If you could...

Arceus

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did... did nobody get my Saidin joke... did nobody get that? Why am I not surprised...

Assuming you are talking about the taint in the male half of the True Source, I got it. I just didn't know what to say. Aside from "Don't worry, Rand and Nynaeve cleansed it."

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Call of Duty. I wish it didn't exist. Or at the very least was as popular as the quality of the game warrants.

It's not a bad game but it's nothing significant and it's a wonder why people nominate it for game of the fucking year alongside other games that take longer than half a year to make.

Edited by Rawr

Assuming you are talking about the taint in the male half of the True Source, I got it. I just didn't know what to say. Aside from "Don't worry, Rand and Nynaeve cleansed it."

That's just what the Black Tower wants you to believe, man. You Asha'man are all sheep.

That's just what the Black Tower wants you to believe, man. You Asha'man are all sheep.

Sheep, eh? Is that what you want to believe? You'll see when The Earth erupts from beneath you and the skies crush you like the strange little monkey creature you are... because Narga and I can do that... partly because we changed the world in order to do so, and partly because we're awesome.

Sheep, eh? Is that what you want to believe? You'll see when The Earth erupts from beneath you and the skies crush you like the strange little monkey creature you are... because Narga and I can do that... partly because we changed the world in order to do so, and partly because we're awesome.

Such beautiful words, King Mason.

But you are a spartian, can't you spare the poor man?

Yeah huh, all you witch-folk are the same. Can't trust an Aes Sedai to tell you the time of day when you're looking at the Sun. Wouldn't be surprised if you were embellishing right now.

I would be nice, but it isn't in my nature. I am, however, trained in disposing of the garbage of humanity. Now tell me, were you insulting me?

Note: Not a threat, just a completely unrelated fact and question. I'm loquacious like that.

Edited by Mason The Tactician

If I could change one thing, i would probably change the world so that I was NOT forever alone...

The sad thing is, I'm not joking.

What kind of person is "forever alone"? >_>

Me.

But I have an excuse! There are no English-speaking kids my age around here... or anywhere within a 100-mile radius, probably.

And I'm not comfortable with Russian, as much as I know... which honestly isn't that much, but it's enough to interact socially.

Anyway, when I get back to America, I intend on interacting more.

That is, if I can actually meet people often. >_>

What are these "People" that you speak of? They sound interesting. They can't be worse than my cat. He doesn't even talk to me anymore.

I would change our hegemonic power structure from one of biopower--the discursivisation of bodies, the social management of risk and margins--back to a classic disciplinary regime: charts, rules, times-tables, and most important of all, the interlocked matrix of observation that enables its functioning. Basically, I want my panopticon back. I tire of being a mathematized data-set in the computer of some giant-mega corporation: I yearn for the days when a rigid regime of social hierarchy defined the spaces of human possibility. MAKE ME A DRONE! Curse and strike down the wicked Neo-Liberal/Facist institution of "Freedom" that shackles us to our ideological blindness! Freedom is not a negative but a positive concept--it is a construction imposed upon the universe, a space that through its act of "liberation" binds us ever stronger to our discursive oppression. To be fair, it is not truly wicked in-and-of itself, yet I yearn for a more honest space, one that we no longer make believe that we are in the drivers seat. Because there is no drivers seat.

Edited by Le Communard

Are "people" on the internet all bots?

Boop beep bop no there is no reason to be alarmed human I mean female woman creature.

What kind of person is "forever alone"? >_>

Me.

But I have an excuse! There are no English-speaking kids my age around here... or anywhere within a 100-mile radius, probably.

And I'm not comfortable with Russian, as much as I know... which honestly isn't that much, but it's enough to interact socially.

Anyway, when I get back to America, I intend on interacting more.

That is, if I can actually meet people often. >_>

Dude you have to lord over everyone that you can speak English. Make them jealous that you know a language that contains magical words such as "declivitous" and "defenestration."

I would change our hegemonic power structure from one of biopower--the discursivisation of bodies, the social management of risk and margins--back to a classic disciplinary regime: charts, rules, times-tables, and most important of all, the interlocked matrix of observation that enables its functioning. Basically, I want my panopticon back. I tire of being a mathematized data-set in the computer of some giant-mega corporation: I yearn for the days when a rigid regime of social hierarchy defined the spaces of human possibility. MAKE ME A DRONE! Curse and strike down the wicked Neo-Liberal/Facist institution of "Freedom" that shackles us to our ideological blindness! Freedom is not a negative but a positive concept--it is a construction imposed upon the universe, a space that through its act of "liberation" binds us ever stronger to our discursive oppression. To be fair, it is not truly wicked in-and-of itself, yet I yearn for a more honest space, one that we no longer make believe that we are in the drivers seat. Because there is no drivers seat.

Freedom is slavery! o/

Ignorance is strength! o/

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Are "people" on the internet all bots?

Solipsism + Freohr = winnn

If I could change one thing, i would probably change the world so that I was NOT forever alone...

The sad thing is, I'm not joking.

You're 16 bro, settle down. Wait til you're 21. ;n;

Freedom is slavery! o/

Ignorance is strength! o/

Yet Orwell is stuck in the tired notion that Freedom is dangerous as an action, as a state. I propose the more radical option, that it is not dangerous as a state, as Orwell implies, but dangerous as a concept. We must move back to state which images us not as free or unfree at all, but one which imagines us instead as a situated actor within a complex network. We cannot afford to think: "Freedom is Slavery" because that once again reifies the idea that there is such a state of being. What is most important in this transfer of power is not the smashing of the structure, but the smashing of the logic.

Yet one could also say: "but is that not just the rhetoric for Newspeak?" And so, perhaps Orwell was not so wrong after all.

Edited by Le Communard

Dude you have to lord over everyone that you can speak English. Make them jealous that you know a language that contains magical words such as "declivitous" and "defenestration."

B-but... I don't even know that first word!

Damn, I need to work on my vocab before the SAT.

But there's only a month left, and half of the time will be used prepping for AP Calc, US His, and AP Eng Lang...

What to do, what to do...

I'd make everyone bisexual. I think the world would be such a better place if everyone was. no bias guys

Yet Orwell is stuck in the tired notion that Freedom is dangerous as an action, as a state. I propose the more radical option, that it is not dangerous as a state, as Orwell implies, but dangerous as a concept. We must move back to state which images us not as free or unfree at all, but one which imagines us instead as a situated actor within a complex network. We cannot afford to think: "Freedom is Slavery" because that once again reifies the idea that there is such a state of being. What is most important in this transfer of power is not the smashing of the structure, but the smashing of the logic.

Yet one could also say: "but is that not just the rhetoric for Newspeak?" And so, perhaps Orwell was not so wrong after all.

Le Communard for scariest ideas 2013 o/

Actual Serious answer: Get rid of the patriarchy.

I want rabbits big enough to ride

Also I don't want magic to be real because then I'm too old and too in-America to get my Hogwarts Letter

And it'd make me sadder

Edited by Thor Odinson