Henry as a Father...

Tamanoir

So, I just watched the support between Cynthia and Henry (Henry is trhe father...).
He is nearly out of character in this. He is a good father who actually care about his daughter, and don't do anything weir or creepy.

Even his generic father talk (when you go on an event tile with his child), he comes as pretty decent, and pretty great if you except the last part ("Even if I die, I'll stay with you")...

So, I wanted to know if he was always like that as a father, or if itwas just here...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry's paired ending always has him turn out to be a "surprisingly good father"

Father supports are also generic with the exception of sometimes speech patterns and a few variable lines

Fuck I'm tooslow

Edited by Thor Odinson

I haven't actually viewed the conversations between the kids and the fathers in Future of Despair, but from what I remember, THOSE aren't generic.

I can take a look and see the conversation between Noire and Henry if you guys want.

Well, in his ending quote it does say that Henry is a surprisingly good father, so yeah. He's like this in his support with Noire as well~

EDIT: Blargh triple ninja'd DX

Edited by Kon

In his replies to his child, he also says that while he loves slinging curses, he is not going to become a deadbeat father, so it can be inferred that he does not want to have his child end up like he did.

Life - Answer

I mostly just sling curses and hang out with crows. But I'm not about to add deadbeat dad to my list of hobbies! I'll take care of you. Even if I die a horrible death, I'll protect you from the... Hey, why the long face?

In his replies to his child, he also says that while he loves slinging curses, he is not going to become a deadbeat father, so it can be inferred that he does not want to have his child end up like he did.

Oh my Gosh, I got that barracks conversation between him and Morgan. It's really sweet, how gentle and loving he is with his child.

Henry is the best father for Morgan. D8 Then again, just check his confession CG. Such a gentle and tender gesture, surprising from the sociopath who loves to kill. It's obvious he can/will be an excellent husband and father.

What others have said in regard to Henry's ending stating that he's a good father. And honestly, ending or no, it still wouldn't really be a out-of-character for him. Henry is always nice and friendly to pretty much everyone he meets, he just fails to realize that his attempts to help people are often at the expense of someone else.

Henry is my personal favorite husband for Sumia and think they're just so cute together, and I really like Cynthia as Henry's daughter. Henry's hair is one of the few that actually looks good on Cynthia as well, in my opinion, and it just makes Dark Flier such a fitting class for her!

Personally, I think the best example of a father acting OOC would be...half of Inigo's supports with his father. It makes perfect sense that a few, like Chrom, Frederick, Lon'qu, etc. would be mad at him for his constant philandering, but it's particularly bad when Virion is his father.

Henry ending is basically did not do anything for the sake of the world

So, yeah its pretty much expected that(arguably) the nicest character in the team become a nice daddy

The only character who is pretty out of character in children support are Lon'Qu for Gerome and basically everyone who married future Tharja IMO

Edited by JSND

While I agree that Henry is a great dad, I found that the most OOC he was at was in his parent supports with Noire, when he has to talk to Tharja/take the curses himself. I mean, his A support with Tharja mentions that he is supposedly a genius at dark magic, but especially at redirecting/dispelling curses/hexes:

Henry: Yeah, dispelling curses is kind of my speciality.

So it makes no sense that he couldn't do the same to Tharja's curses; given how impressed she was, I got the impression that he could do the same to her spells.

EDIT: Yah, here we go:

Tharja: With that kind of power, you could have easily deflected my earlier curse…

Edited by Euklyd

Henry is my personal favorite husband for Sumia and think they're just so cute together, and I really like Cynthia as Henry's daughter. Henry's hair is one of the few that actually looks good on Cynthia as well, in my opinion, and it just makes Dark Flier such a fitting class for her!

You... YOU... HOW?? JUST HOW??

bdde3d4b-81c5-4c7d-966e-48b3083f934a_zps

Henry ending is basically did not do anything for the sake of the world

So, yeah its pretty much expected that(arguably) the nicest character in the team become a nice daddy

The only character who is pretty out of character in children support are Lon'Qu for Gerome and basically everyone who married future Tharja IMO

I think Tharja is a little OOC too, in her mum/kid support with Morgan. Why is it that she places psychotic curses on Noire, but cares when Morgan's abusing herself?

