When did the green-haired characters go extinct?

paladin21

I think I remember reading that the artists wanted to go for a slightly more realistic approach.

But screw that, my avatar has green hair.

Realistic? You have characters with Blue, red, orange, and white hair. Edited by Gold Vanguard

Realistic? You have characters with Blue, red, orange, and white hair.

Red and Orange are pretty realistic colours...

Heroes always have Blue Hair, and Chrom is a descendant, of Marth anyway. And you could pass that as an artistic reprsentation of Dark Hair

And White is only for Henry, and arguably Daraen/Robin, so it's clearly supposed to looks unnatural.

...Though you didn't even noticed Pink, where it's the one who is the hardest tro explain...

Edited by TendaSlime

White hair is natural... My younger brother's hair color is white while his facial hair is black/dark brown. And I have strips of a notable dark red on my beard the rest of my facial hair and head are black.

So I hardly think red, white, and orange qualify as "not" realistic.

My hair is green. Its totally not painted I sware!

Seriously though, what if hair dye exists in the FE world already :P

Edited by Peekayell

I was about to say that Stahl has green hair (his battle model has the same color as Hair Color 04 - dark green), but... It really looks gray or brownish depending on the lighting (Barracks has a yellow tint over everything, the white-haired peeps look blondish and gray-haired (Sumia and an Avatar with Hair Color 10) look like light brunette).

I love how Chrom has blue hair even though BOTH of his sisters don't

gotta keep that blue-hair lord archetype alive, i guess

why do you pass your hair color to your kid Chrom, I want to mess around with Lucina's hair color

Edited by shadykid

That Iwata Asks was where I got it from. The way I understood it at first was that they didn't like green hair because they preferred realistic colours, but I do realise that doesn't make much sense when you consider Cherche.

I love how Chrom has blue hair even though BOTH of his sisters don't

gotta keep that blue-hair lord archetype alive, i guess

why do you pass your hair color to your kid Chrom, I want to mess around with Lucina's hair color

Now imagine someone with pink hair claiming to be Marth.

That Iwata Asks was where I got it from. The way I understood it at first was that they didn't like green hair because they preferred realistic colours, but I do realise that doesn't make much sense when you consider Cherche.

Now imagine someone with pink hair claiming to be Marth.

easy, dye your hair blue

Sain is actually more like Stahl in that his hair is a very brownish green (Stahl's is more grey with a hint of green). Also they are both Str-oriented green cavaliers. Pretty much the only difference between the two is personality.

I actually didn't even notice that Sain's hair was supposed to be green until I saw the official artwork.

Anyway it is a little strange that Stahl and the Manaketes are pretty much the only ones in this game. Judging by archetypes, one would have expected either Ricken or Virion to have green hair. Probably Say'ri, too, though that might have made her seem too similar to Lyn.

Edited by Chaotix

When 3000 years is mentioned, you make it sound like only Tiki has green hair in the game. Aren't you forgetting that Nowi has green hair? Nah also has green hair in her default artwork...though in-game, it's impossible to attain unless a green-haired Avatar is her father. But still, there's three characters with green hair right there, possibly even FOUR if you count Female Morgan as Nowi's second child.

So it's not like green hair is going COMPLETELY out of style, but in terms of realism, I can see why Yusuke Kozaki wanted to shy away from it. Having green hair ain't so bad, though, especially when you look at past characters like Nephenee, Elincia, Muarim, etc. But I can't say I miss it.

Edited by Karaszure

For some reason, i always thought that blue and red hair seemed more normal than green hair, but green hair does look nice on some characters, like Nephenee or Elincia.

there can never be enough redheads

screw blue hair though, it looks nice on Lucina but the trope is way overused (and no, blue hair is not any more normal than green hair)

I think someone at IS read my Lemming run and vowed to never let anything like that happen ever again

Seriously, it seems that only Avatar and the divine dragons get green hair. From his hair color, I'm gonna guess that Xane was a fire dragon before he lost his stone.

I always thought Sain had blonde hair and I still do. I consider the in-game portraits to be the accurate versions of the characters and in-game, Sain is a dirty-blonde. So yeah. xP

Also, not every non-green haired character that isn't Chrom or Lucina has a natural hair color. Donnel has purple hair. Ricken's hair is kind of magenta-ish. Olivia has light pink hair. Cherche has darker pink hair. And the list continues. Not to mention the Avatar can practically have any color of the rainbow in his/her hair.

Oh, and while orange is natural, the bright red of people like Cordelia and Sully isn't natural.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm okay with less green haired characters despite having liked Lyn and Elincia's particular shades of green. I feel like Kozaki really likes the three primary colours plus the neutral family of white/black/grey/brown, since purple and orange are also very uncommon in this game. I'm personally happy with the number of dark brunettes, which was such a rarity in Tellius.

For me, with friends who dye their hair "exotic" colors, I'm just slightly more used to red/blue/pink than green (nobody seems to go for green). Which is a shame, since I liked having a rainbow-colored army...

And some green-haired characters were my favorites, too...

Didn't FE4 have a lot of green-haired characters? Or was it just Levin, Fury, Fury's kid's, and Sylvia, IIRC?

I think someone at IS read my Lemming run and vowed to never let anything like that happen ever again

Seriously, it seems that only Avatar and the divine dragons get green hair. From his hair color, I'm gonna guess that Xane was a fire dragon before he lost his stone.

Huh. I was just playing FE12 today, and I recall Xane saying that Gotoh, Tiki, and himself were all Divine Dragons...

Edited by Euklyd