Fire Emblem Lord Poll (Larger Sample)

ManlySpirit

I never said that those were the only things that made Lucina similar to Marth.

Then give the rest. You gave the three most stupid reasons possible. Two of them apply to nearly every main character in the series, and even the one that doesn't applies to Chrom too.

Then give the rest. You gave the three most stupid reasons possible. Two of them apply to nearly every main character in the series, and even the one that doesn't applies to Chrom too.

Geez, you don't have to be rude about it. Why are people being so rude to me here lately? This has been happening ALL FRICKING DAY. >_>

I said earlier Lucina looks like Marth. She admires Marth. She wants to be like him. So naturally, she TRIES to be like him, to the point of DISGUISING herself as him. Thus, she's probably heavily based off of him.

Geez, you don't have to be rude about it. Why are people being so rude to me here lately? This has been happening ALL FRICKING DAY. >_>

I said earlier Lucina looks like Marth. She admires Marth. She wants to be like him. So naturally, she TRIES to be like him, to the point of DISGUISING herself as him. Thus, she's probably heavily based off of him.

This completly ignores how Lucina DOESN'T try to be Marth. At all. She has the exact same personality both before and after the reveal that she's Chroms kid, which is nothing like Marths personality. Nowhere in the game is it mentioned that she wants to be like Marth. She prayed to him for part of his strength, and took his name after he parents died for reasons undisclosed, but thats all we get, any anything about how she wants to be like him is conjecture. Plus, she doesn't disguise herself as Marth, the clotthes she wears as "Marth" are also the clothes she wears, which she wore even before she put her mask on. Meaning her disguise was just the mask, which she wore to prevent people from seeing the Brand of the Exalt in her eye. And even if she is based heavily from him design wise, she has liitle in common with him that others don't also have in common. Blue hair, awesome personal weapon, heroic lineage, wants to save the world, has to fight a powerful dragon.

This completly ignores how Lucina DOESN'T try to be Marth. At all. She has the exact same personality both before and after the reveal that she's Chroms kid, which is nothing like Marths personality. Nowhere in the game is it mentioned that she wants to be like Marth. She prayed to him for part of his strength, and took his name after he parents died for reasons undisclosed, but thats all we get, any anything about how she wants to be like him is conjecture. Plus, she doesn't disguise herself as Marth, the clotthes she wears as "Marth" are also the clothes she wears, which she wore even before she put her mask on. Meaning her disguise was just the mask, which she wore to prevent people from seeing the Brand of the Exalt in her eye. And even if she is based heavily from him design wise, she has liitle in common with him that others don't also have in common. Blue hair, awesome personal weapon, heroic lineage, wants to save the world, has to fight a powerful dragon.

Which sounds to me like she wants to be like him. I also don't remember anything saying she didn't don her outfit just to look like Marth.

Also, there are lords that don't have blue hair or fight a powerful dragon at the end of the game.

Edited by Anacybele

Which sounds to me like she wants to be like him. I also don't remember anything saying she didn't don her outfit just to look like Marth.

Also, there are lords that don't have blue hair or fight a powerful dragon at the end of the game.

It's still just conjecture. There's nothing saying she did either, and she said she took the name after her parents died, which she appears to only have found out when Grima told her in one of the cutscenes. And she was already wearing that outfit then, and it sounds like she only prayed to Marth after she took his name, so.

Marth, Ike, Chrom, Lucina and Hector do all of them, Sigurd and Seliph has blue hair, Roy, Eliwood and Micaiah fight a dragon, all of them (bar Micaiah, who just has a Rapier equivalent) have a super speshul awesome endgame weapon, most of them have some amazing person in their ancestor list. Lucina being similar to Marth in this fashion is hardly exclusive to her.

Wait a minute, that's what the whole disguise was about?

So the explanation is that a Woman from a Victorian styled setting is that she dresses coincidently exactly like an Man from a ancient Roma styled setting?

Down to wearing the exact same Tiara?

I would have expected that IS publicity stunt would have at least some sort of story relevance. That it couldn't just be replaced by any other disguise.

Oh well, doesn't necessary mean that she is a bad character. But if that build-up has no payoff, I hope that she offers something special that elevates her above the rest.

Edited by BrightBow

Uh, I don't recall Micaiah ever having to fight a dragon at all. Also, I said AT THE END OF THE GAME. FE7's final boss is Nergal who is not a dragon, so Eliwood doesn't count. Ike doesn't have anyone noteworthy in his history, just his parents. Nor does he have to fight a dragon final boss (Ashnard doesn't count since only his MOUNT is a dragon, not Ashnard himself).

