Return of the Emblem Chapter Eleven: Unleash

Phoenix

ENEMY PHASE(#3)

Raquel finally began to come to and she didn't like what she was feeling. At first she thought she was in the jaws of a dragon about to be chewed up and swallowed, but as she opened her eyes, she realized she was only tightly restrained with Blake. What really surprised her was what was restraining them. Right away she could tell that they were wrapped up in something created by the fire emblem, but that raised even more questions. She got the answer to one when she looked up to see a woman nearby. This long train of blades was spawning from a hilt that she was holding onto. Try as she did, she couldn't get free though. Then by some chance, Kit appeared, having descended from on high and more or less challenged the girl, who Raquel was beginning to recognize more and more by the second.

And that was when things got serious. "You're just trying to distract me! Leave me alone," Cassandra shouted, giving the biggest clue to Raquel of who she was, and then dispersing the snake sword completely.

That was my voice! Raquel finally realized that this is the girl Colin had warned her about, though she still couldn't make out the woman's face just yet. Her vision was blurry from just having come to. Is she that ... other me? And she's using an emblem piece? What had them bound moments ago was steadily disintegrating around them, turning into golden dust and then fading into golden fading light. Raquel tried to get up but only managed to sit in the dirt for the moment, supported by her right arm.

"Don't make me kill you," Cassandra warned, and then the emblem began to stir again, forging yet another weapon for her. This time it was something much more intimidating to most than a simple snake sword. A blunderbuss formed in her hand, but this blunderbuss had a unique design, with a dragon statue's body wrapping around the main body of the gun, three barrels protruding from the dragon's mouth, and a tail that seemed to be made of something soft as it wrapped around Cassandra's entire right arm. On the surface, the tail still looked to be made of metal, but it didn't resist her movements. Aiming the three barreled dragon shotgun at Kit, Cassandra immediately began firing, one shot after the next, yelling in frustration as she did so.

Samael continued to watch from up on the wall while the archers began to focus on Raquel and Blake. "Wait ten more seconds," he instructed.

Meanwhile all sorts of violence ensued, but Sardis kept his focus on the invisible assassin who had just stabbed him. If there was one thing he knew for certain, it was that an urban environment was the only place she would be completely safe from the methods of detection he could use to find her, and the Dauntless' very presence was just the demonstration of dust dispersal he needed to hit up on that idea after her attack. "You can't hide from me ... not if you plan to actually help them," Sardis said to her before raising up his hand, aiming his palm at the ground as a dark sphere began to form there, and then trusting it into the ground. The result was an explosion of dirt and dust. It traveled out in all directions and revealed a partial silhouette of his attacker to him. Without a moment's hesitation, he charged her, drawing his sword and attacking in one swift motion. The result wasn't what he was expecting, but it wasn't the result his attacker was expecting either.

"You're good ..." Sardis grudgingly acknowledged.

"..." She remained silent as she pulled back. She had struck Sardis before his attack landed with a wind spell that pierced deep into his chest. She missed her intended target though, his heart. Meanwhile, Sardis' attack had been blocked by her sword. When she tried to fall back to a safe distance, he swung again, cutting Ayano's blade in half and nearly cutting her in half as well. An explosion of light and dark magic forced her back and saved her life, and injured Sardis even further, but she wasn't going to continue after that. She'd done all she could for them without sacrificing herself. That was enough. As she began to quickly fade from view again, Sardis pulled himself together and smirked at the trail of blood she was leaving in her wake.

"There's something satisfying about defeating assassins," he mused aloud before returning his attention to the battle at hand.

Colin had his hands full with an injured 'enemy' and a very legitimate charging pair of enemies. "Gods, are they fucking insane?!" Before Colin could get the answer to that question, someone, probably Nel, attacked them with an overwhelmingly large light magic attack and nearly took them both out with it. "Well ... that's convenient, for me at least. Faatina, listen, you've been poisoned. It's not going to kill you unless you're in a severely weakened state already, so keeping drinking this and don't waste your energy. I can't get you an actual healer in all of this confusion right now." Turning to a nearby wyvern rider and pegasus knight, he said, "Jerald, Ellis, keep those idiots off of me, okay? I'm going to try to get her some help."

Tossing over another vulnerary from his pack, Jerald said, "You know ... we weren't all looking forward to these people becoming our allies. My brother ..."

"I know," Colin interjected when Jerald paused. "But I was. She didn't kill your brother, so keep that in mind ..."

Bard B heals Sardis! +4 hp
-3 hp
Bard B hp 13/21
Sardis hp 50/54
Bard boosts allied hit! +1

Sardis attacks Ayano! Ayano rolls 3,6,3 on counterspell!
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024609/
AUTOHIT!
-15 hp
Sardis rolls 4,4,4
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024523/
LETHAL HIT!
-32 hp KO!
Sardis loses 8 points from backlash!

