometimes I think only a fan translation would save them.

Darn, forgot one point: The music is AMAZING. Like, if there was an Etrian Odyssey x Legend of Heroes game, I think the music would be so awesome that everyone would be stuck on the title screen, too awestruck to play the game!

I also like the fact that you're able to run from point A to point B and potentially NOT engage in battles. Perhaps I can abuse this and do a low-level run one day. . .

Darn, forgot one point: The music is AMAZING. Like, if there was an Etrian Odyssey x Legend of Heroes game, I think the music would be so awesome that everyone would be stuck on the title screen, too awestruck to play the game!

Stop right there

My body would not be able to take Yuzo Koshiro and Falcom JDK band at the same time

I also like the fact that you're able to run from point A to point B and potentially NOT engage in battles. Perhaps I can abuse this and do a low-level run one day. . .

Some quartz even allow you to remain completely undetected

But I'm not comfortable with calling a self-imposed challenge an abuse (the real abuse would be getting surprise attacks all the time - which is already a big bonus in TitS, and even more in Zero/Ao)