Why do shop owners sell reeking boxes?

My pet theories is that Frederick asked them to do it.
Bear with me for a moment.

Frederick is the perfect butler. He knows they'll have to face more Risens as a time or another.

So, thanks to these boxes, he can localize the problems, and help his Lord to face the problem in a "true" Battle.

Edited by TendaSlime

Think of the locations they're sold in..

The Feroxian gate: They probably realized that you could use the boxes for training.

Chapter 13; Plegia is filled with the grimleal they probably worship the risen or something.

Chapter 13; Plegia is filled with the grimleal they probably worship the risen or something.

This makes sense. Surprisingly, since I didn't expect to find a logical explanation for the topic.

Think of the locations they're sold in..

The Feroxian gate: They probably realized that you could use the boxes for training.

They're sold in Chapter 25, Origin Peak, as well, though I'm unsure why. Edited by Donatello Hamato

I never thought about that actually...

On a related note, did anybody wonder why people were selling Beaststones and Dragonstones when there's only one Taguel left and barely any Manaketes?

There's actually an answer for that one: the vendors value them as jewels.

On a related note, did anybody wonder why people were selling Beaststones and Dragonstones when there's only one Taguel left and barely any Manaketes?

Maybe they found them in their travels and didn't know what to do with them so they sold them.

Things are nicer when they make sense all round.. right? I mean it makes complete sense from a gameplay perspective, but it's not the only perspective to look at the game from.

I think that merchants want gold, and the best way to get gold is to keep having enemies. Also, asking adventurers to get the gold that was buried with dead soldiers wouldn't net them good reputation, but getting it from risen...

But why is Mustafa carrying a Beaststone and Gangrel carrying a Dragonstone? WHY!?

And why are they considered valuable when they have an infinite number that they sell for hardly more than high-end weaponry?

Oh Fire Emblem, where is your logic?

But why is Mustafa carrying a Beaststone and Gangrel carrying a Dragonstone? WHY!?

Plegia is a wealthy nation. I consider that the stones were mistaken for gems, and perhaps were used as part of the royal treasury, and both men just happen to enjoy having such objects among their possessions.

And why are they considered valuable when they have an infinite number that they sell for hardly more than high-end weaponry?

Oh Fire Emblem, where is your logic?

Maybe they thought it was jewelry.

Because Henry made them for the funzies and realized he should try making a profit.

"It looks like a smelly box full of grave dirt, but really, when you open it, all sorts of FUN THINGS HAPPEN! Fun things that may actually kill you. Ahahaha. But its really good for getting rid of pesky livestock harassing animals, marauding bandits, and tax collectors! We'll make a fortune!"

Thus Anna was intrigued.

the boxes could just be a form of potpourri that's particularly popular for the substance's conventional aromatic use, but also happens to be attractive to Risen. they don't even have to give off a bad stench to work for their gameplay use, really - after all, potpourri is made by letting the substance mould and rot, and what's more intuitively attractive to Risen than something that's mouldy and rotten? :P

Shop owners are serial killers. The boxes have rotting parts of their victims. they sell them as zombie bait. Gets rid of incriminating evidence and makes a profit

7739591_f260.jpg

Behold the face of evil.

Look at it. LOOK AT IT!

Edited by Happy_Dingo

What I find weirder is that my units all pick up random reeking boxes they find littering the battlefield. Like didn't your mothers ever tell you not to play with garbage?