Ayano hp 0/21
Sardis hp 27/54

Mage A attacks Rook! Rolls 4,2,6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024523/
HIT!
-10 hp
Mage A hp 18/18
Rook hp 14/24

Mage B attacks Arietta! Rolls 2,1,3
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024524/
HIT!
-8 hp
Mage B hp 11/18
Arietta hp 13/24

Pegasus Knight A attacks Veronika! Rolls 6,5,4
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024525/
HIT!
-7 hp

Pegasus Knight A hp 11/18
Veronika hp 2/15

Falcoknight A attacks Grant! Grant rolls 5,5,2 on counterspell!
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024526/
MISS!
Falcoknight A rolls 1,6,6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024526/
CRITICAL HIT!
-2 hp (Plagued)

Falcoknight A hp 18/18
Grant hp 19/21

Pegasus knight B attacks Mao! Rolls 6,3,4
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024528/
HIT!
-3 hp (Poison reset)

Pegasus knight B hp 15/15
Mao hp 15/18

Pegasus knight C attacking Nadya! Gytha intercepts! Pegasus Knight C rolls 4,6,4
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024529/
AUTOHIT!
-5 hp (Poisoned)

Nadya hp 21/21
Gytha hp 19/24
Pegasus Knight B hp 15/15

Myrmidon A attacks Sinbad, Synthia, and Grant with a WRATHDAMN GRENADE!!! Rolls 5,6,4
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024530/
HIT! HIT! HIT!
Sinbad loses 14 hp, Grant loses 7, Synthia is KO'd!

Sinbad hp 10/24
Grant hp 12/21
Synthia hp 0/12

Bishop B attacks Gabbie, Norbert, and Valter! Rolls 3,3,6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024534/
HIT! HIT! MISS!
Gabbie loses 11 hp, and Bert loses 9 hp

Gabbie hp 5/21
Bert hp 9/18
Valter hp 15/15
Bishop B hp 18/18

Archer B attacks Luka! Rolls 6,4,3
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024531/
CRITICAL HIT!
-22 hp KO!

Luka hp 0/15
Archer B hp 15/15

Poison and Plague ticks!
Veronika -3 KO
Grant -7
Gabbie -5 KO
Mao -4
Katrina -8
Gytha -5

ENEMIES
Sardis 27/54 (Erratic) Fissure
Bishop A 0/18
Halberdier A 0/21
---
Hayato 0/21
Warrior A 0/21
Warrior B 0/21
---
Colin 21/21 (Erratic) Pascal
Wyvern Lord A 27/27 (Defensive) Warden Lance
Falcon Knight A 18/18 (Passive-Subvert) Razor Lance
---
Silvia 18/18 (Erratic) Viper
General A 30/30 (Defensive) Horseslayer Lance
Warlock A 24/24 (Defensive) Advanced Shield Fire Tome
---
Adept A 0/21
Bard A 0/21
Mage A 18/18 (Aggressive) Elfire Tome
---
Wyvern Rider A 24/24 (Defending-Aggressive) Advanced Barrier Axe
Falcoknight B 18/18 (Aggressive) Plague Lance
Pegasus Knight A 11/18 (Aggressive) Poison Lance
---
Fighter A 0/21
Mercenary A /0/15
Shaman A 0/15
---
Knight A 0/24
Archer A 0/15
Cleric A 0/18
---
Magician A 0/24
Shaman B 0/15
Soldier A 0/18
---
Monk A 21/21 (Defending-Aggressive) Advanced Shield Light Tome
Bard B 13/21 (Aggressive) Combat Knife
Mage B 11/18 (Aggressive) Elfire Tome
---
Wyvern Knight B (Defending-Aggressive) Rune Axe
Pegasus Knight B (Aggressive) Poison Lance
Pegasus Knight C (Aggressive) Poison Lance
---
Warrior C 0/27
Mercenary B 0/18
Druid A 0/21
---
Myrmidon A (Aggressive) Disabling Sword(SPD)
Archer B (Subvert) Killer Bow
Bishop B (Aggressive) Force Light Tome

------
NPCS
Ayano (Erratic) 0/21 Ayano's Shield
------
PCS
Faatina 0/15
Reign 0/24
Veronika 0/15
---
Grant 5/21
Sinbad 10/24
Synthia 0/12
---
Aneda 18/18
Chelsea 15/15
Gar 0/9
---
Marella 0/24
Rook 14/24
Zach 0/15
---
Arietta 13/24
Axel 0/18
---
Mushirah 24/24
Katrina 5/24
Shadrak 0/18
---
Gabriella 0/21
Norbert 9/18
Valter 15/15
---
Gytha 14/24
Nadya 21/21
Robin 0/15
---
Luka 0/15
Mao 11/18
Tia 4/18

OTHER PHASE

Ayano hides somewhere.

PLAYER PHASE (#4)

Edited by Phoenix

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rook dragged Marella across the dirt. "Not gonna die poor..." he muttered. "Not gonna die poor... not- tchaAARrgh!"

The fireball came in hard and strong, smashing into Rook's back and sending him to the ground. Instinctively, he shielded Marella with his body. "N-not ... dead ... yet!" The archer dragged Marella to safety, then turned, drawing an arrow and ready to fire once again. "I'm still ready to fight, you jugglefucking cocksucking cuntdrinkers! I'm not done yet!"

Veronika felt another lance stab her, her entire world felt like it was spinning. Where's Raquel? Where's Pavel? Have to keep fighting... she resolved to herself, but her body would not comply, instead dropping onto the ground limply.

