Who knew about SMT beforehand?

Shin Megami Tensei  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Did you ever hear of SMT before SMT x FE was announced?

• Yes
    • No
    • Heard of it but that's it

So I want to see who really knew what Shin Megami Tensei was before this crossover game was announced. I'm guilty as charged. I never heard of it before and I still really don't know what SMT is or what it's about. If you did know, then good job, you're more informed than me.

Edited by Mr. Haar

Yup, it's Super Mario Tennis, right?

I AM IN THE KNOW

Edited by Refa

I heard of the game, but never really got around to buying one and playing it.

Mostly because there are already so many good games out there to play. >_<

The SMT games should be on the top off your list...well, right below the games that you already like.

Edited by Refa

I've heard of the series, but only have a very basic knowledge of it outside of Persona 3 and 4. Hopefully I can buy and play a few of the main series games before the crossover comes out.

My SMT collection before the crossover was announced was Persona 1 PSP, 2:Innocent Sin PSP, 3, P3P, 4, Strange Journey, Devil Survivor 1 and 2, and Digital Devil Saga, and I have watched a lot of Nocturne. Now I also have Soul Hackers in the collection and am about to buy Persona 2: Eternal Punishment on PSN since we're not getting the PSP version from the looks of it. Haven't played any of the Raidou Kuzunoha Devil Summoner games because I couldn't preorder them at the store... online sales only... sigh.

I assumed it was some other series that I couldn't care less about. Probably won't play it even knowing about the crossover.

Edited by Liquid Snake

I've only played Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden out of the whole SMT series, and they were both fantastic gameplay and story-wise. Might pick up Soul Hackers if there's nothing to do this summer.

I had heard of it in passing kind of but that's it. I knew the name, I knew it was a thing that existed, but I didn't know anything about it.

If "Yes" means that I knew what the series has broadly been about and the general gameplay structure, yeah, I've known that, in addition to "just the name," though I haven't had occasion to actually try it yet.

I knew a bit about the premise/franchise and probably would like it, but never really bothered to look into the series.

My answer is so obvious that I am wondering if my vote was even necessary.

*Looks at some of the earlier posts* Hmmmmm... Persona and ,going from that other thread I made, Devil Survivor seem pretty popular around here.

Yeah, I have. I own Devil Survivor (original, not the remake), Strange Journey, Persona 3 FES, Persona 4 (not the Golden version), Persona 2: Innocent Sin (on PSP), and I recently picked up Soul Hackers on 3DS. I also have Shin Megami Tensei IV pre-ordered on Amazon. Awesome games. Now if only I could find Devil Survivor 2...>_>.

Edited by Karaszure

Definitely. Well, I did only play Persona 3 (partial) / 4 (mostly) and Devil Survivor 2 / Overclocked. Still, I learned about SMT series / their spin-offs after I first learned of FE...

also have Soul Hackers but it's kinda weird... and FE13 currently has my soul.