Do you use the 3D?

mostly no, but every so often i turn it on when the mood strikes me. this includes always putting it on for cutscenes. it's quite enjoyable to observe, but mildly impractical for usual HARD GAMEPLAY

It's one of the better 3D games. The maps looks gorgeous with it. However it has that problem of needing to keep your 3DS perfectly still to not make the game look like a holographic mess.

I do like the effect, but I find it drains my battery ~3 times as fast, so I don't use it since I don't like plugging it in where I play. It takes a long time for me to get a headache when I use minimal 3D effects.

In fact, I use a parental control option that lets you choose (whenever you launch a 3D app) if you want it to have the regular 3D functionality, or to launch it with the 3D slider disabled/ineffective. That way I don't see the bright green "3D" light, which can be annoying at night, and I can accidentally move the slider to my heart's content.

Edited by BlueFire

I use the 3D almost 100% of the time. The 3DS has never hurt my eyes or head. I've also yet to notice any real slowdown with it on and I charge regularly enough that there's no real reason not to have 3D on, since the 3D does look very pretty. At this point, it almost hurts my head not to play in 3D, since my eyes expect the depth when I'm looking at Fire Emblem.

The only time I turn it off is when I'm setting it on my desk to use my computer while playing.

"I wonder what this scene looks like in 3D?"

*turns 3d on*

30 seconds of fiddling with the screen later, and I turn it off again because I can't see the difference.

occasionally for kicks or if i feel like looking at animations

Usually I play animation off skip enemy phase so it doesn't really matter if i have it on or off

This. Like, completely. Animation off 95% of the time, skip EP 40% of the time, but sometimes have it on if I feel like immersing myself (for example, for a particularly epic chapter/bossfight, or a cutscene).

My first playthrough, though, I had it on maybe 40-50% of the time. Now it's gotten old, though.

Occasionally I show it off to people asking me what I'm playing (like my CS professor, who thought it was an external hard drive for a moment; he was very impressed, actually).

3D on the entire time! ...Until it gives me a headache and I need to track down my glasses.

It makes the game feel so much more "alive" in some maps. Like when there's dust blowing around, or birds flying overhead. I also like how it looks when using the first-person view.

Sometimes I do, but the framerate drops too much for my liking when it's on though. Especially in battles where there are lots of effects on display, like rain and whatnot.

It looks great on the map though, with birds flying across your field of vision.

I used to use it, but I don't for the aforementioned reasons. It is annoying, though, that the green 3D light stays on no matter what unless you turn Parental Controls on, which makes an extra menu pop up when you turn on a game. No ways around that? <_<"

I used to use it, but I don't for the aforementioned reasons. It is annoying, though, that the green 3D light stays on no matter what unless you turn Parental Controls on, which makes an extra menu pop up when you turn on a game. No ways around that? <_<"

It doesn't look like there's an option for that. I guess you have to weigh the pros and cons of the popup and the green light. At least the popup gives you a quick way to turn on the 3D if you want someone else to see the 3D.

I find that when using the 3D, some battles (particularly with magic animations) tend to slow down and lag. Not a problem when the 3D is off.

I've tried playing with the 3D off (to e.g. conserve battery) but every time I do, I end up turning it back on. I'm not usually big on graphics, but the 3D makes such a huge difference in this game - it turns the generally pretty stuff into REALLY pretty stuff. I don't have any issues with headaches or the like, so I find the massive graphical improvement really nice.