There were too many problems to be solved all at once...Nadya decided to trot Luca over and save Reign, who seemed to be in pretty bad shape. "Up and at 'em Reign!" she said, trying to be inspiring as she applied her staff. Reign 0/24--> 18/24 +3 Gytha, Nadya, Robin

Crudles! This wasn't going good at all! The people Tia had been fighting with were being knocked out of the fight left and right, most with bad wounds while a few were still managing to hold together. At this rate, mere survival was starting to look unlikely.

"Connor! Gytha! Someone! You said you had plenty more grenades int eh Dauntless? I think we're going to need them bad!" she called out as she sent out another mist. They needed time right now to get those grenades to deploy if they were going to survive, or even if they didn't need those, they certainly needed the boon regardless!

As soon as she was done she got her tome ready, flipping through the pages to get to a good spell as she targeted one of the enemy monks. Attacking a backliner like him might disrupt the fight enough as they tried to keep him safe, or target her, or ignore him entirely as they were winning... It was risky to be sure! This time she didn't go for such a grand spell and resigned herself to a mere launch of a water-wall at the enemy monk, slamming hard into him. Almost right away the monk started to chant for what Tia was sure would be a mighty light spell! Something she knew she couldn't allow!

As fast as she could she whipped the water about and drove it upwards, flooding the monks mouth and causing him to gag as he tried to conjure up a spell, ultimately disrupting it before it could be launched. Tia smiled. She had saved herself from a bit of pain there... but she was certain that that would NOT be lasting long. Best to practice cowering like a little girl for when big bad evil man decided she was the new biggest threat.

Tia Bards for +hit! Tia HP 10/18

Tia attacks Monk A with a 3, 6, 1! Hit! Tia deals 6 damage to Monk A! 15/21 HP left!

Monk A tries to stun! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024851/ 6, 2, 6. AUTO HIT!

Tia goes 'NOPE' and uses a DP to make him reroll.

Monk A gets a http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024853/ 5, 6, 2. He cries at a roll that would be great almost any other time, but misses.

Monk A counters with a 2, 2, 5. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024847/ MISS!

Edited by Snowy_One

"You're quite well versed in offensive constructs, I'm impressed." Kit complimented, as physical manifestations of her magic deflected or blocked the incoming shots. It seemed that the emblem was allowing her to create free-form metallic matter that she could reshape to her will, and that the emblem itself rounded out the necessary composition for the construct to function.

"The Fire Emblem... it really is amazing~ You're offense isn't bad, but let's see how your defence is~" Kit chimed in, as multiple dark stars began to form about her.

"Hehe~ Don't try to dodge, because it won't work~ Defend as best as you can, Emblem wielder~" Kit mused, as the summoned stars shot towards their target, the basic luna technique ramped up considerably by a far more potent projectile. The repulsing effect of the stars would lock down any movement in the target as they closed in, and it wouldn't take much for the dark constructs to begin breaking bones and rending flesh... though Kit had no intention of causing the girl too much harm, and aimed to ensure non-lethal damage... she had to be able to heal her up afterwards, didn't she?

Ah, it was ready. To add on to the pressure of her assault, a simple dark shot would do fine. If the emblem could change the composition of it's barriers on the fly, it would repel this shot with ease... if not, well, just another wound to the torso that she would have to heal.

These blasted mages... every time Arietta felt herself being healed, another blast of magic slammed into her form, though this one felt weaker than the ones before. Were they running out of energy, or was her resilience just increasing?

So she was right about the poison, huh? Taking another drink from the vulnerary, she could feel a bit of strength coming back to her... though her body was still battered and her insides a rebellious mess, it didn't feel quite so bad as it did before... perhaps that particular toxin spiked up to a certain point, and began to wear off afterward... or it could just have been the dosage, Faatina wasn't quite sure.

"You... really wanted peace didn't you? I... until now I hadn't really thought about what I was doing... Colin... I'm sorry." It was all she could think to say... had she been thinking of it from the beginning, what might have changed? Could she have solved anything... likely not. Still, she had been unable to prevent any of this... that alone was worth apologizing for once again.

Edited by Ether

Retake the Line

"Well ... it'd be nice to not have to go down here. Thanks, Nadya." Reign stopped leaning against the Dauntless and tried to pick out the most dangerous group still after them. He decided on the guys with the force light magic and the grenades and prepared a spell as quickly as he could to assault the lot of them at once. They all got hit by the blast, but none of them died right away. That was fine by Reign. They were in no position to properly defend themselves now, and his allies could take them down easily for the most part.

Reign attacks Myrmidon A, Archer B, and Bishop B! Myrmidon A uses Vantage. Rolls 4,3,6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024844/
HIT! (Reign's spd reduced to 7)
-6 hp
Reign rolls 4,1,6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024841/
HIT! HIT! HIT!
Myrmidon A -10, Archer B -10, Bishop B -7(MTD)

Myrmidon A hp 5/15
Archer B hp 5/15
Bishop B hp 11/18

+3 points for Faatina/Reign/Veronika

Norbert had made fair headway when he heard Valter call out. Not hurting her? He had only been able to see Conlin holding Faatina from the distance he'd been at initially and had made the assumption that he'd been taking advantage of her weakened state. Now that he was closer, though, he looked again. The tickets were now diamonds. It seemed more like he was...trying to help her? That didn't make any sense. He was beginning to slow down, however. That was when there was a sudden, giant flash of light. It wasn't just light, though, evidently, as it also hurt quite a bit. The pain coupled with how unexpected the attack had been forced a vocal reflex from Norbert. "Aagh!" Rizen let loose a short cry but the primary effect the attack had had on her was her amended course, which steered away from the side the attack hit from, then to slow down progressively and significantly.

