Ana Evaluates the Characters!

Anacybele

Financial gain > Character Rating thread. :):

Stahl is an onion. And Paladin offers Aegis which is cool so hes ok if he sticks with that and reclasses later. He can also Great Knight and Luna is nice. I prefer SwordOnion myself because i like Astra and fast units.

As for his personality, hes kinda bland but its ok. Hes an onion. <3

Onion~

I think he has a simpler personality compared to other characters, but I love how his supports add to his character. He's nice, but he's not so much a pansy as he's just bad with stress like any normal person (Chrom via Summer Scramble, Miriel, Lissa); he's good with short-term goals, and is adaptable concerning long-term goals (Maribelle, Cordelia). The humor definitely takes advantage of his softness, but it brings up that a genuinely kindhearted with-no-strings-attached guy is rare and both bad/good during a time of war (Panne, Tharja, Avatar). I can admit he's not a terribly interesting guy, but the game likes playing on the trope he embodies and does it in a sweet way. It's really pleasant that other characters do take notice/call out how good of a job he's doing when he can't, for his opinion of himself is near Sumia levels of low (Chrom, Donnel, Sully). Also, his serious personality shift in fights makes sense when you learn that his crap confidence says he won't live through the next battle, hence he fights every battle like it would be his last and he's really quite dedicated (Tharja, Miriel, Vaike via Summer Scramble).

He gets chewed out and chewed on aplenty, but treated nicely when the situation calls for it, and he takes it all in stride. He's a fine character, and the game doesn't overlook the flaws and good points that he has.

Edited by Perlia

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always end up liking the green knights for some reason, at least from FE7 and beyond (Sain, Kyle, Oscar, and Stahl are all win!) And I absolutely love Great Knights and tanky units like him too. ^^

I thought Kieran is your fav?

But Stahl is really interesting

His support convo with Sully is a thing of beauty

Not to mention having dominance over Sully. What a lucky dude >_>

You trolling bro? Sully is like the least desirable girl imaginable. It would be like dating Basilio.

I don't get why people always say that Stahl can easily be SPD screwed but never bring up that he's just as likely to be SPD blessed, and a SPD blessed Stahl is pretty fantastic.

When Stahl gets SPD blessed, oh wow, is it amazing.

Nice eval, Ana. Summed up Stahl's performance well.

When Stahl gets SPD blessed, oh wow, is it amazing.

Nice eval, Ana. Summed up Stahl's performance well.

Speed-blessed Stahl is so amazing it makes me think Validar picked the wrong candidate for godhood. Stahl totally deserves it.

He's a freaking Lightning Bruiser.

Well, I never meant to imply that Stahl couldn't be speed blessed as well, my mistake. It's just that being speed screwed is, well, more of an issue if it happens. lol

I thought Kieran is your fav?

He is, I never said I liked Oscar over him. I was only saying all the recent green knights are awesome.

Speed-blessed Stahl is so amazing it makes me think Validar picked the wrong candidate for godhood. Stahl totally deserves it.

He's a freaking Lightning Bruiser.

...But when he falls, he falls really hard. My first Stahl really was bad. Sully beat him in every way, except Lck and HP.

Anyway, I always consider than Stahl is really great. I think that if there were any FE Character I'd want to become, it will be him.

What i find interresting is that he share his support options with Kellam.

I like how people say Stahl is easily speed screwed when his speed growth is like 50% (if I remember correctly) when just a few games ago a 50% growth was considered really good.

different games, different standards

you really gonna try arguing this

I like how people say Stahl is easily speed screwed when his speed growth is like 50% (if I remember correctly) when just a few games ago a 50% growth was considered really good.

50% is still 50%, and it could go either way. You could as easily get a string of no-speed level-ups as you can get them - and out of the three playthroughs I've done, I've only had one time I could keep Stahl's speed up to use him in the final chapter.

Saying that the Green Christmas Cavaliers have been great from FE7 is wrong. Lance is better than Kyle and Oscar to me, close to Stahl, and worse than Sain.

We can never forget about Lance, the gift from FE6's RNG Goddess. Although I think all growth rates are terrible in FE6 except maybe Thany or Dieck or something.

Saying that the Green Christmas Cavaliers have been great from FE7 is wrong. Lance is better than Kyle and Oscar to me, close to Stahl, and worse than Sain.

We can never forget about Lance, the gift from FE6's RNG Goddess. Although I think all growth rates are terrible in FE6 except maybe Thany or Dieck or something.

What? I never said that. :/

you forgot Karel and Fa :P:

Well I meant out of the early units. You can't say someone like Ward or Bors will be getting good level ups.

Also, I just took what you said out of context, because you said Sain, Kyle, Oscar, Stahl and not Lance.

Being speed screwed has nothing to do with how good your growth is. Stahl actually is more easily SPD screwed than other units, but he's more easily blessed, too.

Isn't FE6 pretty decent though?

The C Cal, Rutger and Miledy seems to be pretty fine. Miledy in particular has a beastly growth

what the heck is the C Cal

and there is a reason why Miledy, Percival, and Rutger are considered the top 3 units in that game (at least on hard mode)

Well I meant out of the early units. You can't say someone like Ward or Bors will be getting good level ups.

Also, I just took what you said out of context, because you said Sain, Kyle, Oscar, Stahl and not Lance.

I didn't mention Lance because 1, I've never played FE6, and 2, I said we hadn't seen a green horse knight much like Stahl statwise since Sain. I don't know where you ever got the idea that I said any green knights were bad.