Male Pegasus Knight

Jotari

Would you feel horribly betrayed and upset if the series introduced a male Pegasus Knight (and male/female versions of other gender locked classes) or would you be okay with the idea and think it kind of cool?

FE3 has male pegasus knights
But really all of the classes that can double for both genders have been done, so I don't think we're going to see stuff like female barbarians or male troubadours though. Although I'm not against it, it could be a little awkward at first but it would be cool with things like female fighters and male pegs.

Other Pegasus/Pegasi/Unicorns were wayyyyyyyyy different from the ones in FE and the ones modern fiction uses most commonly, so no, not really. Original Pegasus ridden by dudes, some variants of unicorns savage/carnivorous as fuck, etc.

And yeah axe dudettes and dancing dudes

Edited by Rehab

Seeing as the only "real" world example of a peg rider I recall was male (it's been a long time since I've read any Greek myths, but I remember Bellerophon) it wouldn't seem particularly strange to me. Troubs would also make sense as males, as neither the name (in fact, my school calls the men's singing ensemble "the troubadors") nor the class traits are particularly feminine. Things like dancer do make sense as gender-locked (but then there's male alternatives ala Nils/Elphin) but, especially in a game series that has created multiple universes, I don't see why things like peg knights must be gender locked.

Other Pegasus/Pegasi/Unicorns were wayyyyyyyyy different from the ones in FE and the ones modern fiction uses most commonly, so no, not really. Original Pegasus ridden by dudes, some variants of unicorns savage/carnivorous as fuck, etc.

And yeah axe dudettes and dancing dudes

Wasn't Inigo enough?

Wasn't Inigo enough?

Ha ha

Good joke

(I'd ask if you would like a picture example, but I think I know the answer)

Would you feel horribly betrayed and upset if the series introduced a male Pegasus Knight (and male/female versions of other gender locked classes) or would you be okay with the idea and think it kind of cool?

betrayed and upset

how is it fucking possible for you to feel betrayed and upset about male pegasus knights existing cough bellerophon cough

Wasn't Inigo enough?

I was gonna answer that to this:

I really want to see a male troubadour/peg. knight/dancer! xD I really want to see how they handle the male dancer... Like design-wise xD

And... wait, why is everyone calling Thany as a guy? Am I missing something here?

I guess they might have taken the idea of pegasus knights from the idea of unicorns. Falcon Knights do seem to ride on a unicorn... and the others being more of Pegasus/Pegasi. It might be a pleasant idea to bring a male Pegasus Knight, though I admit it might be weird too. I wouldn't mind more of introducing male-exclusive classes to some female classes! Perhaps based on the character's personality.

Edited by Cordelia

If there were male pegasus knights available, say, in the next released Fire Emblem game, I would first laugh myself silly. And then, despite my hatred of pegasus knights, I'd try them out, just for giggles. If they turn out well, they get the dubious honor of being the first pegasus knight to have a seat in my crew. If not which is highly likely, to the bench they go. Now if there was a female berserker, I'd have to seriously consider that. Although I doubt the male pegasus knight thing will come to fruition in the future, I can see them making the berserker class potentially gender neutral.

If they gave male Pegasus Knights the same look as female Pegasus Knights, only sub the mini-dress with a tunic I guess, and keep the zettai-ryouiki, then I'd be sold on male Pegasus Knights.

And Shanna can't be a dude, right? D: That is some joke, yes?

I don't get how anyone could possibly feel "betrayed" and "upset" by male Pegasus Knights. I mean, what could gender restrictions possibly add to the game?

If nothing else, they definitely should have given gender restrictions the boot once they introduced player avatars.

It hardly breaks the game when males and females are otherwise identical statistically, so their is no excuse to limit character creation like that.

I mean, for whose creative vision was it that important that female avatars barely stood a chance to get through FE12 lunatic?

Edited by BrightBow

Hmm I didn't think about it when I first made this thread but the possibility of a male version of the bride class can't help but pop into my mind. Tuxedo Fighter!

FE14's first map needs to start you off with a blue-haired Lord with a Rapier, red and green Cavaliers, a crappy Archer with low bases...

...and a female Fighter and male Pegasus Knight. Mindfreak!

FE14's first map needs to start you off with a blue-haired Lord with a Rapier, red and green Cavaliers, a crappy Archer with low bases...

...and a female Fighter and male Pegasus Knight. Mindfreak!

You mean an Veteran/Knight/Elderly male Falcon Knight?

Well, it's not a stable that the Paladin has to be this old. Jagen and Markus are the only ones and the latter is a direct copy of the former.

On the other hand, we got the mustache god Oifaye, Eyvel, Seth, Titania, Sothe and Freddy. They are all significantly younger. Probably.

Edited by BrightBow

He'd have to be pretty. =)

Anyway, I think the gender-specific classes are sorta cool only in that it gives an extra challenge to, eh, "breeding" skills onto the children characters, since some skills (galeforce, yay) are gender-specific and such.

But no, I would not mind at all.