At least, that was her plan. Norbert shook off the attack as quickly as he could, blinking as his vision steadily returned and stopped Rizen himself. Even while his sight was compromised, he locked his eyes back on Faatina and eyed those around her carefully. It looked like Colin was leaving her alone, though he stopped to talk to some of his fellows first. What do I do? I can't just charge up to them. That...didn't go so well last time... I can't just leave Faatina with them, though! Grr... But...it looked like he was maybe helping her... That makes no sense, but... I can't tell if they're capturing her or just trying to help her survive! Blast it... "What do I do?"

+1pt to Norbert, Valter and Gabbie for an unused defend

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wasn't long after Gytha had offered to look out for Nadya that that opportunity arrived. A woman riding a pegasus swooped in to attack Nadya. Gytha, however, leaped into as good a position as she could to parry the lady's lance away from the woman on a horse. However, her parry wasn't quite as successful as she had hoped it would have been.

The lance managed to cut a long, shallow cut into Gytha's right forearm before flying off. That cut sure stung more than usual. She felt a bit more tired than usual, too. What was that...? Sure is an odd injura... Oh. Well, if it's poisoned... That's not good. Gytha grimaced as she looked at the wound but that was all the mind she was going to pay it for the time being. She was still perfectly able to fight and protect. A few more hits would make things difficult, though.

+3pts to Gytha, Nadya and Robin for a successful defend (if I'm remembering the amount of pts this awards right)

Edited by Mercakete

Rook doesn't believe in giving enemies a chance to retort his masterful insults, and shoots one of the mages in the chest. The filthy spell-slinger spits out blood and pitches backward, lifeless.

Mage B dies. Ella/Rook/Zach +5 pts

The chains, perhaps miraculously, disintegrated into golden dust, right as the woman-who sounded just like Raquel, too- cursed Kit for getting into the way, and summoned up a different weapon - a customized blunderbuss, it seemed- and began to fire. This was an excellent turn of events, especially with his ward just waking up now. Unfortunately, she didn't seem to be able to get up for the time being. He'd have to carry her again. Blake scrambled to his feet, dropped his sword, and picked Raquel up with both hands, before resuming his escape.

"C'mon, we're getting you to the Dauntless," Blake said, ignoring his cuts and his sword for the time being.

OOC: Letting Grant react after Roy posts.

Aaaand, the battle took a turn for the worse, what with most of the group getting knocked out. This was a lost battle from the get go, if the enemy leader weren't here they would have less casualties. That's right, it was that Sardine's fault that they were losing in the first place. Thankfully Colin was making googly eyes at Faatina and taking care of her, which made things a bit easier for the rest of the group... but the troubadour felt uneasy about that scene.

Chelsea was a tad angry at Colin, but she pushed that feeling aside, and urged Nenesha to hurry on over to Gar. Pointing her staff at the smug speedster, she let loose a blast of healing energy at Gar's body. As soon, as that was done she noticed that Luka, the person who warped Raquel's group out of Sardine's Fortress of Doom TM was finally unconscious after an arrow was lodged into the boy's body. Chelsea scooped him up, along with the rest of his things and made some adjustments to heal the kid.

"Seriously, you did so much for us, I'll buy you sweets so-"- she began saying as she directed Nenesha to the Dauntless, then faced Luka and began applying healing magic on the place where the arrow was. This was only for a few seconds before she pulled out the arrow in one go, grateful that the wound wasn't so deep. "-so just stay alive right now." When she arrived at the Dauntless, she made sure to drop Luka off as well as heal the rest of the group that was here, including pulling those that were near to the Dauntless, like Zach, Robin and Veronika to the safety of the wagon-mobile.

Chelsea revives Gar! YAAAAAY!!
Gar HP: 2/9
Points to Team Ga/Ne/Sea +3

Edited by GoD

'Stabbing pain, falling, even more pain... What happened to me?'

These were the thoughts of Luka as he lay bleeding and broken on the ground. From the magical overload strain, combined with being shot, the boy's pain receptors had been completely overloaded. Lacking even the ability to grasp his stave the healer was completely immobilized, just wishing that he could go home, that it would all just stop, that the pain wouldn't come back even worse.

Edited by Eail

Is that... Are you kidding me, anonymous enemy pegasus knight...? Do you have a personal vendetta against me? Did I kill your firstborn child? Sink your boat? Insult your cooking!?

Mao nudged Water to the side in an attempt to simply pass the blow from the irritating pegasus knight. The enemy swooped down, putting its downward momentum into its attack. This time, she was holding her trusted smallsword and parried the blow away from her vital areas, but the momentum of the heavy lance was hard to block. The lance once again grazed Mao, this time on her shoulder. She was immediately reminded again of the sickening feeling of poison slipping into her bloodstream. Quickly checking her injury and her surroundings for situational awareness, she evaluated her predicament. She wasn't in a terribly off state, but if the battle dragged on, she'd be having problems. Mao fell back towards the Dauntless; she didn't see a good opening for a snipe nor room for charging at anybody. Not yet, anyway.