Also, what BrightBow said.

Uh, I don't recall Micaiah ever having to fight a dragon at all. Also, I said AT THE END OF THE GAME. FE7's final boss is Nergal who is not a dragon, so Eliwood doesn't count. Ike doesn't have anyone noteworthy in his history, just his parents. Nor does he have to fight a dragon final boss (Ashnard doesn't count since only his MOUNT is a dragon, not Ashnard himself).

Also, what BrightBow said.

Deghinsea, the greatest of all dragons. Fought at the end of the game and is the hardest boss in it. FE7s final boss is the Fire Dragon. Ike's parents: Gawain, the greatest swordsmen of his time, who earned the name the Divine Knight, who was so badass that he needed to cripple himself so that others could stand a chance against him, and even then was still insanely badass, and Elena, one of the two Beorc who could tough pure chaos without going insane. The other one is her daughter, Mist. Ike has no one noteworthy in his ancestry, how exactly? And if its just the Final Boss, then Lucina and Chrom don't count since you just fight the future Avatar, and not the Dragon. And again, Deghinsea, hardest boss in Radiant Dawn and fought at the end of the game.

Since there isn't any in game text that says she changed how she dressed to look like Marth, was wearing that outfit before she disguised herself and doesn't change her it even after her identity is revealed, yeah, it is a coincidence that she looks like the DLC Marth.

FE7's final boss is Nergal who is not a dragon, so Eliwood doesn't count.

itt ana hasn't beaten fe7

2GY9s.png

i mean the damn thing is even named "dragon"

Edited by CT075

FE7's final boss is Nergal who is not a dragon, so Eliwood doesn't count.

Um... Um, I'm quite sure he fought 2 dragons.

33.png

Ninian Counts I'm fairly sure

And you know, the BIG OL FINAL BOSS. The one after Nergal.

Edit: Ninja'd by Cam the whoosh Ninja.

My Votes were btw. Eliwood: His kind white prince demeanor his more thoughtful approaches to things and his way of going about things in general I loved, still my favorite lord. Heck I look up to him.

Roy: From young boy to confident general, he may not be the best statwise but he has a cool head on his shoulders and avenged Hector

and Ike: many things have been said about Ike. I cannot do how awesome of a hero he is justice tbh.

Edited by Opinion Leader Jedi

I voted for Ike, Chrom and Lucy.

Ike: I like his personality, he's well-natured, kind- And while rather stoic, he's pretty good mostly as a Lord.

Chrom: Same as Ike, and add the fact that he's of noble-birth.

Lucy: Chrom's daughter. I admire her bravery and deligence to go back in time and try to change things.

Deghinsea, the greatest of all dragons. Fought at the end of the game and is the hardest boss in it. FE7s final boss is the Fire Dragon. Ike's parents: Gawain, the greatest swordsmen of his time, who earned the name the Divine Knight, who was so badass that he needed to cripple himself so that others could stand a chance against him, and even then was still insanely badass, and Elena, one of the two Beorc who could tough pure chaos without going insane. The other one is her daughter, Mist. Ike has no one noteworthy in his ancestry, how exactly? And if its just the Final Boss, then Lucina and Chrom don't count since you just fight the future Avatar, and not the Dragon. And again, Deghinsea, hardest boss in Radiant Dawn and fought at the end of the game.

Since there isn't any in game text that says she changed how she dressed to look like Marth, was wearing that outfit before she disguised herself and doesn't change her it even after her identity is revealed, yeah, it is a coincidence that she looks like the DLC Marth.

I had said BESIDES IKE'S PARENTS. xP

And note I also said FINAL BOSS. I apologize about mistaking who's fought at the end of FE7. I never beat it, but I always assumed Nergal was the final boss.

Look, I just find Lucina to be too similar to Marth, that is all. End of story.

Edited by Anacybele

Lucina and Ike are sweet from a design perspective but Hector is the only one who ever actually interested me.

Sigurd was alright, too, but in the end I felt he was too bland to deserve a vote.

And note I also said FINAL BOSS. I apologize about mistaking who's fought at the end of FE7. I never beat it, but I always assumed Nergal was the final boss.

a) the dragon is the final boss, it's on the mainsite

b) well i'm sorry i thought it was so easy not to talk about things i don't actually know