Do you picture people as their avatars?

Paulina

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I had a Mr. L avatar, I had a friend who imagined I looked like a black guy wearing Mr. L cosplay. That was pretty awesome.

But no. I don't want anyone to imagine me looking like a jailbait nun.

lolol, no, not really. Though I used to try to visualize how one might look based on how they type... I think that was mentioned earlier, but, again, not really.

It's different if I'm talking on a different medium with them though. Like messengers and the like.

Or a tomboy that doesn't get enough sleep. So maybe Rehab should be using it? >__>

YOU WHO HAVE OBTAINED EO4 - GO GET EO3. My avatar really is a dude. Ein will tell you all about it~! Ahem. . .

I see an avatar as some pic-or-other that people want to be remembered by. Some people like putting their face on it. Others like putting fun characters there. Still others don't want an avatar. If I tried to picture people as their avatar, I'd fail on some of the tier list guys, who haven't set an avatar.

(otherwise, we have a lot of Severa running around)

Maybe i should switch my avy to Miriel for those who do picture me as my avatar? She looks so much like me its kinda scary.

I really dont do that. Im not seeing Lumi as Seth or Thor. I have rather distinct images in my head about some members, that have little to do with their avatars.

Maybe i should switch my avy to Miriel for those who do picture me as my avatar? She looks so much like me its kinda scary.

I really dont do that. Im not seeing Lumi as Seth or Thor. I have rather distinct images in my head about some members, that have little to do with their avatars.

Do i ride a giant bunny and have huge muscles because that is acceptable too

Edited by Thor Odinson

I'm going to tell you something you, don't want to hear

'ey girl you look good in a skirt?

YOU WHO HAVE OBTAINED EO4 - GO GET EO3. My avatar really is a dude. Ein will tell you all about it~! Ahem. . .

Nay I hereby decree that "he" is a she. I have spoken, further words are unnecessary.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

So the thread blows up, but only half of you answer the OP question. ;_; Sniff sniff. its not fftf guise</3

I'm going to tell you something you, don't want to hear

Rehab, how could you change your avvy right after I mention you by name. XD So mean. As much as I love Kavinsky, you'll always be a floating severed head.

Also, I'm gonna show you where it's dark, but have no fear.

Hmm... I can only really picture people as their avatars if I can tell it's obviously not from something. Even then though, I can get at least a general picture in my head. :)

Edited by DancingDanny

A lot of people assume I'm male because of my screen names and stuff, and I guess I feature males in my avatars fairly frequently. But from my posting content I feel like it would be hard to confuse me for a guy... I think?! I omitted the "Dragonlord" from my screen name here so that also kinda helps people not think I'm a guy, because people insist otherwise that if I take up the lord moniker I must be a dude. I think signatures/avatars influence my perception of a person's gender to some extent, since one guy I knew always roleplayed girls, had pictures of (modest, non fanservice) anime ladies all the time, and used female screen names.

Yeah, I tend to have a mix of imagining people looking like their avatars, or I associate the characters with users x3

And I agree that every time I see Severa, I associate her with Integ (mostly since he kept that in his skype pic for a while as well~)

Now I'm gonna start associating Mami with him XD

But since I know how he looks, I'll never imagine him looking like any of his avatars.

Usually I don't imagine guys (or people I assume are guys, at least) looking like their avatars when they use girls x3 And even if I had not met Specta, I would not imagine her looking like Bilbo~ But when I see Bilbo, I'll probably associate him with Specta a lot~

If people use avatars that match their (supposed) genders, then I'll tend to imagine them looking like their avatars =3

And as for Tangerine, when users have two or more characters in their images, I just imagine the user looking like the character that I think suits their personality bestest!

Oh yeah and I did forget to say, since people usually imagine people looking like their avatars, I'd sometimes use a sprite based off of me as an avatar~

Edited by Freohr Datia

Honestly, I usually do.

Even if the avatar doesn't match their displayed gender, (although I still imagine them being whatever gender I know them to be, which can be weird at times) or, in fact, their species.

Unless, of course, I happen to know for a fact what the person actually looks like, or have something to give me an idea.

If there are multiple characters in their avatar, it's whichever of those characters fits most with their personality.

If their avatar is an inanimate object...

Congratulations, you're an inanimate object.

Edited by Starlight36