Mushirah attacks Monk A, deals 3 damage, takes 1 damage, gets stunned. ( http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024877/

+ http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024880/ )

Mushirah(STUN): 23/24

Monk A: 12/21

Aneda attacks Bishop, deals 9 damage, takes 6 damage (actually a lie but whatever). ( http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024878/ )

Aneda: 18/18

Bishop... whatever number/letter he is: 2/18

Edited by ReformBlade

Allies were falling left and right, and Kat felt like she was about to collapse herself. What was on that lance? Chancing a look at her arm, the gash was starting to look a very unhealthy shade of purple and red. She figured out fairly quickly that she didn’t have much time left before she passed out, and with most of the team’s healers down that really only left the option to siphon life energy while she could. One of the injured archers was as good a target as any. Silently thankful that Volga could move well, even if she couldn’t, the wyvern rider had her mount run at the archer while she activated the nosferatu spell and took a swing. The energy she received in exchange was certainly helpful, but it didn't seem to be enough. It wouldn’t be long now…

Kat attacks Archer B

Roll: 2,2,3

7+2+1(bard)=10-9=HIT

7+2=9-0=9 DMG

Kat heals 2 HP because archer only has 5 left (7/24)

Archer B’s ded

Kat’s HP: 7/24

---

Bert seemed to have gotten the message and started slowing down right before a bright light engulfed the both of them. Valter managed to evade the brunt of the attack, but the flash had affected his eyes and it was taking a few seconds to adjust. Phyllis was similarly blinded, and it took him slightly longer to calm her down and catch up to Norbert, who seemed to be having a minor crisis. “You could not run off by yourself, for one,” the horseman said, perhaps a bit more coldly than intended, but he’d noticed that while they had been over here playing horse tag Gabbie had been KO’d behind them. “Tina’s fine for now, you should continue what you were doing before and ferry the injured,” he continued, nocking an arrow.

Valter rings for +4MT, attacks Bard B!

Roll: 2,2,3

13+2+1(bard)=16-13=Hit

7+2+4(ring)=13-1=12 DMG

Bard B’s HP: 1/21

Valter’s HP: 15/15

---

One moment Synthia was heading back to the rendezvous point by the Dauntless, the next she was flying head first into it. The explosion behind her probably had something to do with that. After the crack of head meeting wood covered steel, she was very much unconscious. Well, that plan apparently did not work.

A Man Called Gar

In his tactical withdrawl that one girl who got shot at the manse came on over and healed him all slightly up. It was enough to fight though. Gar turned right back around and saw that all the jackasses who ganged up on him were nowhere to be seen standing up.

Son of a bitch what is it with the kill stealing? Gar darkly thought. Whatever, I'll just go stab that jackass over there. Jolly jolly day~. Gar used the confusion that others induced and slew another member of the enemies cartel. It ended up being pretty damn messy all things considered. A face wasn't built for being stabbed so many times. Three. All the way to the top~. Gar faded back into his ways.

Gar cleaned his knife.

Gar attacks Myrmidon A. Gar autohits, Gar vantages, Gar does 9 damage minimum, Myrmidon A has 5 HP.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024892/

Gar does 14 x 3 = 42 damage. What a senseless waste of a roll.

Myrmidon A dies.

Gar 2/9

Myrmidon A 0/15.

Aneda/Chelsea/Gar +5 points.

Edited by Script

Well, Valter clearly wasn't enthused about his dash into danger. "She's too close to them. Heck, she's in their midst!" Norbert disagreed with a shake of his head. Valter killed someone. That was helpful, though off-topic. "And besides, we're not close enough to know that she's okay for sure. We can't just leave her with them, can we? What if they take her captive?"

Norbert's frustrated look shifted to one that was more at a loss. "Besides, I can't carry as many as are falling back to the Dauntless by myself. We bring one back to safety and three more fall to the ground..." Now he seemed downright concerned and somewhat contemplative, "I'm not gonna lie; it's not looking good. I'm not giving up, but..."

The pegasus rider shook his head, whatever his true emotions were, they then hid behind a defiant look. "Keep yourself safe."

Edited by Mercakete

Note: Mage B getting RookRoll'd for future reference.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024860/

ENEMY PHASE (#4)

"Just remember what I told you, Cassandra; you can direct your rage into the emblem and use it as a weapon. There's no need to be controlled by it, is there?" Samael's words to her prior to their appearance on the fortress wall came back to her, and she was indeed enraged. This woman attacking her under the guise of curiosity wasn't going to stop her from reaching Raquel. She would pry the metal wagon open like a tin can if she had to. For now, she had to deal with these miniature dark stars and shot. "Leave me aloooone!" As the dark shot struck her, she rolled back with the impact to get on all fours, and then the next forge began, starting on her back. What began as another light show ended as an oozing golden mass pouring down over her entire body and hardening to unimaginable strength as the dark stars arrived. She was untouchable now, shielded underneath a golden dome that could put any other shield or barrier to shame.

