Any other European players have SpotPass problems?

VincentASM

Just wondering, has anyone in Europe been able to obtain more than 2 bonus teams?

I managed to get Lyn and Karel, but I haven't got anything new lately. I also tried the "Update Now" button, but it keeps saying "Unable to get new data" or something.

I also deactivated and activated SpotPass several times, but to no avail; all I get is Anna's notification (I must have 5 or so copies of this now; why can't you delete notifications?).

I've had no similar issues, sorry; I've gotten four teams so far just fine. The only possible theory I can think of as to why this is a problem, relating to when exactly you initially enabled SpotPass, is really stupid, presumably way off the mark and not worth mentioning.

I'm not a European player, but that has happened to me several times where I don't receive a team for several days (I usually only get the first 2; and the 'no update' appears as well). Granted, I don't check everyday, but even so I always have the rest of the teams by the end of the week. I don't know if its just a delay on the part of spotpass distribution or if its just my internet (or honestly how any of it really works) but I wouldn't worry until the next team is unlocked, because no matter what I have always received all of the teams in a set by that point.

But this may not be the same thing, so perhaps I'm not that helpful....

I've had no similar issues, sorry; I've gotten four teams so far just fine. The only possible theory I can think of as to why this is a problem, relating to when exactly you initially enabled SpotPass, is really stupid, presumably way off the mark and not worth mentioning.

So it is just me : (

Well, at this point, I think anything might help : P

The only things I can think of, which may be causing problems are...

1. I may have activated SpotPass for the game on another 3DS.

2. I have both a digital and physical copy on the same 3DS at this moment in time.

I was kind of itching to see what FE7 characters I'd get next >___<

Edited by VincentASM

Hmmm. I have the game since saturday (european). So far I've been able to unlock only 2 spotpass team (namely Jafar and Serra). No new spotpass teams were available past sunday (or anything else, for that matter).

Edited by Nohar

The NA version had the same issue. Someone recommended that you toggle your SpotPass options. In any case, when you start receiving characters from a different past FE game, it should fix your FE7 teams (it did for me:)

I'm pretty sure that you're supposed to get a new character/team from a block 24 hours after you've gone into your menu and summoned your newest one. Or something.

At least that's how it seems to work for me. >_>

I had the same issue with the Japanese version. I think it may be that if you don't save after receiving the newest character and turn the game off, the next time you turn the game on and access that file you'll technically receive that character again so the timer resets.

Edited by arvilino

I certainly had the same issue sometimes (NA version), but it always cleared up on Thursday. I believe the "Unable to get new data" message simply means that it believes that there isn't any new data, not that you can't connect.

That exact issue occurs with the NA version.

I've only gotten it to be reliable when I've Summoned and Recruited or fought each unit as they appear. Else it lags a day.

I certainly had the same issue sometimes (NA version), but it always cleared up on Thursday. I believe the "Unable to get new data" message simply means that it believes that there isn't any new data, not that you can't connect.

Actually it means there is no new data availible. If you're getting that message on Update day after the Update, then roll your Spotpass setting.

The teams getting updated doesn't require a connection. When you get the Spotpass Data on update day, you get all of it, it's just the current set is staggered and stupidly fickle.

Edited by Airship Canon

Actually it means there is no new data availible. If you're getting that message on Update day after the Update, then roll your Spotpass setting.

The teams getting updated doesn't require a connection. When you get the Spotpass Data on update day, you get all of it, it's just the current set is staggered and stupidly fickle.

Really? OK, that's good to know.

...or it would be, if we had more than the very last Spotpass team left to collect. Oh well.

Thanks for clearing that up though.

That exact issue occurs with the NA version.

I've only gotten it to be reliable when I've Summoned and Recruited or fought each unit as they appear. Else it lags a day.

I have also summoned each team as i got them and it's been working fine for me too. So i think you are right. Except you might not need to recruit or fight them, i can't beat lyn so i dismissed her and i still got my next team. Edited by Deshiva

Slightly unrelated: I'm currently having a problem in being unable to access the purchasing DLC menu.

Every time I try, it gets as far as the bit that says "Please use touch controls to make selections in these menus" and when I tap "okay" it just goes back to Anna.

I've tried switching the wireless on and off, as well as doing the same with my 3DS.

Help?

Slightly unrelated: I'm currently having a problem in being unable to access the purchasing DLC menu.

Every time I try, it gets as far as the bit that says "Please use touch controls to make selections in these menus" and when I tap "okay" it just goes back to Anna.

I've tried switching the wireless on and off, as well as doing the same with my 3DS.

Help?

Did you buy the champions pack? I'm having the same problem and I think it might be because there isn't anything new to purchase in the menu.

No, but I was going to just now, before this happened.

For the record, I have already downloaded CoY1 previously.

Hmm... It could be down so they can update it, but I'm not too sure now.

Did you buy the champions pack? I'm having the same problem and I think it might be because there isn't anything new to purchase in the menu.

The menu is supposed to stay available regardless of that.

Hmmm. Since I got my game (saturday), I've only been able to unlock Jaffar, Serra Matthew and Hector.

Now, I update my spotpass again, and I just got Florina, Nino, Karel, Lyn and Eliwood, all at the same time (plus Innes, from Sacred Stones).

I really don't understand at all how this thing is supposed to work.