Lucina's C support with her mother doesn't seem to entirely fit anyone besides Sully.

If somehow you don't know this conversation, Lucina buys a dress for her mother and her mother says she doesn't like dresses and they aren't really her thing.
I've yet to view this conversation with Maribelle, but since it's the same I have to say... Maribelle actually is wearing a dress as she says this to Lucina. Olivia and Sumia are pretty girly, too. Sully... Well, you get the picture-- she's manly. It seems to fit her the most. For the others, especially Maribelle, I don't see it fitting their character that much.

yeah silver-haired ~MAHOU SHOUJO~ Cynthia is pretty great

ScreenShot2013-04-23at43523PM_zpsf5c72b8

...I wish I'd remembered to unequip Tomefaire before deploying her in Paralogue 22 :s

^dunno dude, pretty much all of Lucina's other potential mothers just say "Thanks, but this just isn't my style" instead of outright saying "I don't like dresses"

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Henry, in my opinion, is the best father besides the MU. Not only is he 'surprisingly good' but he has good growths for just about all his stats, and has Counter access.

Perfect. I did do Sumia/Henry in my last playthrough, and Cynthia was such a boss. ^like that one.

And yes, generic dialogue is boring.

Lucina's C support with her mother doesn't seem to entirely fit anyone besides Sully.

If somehow you don't know this conversation, Lucina buys a dress for her mother and her mother says she doesn't like dresses and they aren't really her thing.

I've yet to view this conversation with Maribelle, but since it's the same I have to say... Maribelle actually is wearing a dress as she says this to Lucina. Olivia and Sumia are pretty girly, too. Sully... Well, you get the picture-- she's manly. It seems to fit her the most. For the others, especially Maribelle, I don't see it fitting their character that much.

Actually, the problem the mother had with the dress wasn't so much that it was a dress, but rather, the dress's design. It's more blatant in the B support when they go dress shopping and a few more questionable designs get mentioned. Like seriously, a "nothing but lace" dress? What shop was Lucina browsing...

While I agree that Henry is a great dad, I found that the most OOC he was at was in his parent supports with Noire, when he has to talk to Tharja/take the curses himself. I mean, his A support with Tharja mentions that he is supposedly a genius at dark magic, but especially at redirecting/dispelling curses/hexes:

So it makes no sense that he couldn't do the same to Tharja's curses; given how impressed she was, I got the impression that he could do the same to her spells.

Tharja: With that kind of power, you could have easily deflected my earlier curse…

Maybe Tharja just gave him an ultimatum: Either Noire gets to be the ultimate hex guinea pig, or you can willingly share the duty with her.

I think Tharja is a little OOC too, in her mum/kid support with Morgan. Why is it that she places psychotic curses on Noire, but cares when Morgan's abusing herself?

Having seen the MorganxTharja mother/daughter supports, she seems more neglectful than caring (and that is all thanks to her lines).

Henry, in my opinion, is the best father besides the MU. Not only is he 'surprisingly good' but he has good growths for just about all his stats, and has Counter access.

Perfect. I did do Sumia/Henry in my last playthrough, and Cynthia was such a boss. ^like that one.

And yes, generic dialogue is boring.

Waitwait, back up. MU>Chrom>Donnel>then otherpeople. Chrom gives rightful king and stuff, Donnel gives aptitude and merc and peg knight to girls. what more could you ask for?

<3

In their supports, it is made very clear that Henry could overpower Tharja in regards to the power of their curses; however, I think its also made quite clear that even though he could pwn her any day of the week, he won't. He displays an almost yandere obsession with her in trying to make her happy no matter what, not unlike Tharja's obsession with the avatar; in that respect, I don't think he would go against her wishes easily even if he could overpower her. Of course, I think Noire is the exception to that, which I guess sort of balances out their wacky family in that he can be a good father to her where Tharja is less than stellar as a mother (but she isn't the worst either).

Maybe Tharja just gave him an ultimatum: Either Noire gets to be the ultimate hex guinea pig, or you can willingly share the duty with her.

Is it bad that I read that ultimate sex guinea pig when skimming this thread? I need to go clear my mind.

Also Henry is a great father.