"Aaaand, fire," Samael softly ordered, a little over ten seconds after delaying the archers. They took aim and unleashed a storm of arrows at Raquel and Blake. Aiming through the dust kicked up by the Dauntless wasn't easy, but a good number of the arrows struck Blake. Three initially and then another five when they fired a second volley.

"Gaaa-Blake!" It was easy enough for Raquel to tell that he'd been hit, especially when they started firing again.

At the same time, Samael had turned his attention back toward Cassandra and the mysterious fox woman, deciding now would be a good time to intervene more directly. He figured the emblem piece would at least survive what he was about to do to the lot of them. "Let's test your defenses now, shall we?" Holding out his hands, palms facing the area between Kit and the Dauntless, index fingertip on fingertip and thumb on thumb, Samael quickly charged up a powerful light spell.

"Maybe ..." Colin vaguely answered in response to 'wanting peace'. "You guys would have been better off with us," he began to explain. "Some of you are dumb, absentminded, and most are paranoid, but this was a golden opportunity and we're just throwing it all away over two incidence, the way it began in Sergio and ... that raging dragon bastard ..."

Meanwhile Sardis rejoined the battle in force, keeping Fissure sheathed for the time being and relying on his regular magic. Running a short distance passed Hayato before stopping, Sardis launched a dark burst aimed at Sinbad. His aim was good enough even at that distance and the cowboy was struck hard. Turning back to Hayato with a look of pity, he said, "Don't give up on me just yet, Hayato," and offered him a hand up. The injured swordsman barely had the strength to reach out and grab it, but eventually managed. As Sardis handed Hayato off to another, he turned toward his enemies and shouted, "This is what you wanted, wasn't it?! All of this pointless violence and death! Well I good news for you then ..." He turned his gaze back toward the various buildings inside the fortress for a moment and then turned back. "We have plenty of men and women still alive who would leap at the chance to avenge the fallen. Surrender now, or die ... all of you."

Meanwhile, Silvia ran into the fighting. She couldn't just wait around anymore, but she'd moved in too late. She couldn't save a friend from being brutally murdered by Gar. Despite her relentless attacks following it, she only seemed a little peeved. "Why did you do that to him?!" she questioned as she took five very fast swings at Gar. None connected cleanly, but at least she'd gotten him away from the man ... alive or not.

Gabbie eventually began using Hannah to stay on her feet. She couldn't fight or defend anyone anymore and wasn't going to make a mess of things trying. Unfortunately she was too weak to mount the pegasus either, so a quick escape or return to the Dauntless was out of the question.

Reign meanwhile had gotten off his attack but received some unwanted attention from the pegasus knights for it. His strength quickly left him again and with no Dauntless to lean on this time, he fell to one knee and tried not to leave himself too open for a follow up attack.

Shadrak began to come to again but was too weak to do anything. Looking around, he was shocked to see so many of their own on the ground, writhing in agony, or barely hanging on. "W-what's going on? How many of them ... are there?"

Sardis equips 'Dark Burst' and attacks Sinbad! Rolls 1,1,6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024906/
HIT!
-11 hp KO!
Sinbad hp 0/24
Sardis hp 27/54

Silvia equips Lethal Edge and attacks Gar! Activates Astra!
Rolls:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024908/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024909/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024910/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024911/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024912/
MISS! MISS! MISS! MISS! MISS!
Gar hp 2/9
Silvia hp 18/18

Bishop B heals Bard B! +13 hp
Bard B hp 13/21

Mage A attacks Rook! Rolls 2,5,4
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024896/
HIT!
-14 hp KO!
Rook hp 0/24
Mage A hp 18/18
Bard B boosts allied MT! +1
-4 hp

Bard B attacks Valter! Rolls 2,6,1
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024898/
MISS!
Bard B hp 9/21
Valter hp 15/15

Pegasus knight A attacks Katrina! Rolls 5,1,4
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024900/
HIT!
0 damage (Poison reset)
Katrina hp 7/24
Pegasus knight A hp 11/18

Falcoknight B attacks Reign! Reign rolls 3,3,3 on counterspell!
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024901/
-5 hp!
Falcoknight B rolls 3,5,3
AUTOHIT!
-7 hp (Plagued)
Reign hp 5/24
Falcoknight B hp 11/18

Pegasus knight B attacks Arietta! Rolls 4,6,3
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024907/
HIT!
-3 hp (Poisoned)
Arietta hp 10/24
Pegasus knight B hp 18/18

Pegasus knight C attacks Aneda! Rolls 2,1,3
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024903/
MISS!
Aneda hp 18/18
Pegasus knight C hp 18/18

Poison and Plague tick!

