...What the hell is this?

So I just finished Ch.21 (the one where you escape Plegia castle, and in the World Map, there appears a green Wyern icon. Apparently it's just another challenge...I found it strange how it was green, and the "Leader" character wasn't generic- It was a girl with Tactician clothes named "Atiade". And her teamed was filled with strong playable characters like Vaike, Tharja, Ricken, Libra, Tiki, Nah, Stahl and Flavia.

...I really don't know what this is. I looked it up, and nothing.

I believe this could be a Streetpass team? You might have downloaded another player's data.

I'm pretty sure they don't spontaneously appear on your world map without your approving them first, though?

It's a Streetpass team. Whether or not the person you Streetpass has Awakening or not, you get a challenge team. If they have awakening and have set up streetpass you get their team, and if not you just get a generic team (you can usually tell by the name and dialogue, and the "View Card" will always be empty).

If only I had glasses, I would have liked to push them up now. (Thanks Miriel.)

It's a Streetpass team. Whether or not the person you Streetpass has Awakening or not, you get a challenge team. If they have awakening and have set up streetpass you get their team, and if not you just get a generic team (you can usually tell by the name and dialogue, and the "View Card" will always be empty).

What they said.

Kind of like this:

I'm pretty sure if Streetpass is enabled, you don't need to approve every team you get--only choose what to do with them.

If it was another person, and your Streetpass team is set up, they probably see you on their map, too!

I believe this could be a Streetpass team? You might have downloaded another player's data.

I'm pretty sure they don't spontaneously appear on your world map without your approving them first, though?

No such thing as "approval." If you don't want them cluttering up your map, slaughter them, bribe them, buy from them, or dismiss them.

If the team is named "Outrealm Order" it's almost certainly randomly generated (or the player is trying to lure you into a false sense of security before springing a team of trolls with Lethality, Counter, and go knows what else).

If there are no marriages in the "View Card" section of the Logbook, it's probably random (or just early game). If the "About me" info is weird, might be random.

If the Avatar is in a non-Tactician/GM class, and only has skills from Tactician and one other line, almost certainly random (or lazy).

They don't need the game. Just a 3DS with Streetpass enabled. If they don't have FE13, then their team'll be random.

I've never encountered anyone on Streetpass in my school. Ever.

I don't know what to think about that. Is there no one in school with a 3DS, or is it because I can't connect wirelessly while at school?

Your wireless is on, correct?

Maybe you've just got a lame school :P: I've got at least a half-dozen regulars at college, probably more.

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to connect while at school, I think.

Your wireless is on, correct?

Maybe you've just got a lame school :P: I've got at least a half-dozen regulars at college, probably more.

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to connect while at school, I think.

It's not always on. But I have tried turning my wireless on and downloading DLC. I tried adding my school's wireless to my 3DS as well. I always get a message about how Nintendo doesn't like my school's wireless.

Streetpass has nothing to do with the Wi-fi wireless, it's entirely local. You shouldn't need to connect to any network of any kind.

...That's a Streetpass Team, TC, and an Outrealm Order (Generic Team) at that, from the sounds of it.

It's not always on. But I have tried turning my wireless on and downloading DLC. I tried adding my school's wireless to my 3DS as well. I always get a message about how Nintendo doesn't like my school's wireless.

Just leave it on so your 3DS will be in Streetpass mode and you might pick up a few streetpasses. Schools tend to be a good place to pick them up. Just have your 3DS in sleepmode with Wireless on, and you'll likely get a couple.

I'll give it a try. I mean, there should be SOMEONE on campus with a 3DS, although it might be my apartment complex. Nothing but grad students here.

I'm not exactly at a big school, so yeah, there should be someone. Of course, the friends I spend most of my time hanging around are the "nerds" (who also happen to be the most "popular" people on campus), so maybe I've got selection bias.

Heh.

I get a few Streetpasses on a regular basis just by taking my 3DS with me, and merely standing around my old high school (which is suppose, being 4A is kinda... large).

Keep getting one guy who actually has FE:A-- runs a team called "Soul Society"-- which recently has become a test target for seeing how Streetpass AI works, also it's a LB squad that spawned in Southtown for me. (YAY. I get the hardest non-DLC challenge possible!)

Keep getting one guy who actually has FE:A-- runs a team called "Soul Society"-- which recently has become a test target for seeing how Streetpass AI works, also it's a LB squad that spawned in Southtown for me. (YAY. I get the hardest non-DLC challenge possible!)

Wow. I'm actually...rather jealous. Although the Southtown spawn doesn't sound like much fun...

Only one guy at my school has LB, and his team is a one-man show, even if he is a Nosferatank with Counter, Ignis, and Lethality.

Wow. I'm actually...rather jealous. Although the Southtown spawn doesn't sound like much fun...

Only one guy at my school has LB, and his team is a one-man show, even if he is a Nosferatank with Counter, Ignis, and Lethality.

Southtown spawn is ideal for Streetpass.

The enemy can't Pair Up, so it's more or less fair that they get to out number you on small map.

Yeah, Soul Society (most recent version) was pretty brutal. Facing Kellam!Nah!+STR/-LCK!Morgan? Hard. With Limit Breaker? ****ING HELL.

...Came pretty close to caving and busting out my own Limit Breakers. (Wiped like 3 or 4 times... LB teams are hard to kill.)

Edited by Airship Canon

Totally didn't realize you got teams from people who don't even have the game.

How interesting...

This. The only Streetpass team i got was not at all generic (and oddly enough, only happened when i went to Japantown in San Francisco). So i thought it was only if a 3DS has Awakening data on it.

/And knowing is half the battle.

But yeah mang, streepass team.

Southtown spawn is ideal for Streetpass.

The enemy can't Pair Up, so it's more or less fair that they get to out number you on small map.

Yeah, Soul Society (most recent version) was pretty brutal. Facing Kellam!Nah!+STR/-LCK!Morgan? Hard. With Limit Breaker? ****ING HELL.

...Came pretty close to caving and busting out my own Limit Breakers. (Wiped like 3 or 4 times... LB teams are hard to kill.)

Well, unless you counter them back with your own LB team...

but yeah, OP sounds pretty much like a typical StreetPass team. I usually picked up some unknown teams on the train on my way to work... well depending on what train I take and what time it is.