Reign -8 KO

Grant -7 KO

Katrina -8 KO

Arietta -5

Gytha -5

Mao -4

ENEMIES
Sardis 27/54 (Erratic) Dark Burst
Bishop A 0/18
Halberdier A 0/21
---
Hayato 0/21
Warrior A 0/21
Warrior B 0/21
---
Colin 21/21 (Erratic) Pascal
Wyvern Lord A 27/27 (Defensive) Warden Lance
Falcon Knight A 18/18 (Passive-Subvert) Razor Lance
---
Silvia 18/18 (Erratic) Lethal Edge
General A 30/30 (Defensive) Horseslayer Lance
Warlock A 24/24 (Defensive) Advanced Shield Fire Tome
---
Adept A 0/21
Bard A 0/21
Mage A 18/18 (Aggressive) Elfire Tome
---
Wyvern Rider A 24/24 (Defending-Aggressive) Advanced Barrier Axe
Falcoknight B 11/18 (Aggressive) Plague Lance
Pegasus Knight A 11/18 (Aggressive) Poison Lance
---
Fighter A 0/21
Mercenary A /0/15
Shaman A 0/15
---
Knight A 0/24
Archer A 0/15
Cleric A 0/18
---
Magician A 0/24
Shaman B 0/15
Soldier A 0/18
---
Monk A 12/21 (Defending-Aggressive) Advanced Shield Light Tome
Bard B 9/21 (Aggressive) Combat Knife
Mage B 0/18
---
Wyvern Knight B (Defending-Aggressive) Rune Axe
Pegasus Knight B (Aggressive) Poison Lance
Pegasus Knight C (Aggressive) Poison Lance
---
Warrior C 0/27
Mercenary B 0/18
Druid A 0/21
---
Myrmidon A 0/15
Archer B 0/18
Bishop B 2/18(Aggressive) Force Light Tome
------
NPCS
Ayano (Erratic) 0/21 Ayano's Shield
------
PCS
Faatina 0/15
Reign 0/24
Veronika 0/15
---
Grant 0/21
Sinbad 0/24
Synthia 0/12
---
Aneda 18/18
Chelsea 15/15
Gar 2/9
---
Marella 0/24
Rook 0/24
Zach 0/15
---
Arietta 5/24
Axel 0/18
---
Mushirah 23/24
Katrina 0/24
Shadrak 0/18
---
Gabriella 0/21
Norbert 9/18
Valter 15/15
---
Gytha 9/24
Nadya 21/21
Robin 0/15
---
Luka 0/15
Mao 7/18
Tia 10/18

PLAYER PHASE (#5)

Edited by Phoenix

Rook screamed as the fire consumed him, then slammed into the ground when it subsided. As his vision started to fade, he could see Marella where she'd been left as far from the fighting as possible. He licked the blood from his lips.

"M'rella... I'm... sorry..."

With some of the fallen now in the Dauntless, or at least near it so that Connor could hoist them up if he had the balls to get out, Chelsea climbed atop Nenesha and directed him to where Rook had fallen. The same process as before, she hoisted the... heavy drinker up to Nenesha, and she applied some minimal healing on the archer and dropped him off at the Dauntless.

Afterwards she rode over to Gytha and healed some of her wounds. "Hopefully you haven't lost the will to fight, Gytha. Keep on."

Chelsea heals her girl friend Gytha for 9HP!! Shipmates AHOY!!
Gytha now has 18/24 HP
Team Not Dead has gained 2 Points. Yippee!! (Throws confetti everywhere)

Edited by GoD

Well things were going poorly, Reign was down again right after she healed him. Maybe I should consider surrenderin'...I'll wait until things get real hopeless I guess. Nadya thought to herself, healing the big hammer woman again.

Nadya heals Arietta +13 HP Arietta 18/24

Gytha and Tia had left to defend the Dauntless and joined the battle. Blake seemed to be trying to escape with Raquel, there was magic flying all around and that lady with the fake fox tails was back again. Then he saw Blake take the arrow wounds as Raquel screamed. I can't just sit back and do nothing... Connor thought to himself, grabbing an elixir from the Dauntless, uncorking it and pouring it on his wound. "Please don't die," he said to Blake, not sure what else was appropriate in this situation.

A Man Called Gar

One of the enemies shouted, accused them of wanting violence and death. For Gar that certainly was true, it was his whole life after all, but others--especially Raquel? No. Gar didn't know or care why things had gone to arms--he could ask after they won. But the shouting clearly made it less straightforward than it could be.

Surrender and death were, of course, completely out of the question. The bluff of more men was ridiculous. If they had more they would already be out.

The Silvia swordswoman came swinging at Gar. But it wasn't fast enough to cut him. He stepped and moved with deliberate measure as she expended herself and backed away before he could strike back. It was close, but she was still slower than her. The question she asked, "Why did you do that to him?!", tugged a memory of Suzzy Q. He answered. "On the battlefield I kill. Sometimes cleanly, sometimes with a crimson mess. But I kill. Just as any who take up arms must resolve themself to being a killer or being killed."

Edited by Script

They were making good progress, the Raquel lookalike was busy, and the Dauntless was getting closer by the moment. Almost there...

Then, Blake felt a sharp pain in his back. Then two more. Then another five. This hurt. A lot. The Ursian man fell to the ground, dropping Raquel against his own will. Speaking of the merchant, she was screaming. Dammit, there was no need for that. Not for him. The fallen swordsman tried to get up, but couldn't no matter how hard he tried. Eventually, someone- Connor by his voice? came over and poured something on his injuries and begged him not to die. It eased the pain a bit, but not enough so that he could get up. Even breathing was hard and painful.

"Get... Raquel to the ... the Dauntless," Blake managed to get out, before he began to cough. Oh, there was red. That wasn't good. "Go... please."

First attack was anticlimatic. Even though he missed the falcon knight, Grant only got a scratch in return thanks to his ice sheet. Then the grenade exploded, and while he was hit, it didn't hurt so much that he was unable to get up. Struggling to stand, the duelist tried to defend the now-fallen Synthia, but soon fell to his knees, weak and dizzy. That lance must've been poisoned. This was not good.

"That's not fair, y'know. I have a lot of things to keep tabs on here, so I can't really focus on defending against your spell, you even got a head start." Kit replied, as she moved herself slightly... better to have a lesser chance of both herself and Raquel within his strike range... but she couldn't tell the type of spell he was preparing just yet.

'Hmm... so long as I'm close enough to get them out of the way, it should be fine...'

"Besides, surely someone with as much magical power as yours knows the usual threshold for an elder magi's defences, it's far different from something so rare as the Fire Emblem." Kit continued, watching the man warily, but making sure not to lose track of the Emblem wielder.

Enough was enough, Arietta decided. Enemies didn't seem to be taking any notice of Axel's downed form, so Arietta charged at the heavily armoured man guarding one of the swordmasters. Her maul slamming hard into his chestplate, sending it crumpling inwards, the man staggered back, but surprisingly, launched a counterattack, impressive enough even though it went wide and missed her entirely. The man even seemed to still be standing afterward without issue... seems his armour was thick enough to prevent internal injury.

"Aye, not bad. Yer still alive. better than most coulda said." She taunted, readying her maul once again.

"Hmm... that dragon... when we were... in that weird dream world, I couldn't even scratch him." Faatina replied, recalling the eerie dragon head.

"He said... he said to Raquel, when she cleared that dark ooze, that she had chosen force. Do you think... do you think that might have something to do with it?" She continued through a cough. The paladin's condition appeared to be improving somewhat, her words coming through more clearly than before.

Arietta(6,4,1) 15 hit - 6 evd, hit! 13 mt - 0 def, 13 damage!

General A(3,3,5) 5 hit - 8 evd, miss!

Arietta 18/24

General A 17/30

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4024969/

Axel/Arietta +1

Conflict

"Urgh," Silvia grunted, her attacks relenting for the moment. It's frustrating how similar we all are ... I haven't heard the end of it from the others, and I know Hayato would do something like this to him or Raquel or any of the others if he was in the right mindset ... or the normal one. "I guess ... we should just ... finish this, huh? We didn't try to harm Raquel at first ... your specter friend attacked us and killed Owen. But with all of this damage ...."

"So wait," Colin said, wondering at something particularly annoying. "That black crap in the arena was some kind of representation of us? What in the hell kind of test is that? Gods, if I'd known that black stuff was supposed to represent us, I would have ... well, I guess it was too late by the time I caught up with you people anyway ... dammit. Enforcing a decision she wasn't even aware she was making ... and he told us--I shit you not, Faatina--he TOLD US 'Discovery will not be manipulated'. That bastard is gonna pay for this ... all of it!" We're the ones that walked straight into a trap here. We may have Raquel's group on the ropes, but look how many more of our own have died just to get them there. If we could go back and never have them set foot in here, even Hayato would agree to leave them be.

Meanwhile, the emblem standoff continued. "I'm not interested in fairness," Samael replied, and as if that was there cue, the archers prepared to shoot again, some aiming at Kit, and some aiming at Raquel, Blake, and Connor. And while they did this, more and more archers along the wall began to hone in on that scene and readied their bows as well. "After all, you're not the only one I'm aiming for~" To the archers he said, "Just keep shooting at them until they're all dead," in a hushed tone. Some of them nodded in compliance while others began firing immediately.

When the archers started shooting, the shell covering Cassandra turned to dust and fell around her, fading away underneath golden lights as she stepped forward in a near blind rage."Just ... come to me ... now," she said, holding out her hand toward Raquel. When Raquel noticed the girl approaching them with her hand outstretched, coming at a snail's pace, she gasped.

"Connor, we have to get him into the Dauntless and-gah!" An arrow landed too close to her for comfort, causing her to flinch. What was worse, the emblem flew out of her bag and nearly raced off to meet Cassandra's waiting hand. Raquel managed to catch it before it was out of her reach, but fell over in the process. "Oh nooooo!" It's ... it's the same way I beat Lilith in that dream! I can't stop it! She really couldn't from the looks of things, as holding onto the emblem was beginning to lead to her being dragged along the ground, slowly, but steadily. I have to keep holding onto the emblem. I can't let it go, not now! Craaaap!

"Now then," came the beginning of Samael's last verbal warning. "You stay right there, wolf woman, and watch this play out with me. If not, well ... I suppose if you're curious, keep on interfering~" He chuckled lightly after that as an intense light began appeared in front of his hands. The spell was taking form and ready to use. The archers weren't letting up yet either.

A Man Called Gar

"You didn't?" Gar replied, actually curious. Letting a show go on this long was too ridiculous to continue, and he'd get the truth later anyway. "So, the Dragon Head started it all? Hmph, I'll wring out answers from it later then," Gar glanced back at the... scene(he didn't know what adjective to use for it)between Raquel and the others. On top of the world looking, down on creation~, he mentally sang. "Do you know what Raquel's position on matters were before things turned?" he asked. And the only explanation I can find~ Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around~ Your love's put me at the top of the world~

Edited by Script